Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,730|5005|eXtreme to the maX
Did you think you'd have a choice?
#FreeBritney
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+450|2618
Anyone here part of an union? I get offers from corporations to sign up for various services with special blah blah for being an union member. I never really thought about it until today when i actually went through one of those promotional fliers. Visa was offering me a credit card and a $250 Amazon gift card to sign up.

I get that this is spam but the fact that my union is facilitating it is politically problematic? Why is my union in cahoots with Visa and Amazon in order to sell me services? My union doesn't overlap with Amazon and Visa's area of business but I still feel it is a conflict of interest. There also must be money exchanged somewhere in order to facilitate this spam. Does that mean Visa is a financial supporter of my union?

And finally, being a public worker (sanitation) doesn't this also mean that Visa, my union, and the state are all in giant relationship in which they have an agenda to promote government? This does sound a lot like fascist class collaboration.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,730|5005|eXtreme to the maX
I was in the white-collar union at Ford briefly, I quit when they said that even though 10,000 people had been paying in for 30 years they didn't have the money to put up a roadside sign, but they did have the money to double the salaries of all the executives.

I told them to stop taking my money, nothing happened so I cut the debit at my end, then they went nuts.

Like everything any honeypot of easy money and power and influence attracts shitbag people.
#FreeBritney

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard