Larssen
+99|1857
The entire problem is that the police force seems to consist of uneducated unempathetic hicks. Not that they all need to go to harvard but goddamn people, some minimum requirements would be good. Focus on law compliance rather than enforcing law. Police should not be brutes.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-08-30 04:14:24)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Police everywhere tend to be heavy handed, the job is going to attract brutes who want to whack people just as the catholic church attracts paedophiles.

Still, I wouldn't want to have to wade into a ghetto and try and pull people out.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

They waded into the parking lot of a restaurant and sparta-kicked an innocent man in the back. Tazed. Tried to say he was "acting up!" You know, to merge your phrase with their "playin' around" version of the same bullshit.

"Pretty soon it's going to be impossible to arrest black people!"

Give me a break.
uziq
+492|3422
one that should hopefully finally shut dilbert/jay/etc. the fuck up:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ … port-finds

The vast majority of the thousands of Black Lives Matter protests this summer have been peaceful, with more than 93% involving no serious harm to people or damage to property, according to a new report tracking political violence in the United States.

But the US government has taken a “heavy-handed approach” to the demonstrations, with authorities using force “more often than not” when they are present, the report found.

And there has been a troubling trend of violence and armed intimidation by individual actors, including dozens of car-ramming attacks targeting demonstrators across the country.

The new data on protests and the US government’s response comes from the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data project (Acled), an organization that has long tracked political violence and unrest in regions around the world, together with Princeton University’s Bridging Divides Initiative.

Data assembled by Acled has been viewed as a reliable source of information on the death toll in Yemen, civilians killed by governments in Africa and political violence against women, among other conflicts. The organization launched a new “US crisis monitor” project this year, concerned that the US is “at heightened risk of political violence and instability going into the 2020 general election”.
how absolutely fucking ridiculous you sound when you said, weeks ago, that the 'only BLM activity still ongoing were rioters and troublemakers', etc. etc.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

how absolutely fucking ridiculous you [dilbert] sound when you said, weeks ago, that the 'only BLM activity still ongoing were rioters and troublemakers', etc. etc.
I wouldn't count on it.

Misinformation is being spewed like violently leaky plumbing to the regard of demonstrators being violent (a drop in the bucket next to provocative "liberals hate all white people and want them dead"). I would hazard that the biggest problems posed by protests is litter and traffic. For the most part, it seems they're protesting against police violence at risk of suffering police violence. It's a very clear picture that when viewed with a critical eye should actually awaken the anti-authority spirit in the militia mindset, if it weren't for the racist circuit so often present.

The article is very to the point though. I might use it.

e:

Trump equates support for Confederate flag with Black Lives Matter
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ … ews-sunday

Nothing like daily reminders of this man's ignorance.
uziq
+492|3422
as i have said time and time again, the biggest crimes/disturbance committed at any of these protests is litter and a spot of graffiti, which is par for the course at any large demonstration (or a street party or large celebratory event like a football match, for that matter). dilbert has continually tried to construe BLM, not only as a 'black supremacist' movement out to harm or rob things from civilization at large, but as frequently criminal and full  looters and store burners. statistically false.

soon he might be out of options, and there will be nothing left to do but actually listen to their message and consider the actual discussion.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I mean, or he'll #*& off to wherever Jay went.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

one that should hopefully finally shut dilbert/jay/etc. the fuck up:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ … port-finds

The vast majority of the thousands of Black Lives Matter protests this summer have been peaceful, with more than 93% involving no serious harm to people or damage to property, according to a new report tracking political violence in the United States.

But the US government has taken a “heavy-handed approach” to the demonstrations, with authorities using force “more often than not” when they are present, the report found.

And there has been a troubling trend of violence and armed intimidation by individual actors, including dozens of car-ramming attacks targeting demonstrators across the country.

The new data on protests and the US government’s response comes from the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data project (Acled), an organization that has long tracked political violence and unrest in regions around the world, together with Princeton University’s Bridging Divides Initiative.

Data assembled by Acled has been viewed as a reliable source of information on the death toll in Yemen, civilians killed by governments in Africa and political violence against women, among other conflicts. The organization launched a new “US crisis monitor” project this year, concerned that the US is “at heightened risk of political violence and instability going into the 2020 general election”.
how absolutely fucking ridiculous you sound when you said, weeks ago, that the 'only BLM activity still ongoing were rioters and troublemakers', etc. etc.
Thats great but so what? Would your mind be changed if you knew that most insurance doesn't cover damage from riot?
"Yeah my apartment got burned out, I lost all my possessions and I have to start my business from scratch, thats the price of lawful protest in a democracy I guess"

These people don't want equality, they want supremacy. No group in the history of the world has been satisfied with equality.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-09-05 17:27:05)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

You're confusing protesting with rioting for the umpteenth time. Has anyone on this forum ever backed the rioters? I'm pretty sure uziq for example never pumped his fist in approval of a rioter setting fire to a taco truck. Why do the police need to "crack down" on someone waving a #BLM sign? Why do the police need to be told by the president to be more violent, to thoroughly escalate? Is it any wonder why protests turn into riots sometimes?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Uziq touted graffiti and property damage as the healthy venting of anger, in this case and in the London riots.
He'd be less keen if it were his life's work going up in smoke.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'm pretty sure he just said that was an expected and normal, if unfortunate, escalation. And that it's not as bad as injury and death. That it's easier to clean paint off a statue than to resurrect the dead. I don't remember him actually giving it an approving nod. We need effort from the top to address the protesters very reasonable demands that they stop being singled out, bullied, maimed, and murdered by police officers.

e: Don't hear you complaining about militia-type nutjobs bringing their guns across state borders to go intimidate and shoot protesters as much as you bemoan "black body language."
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

Thats great but so what? Would your mind be changed if you knew that most insurance doesn't cover damage from riot?
"Yeah my apartment got burned out, I lost all my possessions and I have to start my business from scratch, thats the price of lawful protest in a democracy I guess"
that's great but do you realise that rioting and burning of property happens in response to the LOSS OF LIFE? what's the insurance claim like on that, dipshit? why does your heart bleed for the loss of a storefront (i can't see anywhere that someone's house or apartment was burned down, which sounds to me like aggravated arson and possibly a life sentence -- please find a news story) but you don't give a fuck about the NUMEROUS cases of PEOPLE BEING KILLED that started this thing?

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uziq touted graffiti and property damage as the healthy venting of anger, in this case and in the London riots.
He'd be less keen if it were his life's work going up in smoke.
property damage? life's work? i said monuments get graffiti'd and public areas get littered during protests. a nuisance? yes. a council cost? yep. a life going up in flames? lol. i was talking about graffiti and mess in the context of the student protests, not the london riots, there's a big difference. my point being that BLM protests are just as legitimate and peaceful as the student movement ever was, which you didn't kvetch and get nervous about.. why so dismissive of BLM?

i said riots break out spontaneously and are somewhat inevitable, not that i applaud them. what i DID SAY was that, after the initial riots and outburst of inchoate anger, BLM has represented an organised, PEACEFUL protest movement (which, to the best of my knowledge, condemned all looting and violence). which the above link to the study overwhelmingly confirms. you're making out like the first few days of chaos and violence beschmirched and invalidated the entire MONTH's LONG protest movement. you haven't once engaged with any discussion on the topic without mentioning 'looting and lawlessness', which DOES NOT represent BLM, not in their ideology/policy nor empirically, as a matter of fact, as can be seen from the wide study of this summer's protests.

get a new line, sorry.

Last edited by uziq (2020-09-05 18:08:31)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
George Floyd had a lethal dose of fentanyl in him, we'll see how that plays out.
Of the remainder if they'd just followed simple instructions they wouldn't be dead.

https://globalnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/010889412.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=1200
Looks like a bit more than a bit of graffiti.
uziq
+492|3422
are you missing the fucking part where i said 93% of all BLM protests didn't involve any property damage or violence?

engage with the topic. why are you so afraid of engaging with the topic? that 7% you keep bringing up is called a 'smear tactic'. do you think anyone here is listening to you?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm sure 93% of the SS never did anything bad, so what?

BLM is not all sweetness and light, they do have an underbelly of extremists and they are not looking for equality, which they already have.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-09-05 18:28:11)

uziq
+492|3422
you really, really need to read a fucking history book. your analogies are routinely terrible, illiterate in the most egregious and inane sense.

likening BLM to the SS? 93% of the SS 'didn't do anything bad'?

african americans already have equality?

if this is what you call 'engaging with the issue', i'm going to have to give you an F on this assignment.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Doctors have an "underbelly" of malpractice, but I don't think we should be shooting doctors.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Did I say we should be shooting anyone?

Apparently black americans have far worse maternity outcomes and infant death rates than white americans, maybe doctors are killing them off.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

You're talking about abortions, right? Wow, people who live below the poverty line contribute heavily to abortion statistics, who knew.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No, I'm talking about maternity outcomes.

Alarming Racial Differences in Maternal Mortality

In the United States, black women are 2 to 6 times more likely to die from complications of pregnancy than white women, depending on where they live (American Medical Association, 1999). Total maternal mortality rates ranged from 1.9 deaths per 100,000 in New Hampshire to 22.8 in the District of Columbia. When data from 1979 to 1992 were analyzed, the overall pregnancy-related mortality ratio was 25.1 deaths per 100,000 for black women, 10.3 for Hispanic women, and 6.0 for non-Hispanic white women (Hopkins et al., 1999). These rates have not improved between 1987 and 1996 (American Medical Association, 1999). The leading causes of maternal death are hemorrhage, pregnancy-induced hypertension, and embolism (Berg, Atrash, Koonin, & Tucker, 1996). Black and nonwhite women have almost 3 times the risk of death from hemorrhage than white women (Chichakli, Atrash, Mackay, Musani, & Berg, 1999).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1595019/

The answer can only be racism, because racism is the only answer to everything that goes wrong for black people.

So clearly white doctors are racist, killing black women. Lets defund the doctors and burn down the hospitals! That'll teach em.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-09-05 20:22:07)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
20 Years later white doctors are still just as racist.

Racial and Ethnic Disparities Continue in Pregnancy-Related Deaths
Black, American Indian/Alaska Native women most affected
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2019 … eaths.html
uziq
+492|3422
dilbert wtf is your point? are BLM calling obstetricians racists?

so because races have genetic conditions, you think what, inequality is justified? black people, perhaps because they have a gene allele that activates for sickle cell disease, also have one that explains why they should be subordinate and below white people?

nobody is complaining about childbirth statistics bro! they want equality and to NOT BE MURDERED BY COPS.

Last edited by uziq (2020-09-05 22:19:05)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
What genetic condition could cause the disparity in pregnancy complications?

Anyway, I already told you the correct answer, its clearly racism.
And I think you just tried to cancel me, ma homies are on their way to spray-paint your house.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

https://i.imgur.com/PZWil3G.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
painful watching a grown man try to grasp a pretty simple issue.

herf durf the SS, political correctness gone mad, cancel culture gnarf gnagne ..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard