HollisHurlbut
+51|5967

SuperJail Warden wrote:

All of the community questions were from BLM people with the exception of a white lady with a Spanish last name. She was there asking for the resignation of a board of education member who is a loud and proud Trump supporter.
I think it's sad that supporting Trump is all that's required for some people to feel justified in demanding someone resign from a school board.

The BLM people had a lot of questions regarding how to reform the schools to be more minority friendly. One thing that really upset the BLM people was that even though the district has tens of thousands of students, the vast majority of them non-white, the district only had 19 black teachers. Only 1 guidance counselor is non-white also. The BLM people wanted to know what is being done to get more minorities into the system so that you have educational staff that is representative of the people they are teaching. Education research has shown that this improves outcomes. The BoE had some "we are trying" answers and that's nice but outcomes and actions are better.
I can't help but wonder how you get "better" racial ratios without actively discriminating in the hiring process.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

HollisHurlbut wrote:

I think it's sad that supporting Trump is all that's required for some people to feel justified in demanding someone resign from a school board.
The guy came to Board of Education meetings in an overwhelmingly non-white district with a MAGA hat.
https://www.nj.com/resizer/S6vElZvnGCxzluf5xA7WPYkf6VA=/1280x0/smart/advancelocal-adapter-image-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/image.nj.com/home/njo-media/width2048/img/hudsoncountynow_impact/photo/24554078-large.jpg
But that's not why people are calling for him to reisng. He wrote a bunch of Facebook post recently mocking the BLM movement.
Trustee Michael Alonso has sparked controversy after a social media post that many view as racist and an incitement to violence.

“Where will the Bayonne Riot Start? Walmart- QuickChek- Shoprite?” Alonso said.

In another post, pictured in this article, Alonso shares a political cartoon of Joe Biden changing a “Black Lives Matter Sign” to “Black Votes Matter.” It has since been taken down.
It's clearly a pattern and it doesn't help a board of education already under pressure.

HollisHurlbut wrote:

I can't help but wonder how you get "better" racial ratios without actively discriminating in the hiring process.
Maybe the warped racial ratios are a result of active discrimination in the first place.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
HollisHurlbut
+51|5967

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The guy came to Board of Education meetings in an overwhelmingly non-white district with a MAGA hat.
...and?

He wrote a bunch of Facebook post recently mocking the BLM movement.
Trustee Michael Alonso has sparked controversy after a social media post that many view as racist and an incitement to violence.

“Where will the Bayonne Riot Start? Walmart- QuickChek- Shoprite?” Alonso said.

In another post, pictured in this article, Alonso shares a political cartoon of Joe Biden changing a “Black Lives Matter Sign” to “Black Votes Matter.” It has since been taken down.
It's clearly a pattern and it doesn't help a board of education already under pressure.
I don't see the racial element of the riot post.  Maybe it's a local thing?  I certainly don't see any incitement going on.  As to the Biden cartoon, I think it's a simple commentary on how Democrats take for granted the supposed bloc of votes that is black Americans and says more about Joe Biden than it does black people.

Maybe the warped racial ratios are a result of active discrimination in the first place.
Maybe they are and maybe they aren't.  Even if we assume they are, the remedy does not include discriminating against future applicants who likely had nothing at all to do with past hiring practices.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The racist part his riot post is assumption that the local blacks are going to riot. The sort of race riots in the Midwest and West Coast hasn't taken place in NJ in 50 years.

Are you familiar with the concept of Counter Insurgency (COIN)? Comprehensive civilian and military efforts taken to simultaneously defeat and contain insurgency and address its root causes. One important part of COIN is having locals managing their affairs and provide local security. This is why the U.S. spent so much time building up Iraqi and Afghan security forces and why AQ spent so much time blowing them up. Who is providing services is the difference between an occupying force and local rule. Again I will have to point out that the Department of Justice came to this same conclusion when they found that the city of Ferguson had the same issue of my town where you have services managed by out of town whites who have no stake and connection to the locals.

How you manage to change the discrepancy between the town and the town leadership's demographics is a question that none of us are knowledgeable enough to answer. Pochsy might be the only one who can even try. But you can't complain about the ongoing riots and mass disorder and then complain when anyone suggest taking steps to address the root causes of the dysfunction. I'm not suggesting anything radical like disbanding the police. All I am saying is provide better opportunities for minorities to manage and service their communities.
Larssen
+99|1857
Why on earth would someone come to a school board meeting wearing a MAGA hat? What does education have to do with Trump's campaign slogan? Or, Hollis, is it perhaps an attempt by that person to derail whatever the purpose of that board meeting is? Doesn't sound to me like the sort of individual I'd like to have in a school board.

Secondly, why would you show up wearing a MAGA hat in 2020, in a predominantly minority obviously-not-pro-trump town? There is such a thing called tact.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Heavens, is he also wearing one of those gaudy thin blue line shirts?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Larssen wrote:

Why on earth would someone come to a school board meeting wearing a MAGA hat? What does education have to do with Trump's campaign slogan? Or, Hollis, is it perhaps an attempt by that person to derail whatever the purpose of that board meeting is? Doesn't sound to me like the sort of individual I'd like to have in a school board.

Secondly, why would you show up wearing a MAGA hat in 2020, in a predominantly minority obviously-not-pro-trump town? There is such a thing called tact.
He got famous for opposing the building of a Mosque in our town. After protest and complaints about Islam, the city council denied the permits to build the mosque. So the people who were going to build the Mosque sued the city for discrimination and the city had to pay out a $400,000 settlement that will go towards building the Mosque. The guy rode the backlash wave onto the Board of Education. His district is secluded, quiet, 1 family houses owned by white people. So he is doing what they want of him I guess.
Larssen
+99|1857
seems like a wonderful case of self-segregation and a terrific breeding ground for escalation. I have no sympathy for people who refuse to coexist with others.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So my sister's friend got the phone call to go to the same police orientation for the same department I went to. I was in the high scoring group and he was in the low scoring group. Over the phone they threatened him telling him that if he walks out of the orientation then he can never be a police officer in their department. This makes me wonder if me just leaving was really unusual/frustrating for them. Like were they really offended that someone would just not be interested in or willing to make a one sided commitment to them.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8c/e3/2d/8ce32d10294839c4da6ac27a9ae77779.gif
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

if i had been present at the loss of another human being's life due to a chokehold restraining, if i had even been witness to that, i definitely would not go around pranking and cavorting with my pals, evidently having a great laugh, and putting one another in chokeholds. it's beyond tasteless.

it's almost as if, on a basic psychological level, black lives don't matter to these people. if one of your buddies or family died in a chokehold, wouldn't it have some ominous or sombre association for you? but no, these guys were jerking around with chokeholds whilst elijah was basically still under a sheet, waiting to be buried. not even fazed at all.

and people are surprised about the vehemence of BLM rhetoric
Its a picture of nothing, just people dicking around.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So everyone has to kneel now, white people in Austria.
This is out of control now.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/53294057

The olympics will be fun, no political protest is allowed by anyone, the BLM people will be butthurt beyond measure.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
i support lewis in blm but god he opens his mouth too much
sponsored by petronas which is state owned by very anti lgbt malaysia while calling out others for not posting on social media about blm
called someone racist in public, only apologized in private after he found out he was wrong
said he was the first working class f1 champ.
and thats only recently

another note
i do not get the removal of any tv with blackface. it is retarded
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I had to Google "Lewis race car" to figure out what you were talking about.

Lewis and Bubba should start a podcast together.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Hamilton was born on 7 January 1985 in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England. Hamilton's mother, Carmen (Larbalestier), is white British, while his father, Anthony Hamilton, is black British, making him mixed-race; he self-identifies as black.
Lewis needs to find a door loop somewhere.

I've talked about it, I think I'm going to self-identify as black from now on.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-07-04 19:08:36)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
If a man can pretend to be a woman you can pretend to be black.
HollisHurlbut
+51|5967

SuperJail Warden wrote:

If a man can pretend to be a woman you can pretend to be black.
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but I seriously don't see any relevant difference here.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The trannies say they can become any gender they feel like. Why can't Dilbert be black? Why can't I be a Jew? I am more a Jew than a woman.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I can see a lot of advantages to being black now, I'm sure there's some black blood in me somewhere.

Positive discrimination here I come.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If the police try to arrest me for anything I can just say "I'm black, get lost, unless you want to be fired you cracker fuck, now get out of my face and country"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Congratulations, your life finally matters.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Fo' sho'
HollisHurlbut
+51|5967

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The racist part his riot post is assumption that the local blacks are going to riot. The sort of race riots in the Midwest and West Coast hasn't taken place in NJ in 50 years.
Given what' had been going on around the rest of the country, I think it is reasonable to suspect similar events would unfold in that town also.

Are you familiar with the concept of Counter Insurgency (COIN)? Comprehensive civilian and military efforts taken to simultaneously defeat and contain insurgency and address its root causes. One important part of COIN is having locals managing their affairs and provide local security. This is why the U.S. spent so much time building up Iraqi and Afghan security forces and why AQ spent so much time blowing them up. Who is providing services is the difference between an occupying force and local rule. Again I will have to point out that the Department of Justice came to this same conclusion when they found that the city of Ferguson had the same issue of my town where you have services managed by out of town whites who have no stake and connection to the locals.
Yeah, I'm going to decline this "opportunity" to think of fellow Americans as insurgents or occupying forces.

How you manage to change the discrepancy between the town and the town leadership's demographics is a question that none of us are knowledgeable enough to answer.
Elections are probably a good start.

But you can't complain about the ongoing riots and mass disorder and then complain when anyone suggest taking steps to address the root causes of the dysfunction.
I don't think the skin color of any city employee is a root cause of anything.

Last edited by HollisHurlbut (2020-07-04 20:07:14)

HollisHurlbut
+51|5967

Dilbert_X wrote:

If the police try to arrest me for anything I can just say "I'm black, get lost, unless you want to be fired you cracker fuck, now get out of my face and country"
I've at times wondered what the reaction would be if I were to say to someone who treated me rudely, "you're only doing this because I'm black."
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Ah Ali G

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-07-04 20:11:02)

HollisHurlbut
+51|5967

Larssen wrote:

Why on earth would someone come to a school board meeting wearing a MAGA hat?
Because he likes Trump?  Because it covered his bald spot?  Because he lined the inside with tin foil to keep out the New World Order brain waves?  Because it would piss you off?  There are countless reasons why he would do so, and none of them warrant removal from the Board.

Or, Hollis, is it perhaps an attempt by that person to derail whatever the purpose of that board meeting is? Doesn't sound to me like the sort of individual I'd like to have in a school board.
Lucky for all of us, your opinion on who is fit to serve on public boards based on their political affinity is not important.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard