SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

When has the reactionary crackdown ever been lighter than the original violence?
beautiful logic!

why is the libertarian justifying state repression and crackdowns? why are you condoning the use of force by a government upon its citizens at all?

you need to examine your political ideology. it's due for an update. maybe reach for another impressive-sounding label. fascist is one.
Why is highlighting a universal truth condoning it? I am saying the reaction was inevitable, and was expected and embraced. They knew what they were doing when they tossed molotov cocktails at police officers. There's no innocence or ignorance to fall back on.
No one has tossed Molotov cocktails at police. Firecrackers sure.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711

Jay wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Jay wrote:

That was already exposed and widely known. Do you think violent protest against cops will make cops change their behavior, or will it harden them?
Seeing as how the torturous murder of one man sparked riots all over the country and damages in billions, your cops better get the message.
And let the criminals dictate acceptable behavior? You don't know many cops, do you?
Most cops I have gotten to know are air head thick bone brutes. The handful that aren't moved onto be detectives and administrators. The average cop on the street is a more a brute than an intellectual.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
They call it being street smart Mac
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3443
The Pentagon is distancing secretary of defence Mark Esper and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley from Trump’s infamous walk yesterday from the White House to St John’s Episcopal Church.

An unnamed “senior defense official” said during a teleconference briefing that the officials were not aware where they were going when they were summoned to see the president and then fell in behind as he walked out of the White House.

“Once they began that walk off the White House grounds with the president, they continued with him,” the official said, adding that Esper and Milley were also unaware the police had cleared the square with tear gas and baton charges.

Adam Smith, the Democratic chair of the House armed services committee, told reporters in a teleconference he has asked Esper and Milley to come before the committee to explain the military’s role in responding to the George Floyd protests.

“If you use the US military, that is further contributing to the idea that this is a war,” Smith said. “[Trump] is talking about going to war with the citizens of the United States of America. And that is troubling and I am very concerned about what potential role the US military could play in simply amplifying this misguided rhetoric.”
totally normal behaviour from a leader in a democracy. clearing a square/park of peaceful protestors and taking the heads of the military on a publicity walk with you. grabbing a bible at a church (without permission of the outraged bishop), flanked by your generals.

totally normal.
lil_droo
+19|1486

uziq wrote:

the vast majority of protests are peaceful, precisely civil disobedience. trump's ploy to make out that 'antifa' are organizing nationwide to loot and pillage handily skirts over, and thus dismisses, the legitimate concerns and peaceful protests of most people. the entire racial aspect has hardly been acknowledged by trump or the white house: it's all lefty this, fake news that, antifa terrorism, blah blah blah.

there are countless videos in this thread alone where police are dispersing peaceful protestors by force. trump just cleared out a peaceful protest, sanctioned and allowed, within the limits of a curfew, using teargas and stun grenades, so that he could take a stroll for a photo-opportunity. how is that democracy? where was the riot? where was the looting? your democratic rights, your fundamental american right to civil disobedience, are being trampled by gung-ho policing and now the military. not good.

yes, all those people self-defending themselves with guns (or a bow-and-arrow, or a machete) turned out so well. bludgeoned half into comas and kicked into a pile of bloodied bones. what we need are all those fatsos with AR-15s who liked the photo-op at the capitol building to come out and spray down some crowds! the pro-gun arguments work so well! or maybe some more pissed off people in st. louis should shoot at the police! yes, yes! more guns, not less!

what sort of libertarian, are you, anyway? one in support of police shooting people stood peacefully on their own property? one where protestors are dismissed and people being knocked over by cops shrugged at? funny sort of liberty you espouse. you sound more like an authoritarian who is out to filch and line his own pockets from those with whom you curry favour.
bruh they got fucked up because they had a bow-and-arrow or sword or whatever and not an ar15 lmao. i just saw a video of some some dude trying to break into an asian dudes store the other night and the asian dude came out pointing an ar-15 at the dude one handed whilst filming with the other hand. he didn't shoot him but the otherwise "tough" looter was basically crying like a bitch on the ground and begging him to not shoot. if he didn't have a gun i'm sure that dude and others would have loved to gang up on him and kick him in the head while he's on the ground.

i'm not condoning violence but if these ppl realize there's consequences (possibly deadly) to their violent looting i can guarantee you'll see a lot less of this shit. don't violently fuck around with ppls livelihoods and small businesses etc. i personally know of a shop owner in santa monica that was quietly sitting inside his business with armed family members when it was popping off out there. thankfully he was safe/nothing happened but at least he was prepared.

and a lot of this shit is organized to a certain degree btw. they've found literal random crates of bricks set up/dropped off in multiple cities.

these ppl are confused like a lot of u hate cops and think we live in a police state or something yet you think the ppl shouldn't be armed and only cops to have guns wtf

Last edited by lil_droo (2020-06-02 09:43:28)

gang shit
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

Larssen wrote:

Jay wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Seeing as how the torturous murder of one man sparked riots all over the country and damages in billions, your cops better get the message.
And let the criminals dictate acceptable behavior? You don't know many cops, do you?
Had their culture not condoned excessive violence and apparently racist behaviour, there would be no riots such as this.

I would argue the police force exists to maintain calm, order and rule of law in your society, not provoke violent reprisals from enraged mobs. 'Protect and serve' seems bogus at this point but nonetheless it's their jobs to ensure this exact scenario does not occur.

To more directly answer your question I have many, many friends in the police. Difference is, I live in a country where they understand their role. If you want to be the doorkicker, join an anti-terror unit or the military but stay away from the police.
Violence begets violence, and the main lesson our cops will draw is that they need to be even more heavily armed and react even stronger at the beginning of a protest before it gets out of hand. The police care, first and foremost, about protecting their own. They're taught to control every situation, and if that means using force, they will do so. It is our job as a society to hold them accountable and change their behavior, but that's less likely to occur when they are having people bash the windows of their car and setting it on fire with them still in it. You want life respected? Respect life then, universally. There was a strong criminal justice reform movement making progress in this country. That has now evaporated.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

We aren't France. We don't look at rioting as a rite of passage.
your country was founded in rioting and commemorates said rebellion.

what the FUCK are you talking about? 'civil disobedience' is one of the very central tenets of the american 'philosophy'. it's right there in thoreau.

my god you are one illiterate bootlicking piglet..
Who's the thick one here? Who's been the one ranting that no one needs guns and that right wing people with guns are a danger and that the only people that should have weapons are cops? You, you dumb fuck.

This isn't civil disobedience, this is rioting and looting. No one has any problem with the peaceful protesters making their point. March, chant, fine. When you start being aggressive towards others you lose all moral standing. When you start attacking and injuring people on the street, you lose moral standing. When you steal, and burn, you lose moral standing. This has been going on for seven days, and it's gone well beyond any meaningful protest related to the death of George Floyd. It is being used as a platform so morons like ken (notice he's been gone for several days?) can go LARP their feelings out about how much cops suck and deserve to die and how the capitalist system needs to burn. This is every leftist living out their wildest violent fantasies right now. If they could manage to assassinate Trump, this would be the perfect protest in their eyes.

This was one of those rare times when there was universal condemnation aimed at one target, the cop with his knee on the neck of George Floyd, and now it's just a shitshow. Now the law and order types want more law and order, and the anarchist types want more anarchy and hatred directed at cops because the cops... did their job stopping them. We're now more divided than we were before. Now we hate each other more.

Maybe one day, when you've built something worth defending, you'll understand why calling me a bootlicker doesn't injure me in the slightest. Maybe you'll understand that to build within a society, rules need to be established, that they serve a purpose, and that when people can indiscriminately commit violent acts, society disintegrates and nothing is worth building towards. Nihilism is not my religion.
Jay, you say you are for the NAP. You understand that reactive response is disproportional. You recognize that "we live in a society", that there is a social contract where certain liberties are relinquished for better collective security. But then you start your critique at the point of protest, instead of the catalyst.

What about the black bodies sent to the morgue by police officers? That is an aggression. Of course the response to THAT violence is disproportionate - the social contract, remember? People give up pieces of their own freedom for the collective security of others. The social contract is failing black people. You want black people to peacefully protest against a system that treats them as less than human. When they peacefully protest things like the national anthem at football games, people like you tell them that a football game is not the right avenue. When they peacefully protest in the streets, you tell them that protests are useless. When they fight back against an authoritarian power, you chide them for violence. Where is your criticism of the police?

You spend countless words, posts, breaths talking about the violent protests. You spend one sentence talking about the death of a black man at the hands of police. Look at your own comments - "police killing black people is bad, but don't destroy property". It's not "the destruction of property is bad, but the police need to stop killing black people". DESTRUCTION OF LIFE IS WORSE THAN DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY! You talk about building something worth defending, and maybe then people will understand. How are black people supposed to build something worth defending when our society does not even treat black people as equal human beings? How are black people supposed to build something worth defending when prosecutors arrest and charge black people at a higher rate for the same crimes as white people? How are black people supposed to build something worth defending when their votes are suppressed? When institutional racism in the form of redlining, voting laws, lending, justice, etc retard black peoples' ability to build something worth defending?

You sit on a mountain of white privilege. You and I, and all white Americans, have profited and succeeded off a racist system. The very least you can do is recognize the position we are in, and use that position to push for positive change. Instead, you are choosing to back that racist system, and use your white privilege to scold those black people. "Why can't you just peacefully protest"?

It's nice to know you're thinking about me when I'm not here.
uziq
+492|3443
yes and i've seen a video of a guy with an AR-15 he had grabbed from the back of a burning police cruiser, who was waving it around, and then another guy walked right up to him and tore it out of his hands. what's your point? shall we play this game we always play with the guns/mass shootings debate? the this-is-actually-what-would-happen-fucker or no-i-would-do-this-watch-me-go routine?

and a lot of this shit is organized to a certain degree btw. they've found literal random crates of bricks set up/dropped off in multiple cities.
yeah and there's just as much chance that was put there by police or pro-government people. there has been lots of communications within white nationalist groups about 'provoking' riots and agitating in the situation. you know how this goes. police have also been filmed driving up to water stations/supply caches in plainclothes, jumping off the back of a flatbed, and wrecking all the shit and provoking the peaceful protestors.

these ppl are confused like a lot of u hate cops and think we live in a police state or something yet you think the ppl shouldn't be armed and only cops to have guns wtf
this works for literally 95% of democracies in the world, androoz. like, every state in europe. how's their murder stats? how's their crime stats? how many people are shot? how often do they descend into chaos and riots? jesus christ use your head. nobody is arguing for the police as they currently exist in the US to have all the guns and for citizens to be de-armed. the entire point is that the US police are way, way too militarized. nobody here is arguing any different. you can be against guns and also against the police, you know.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-02 09:47:52)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

beautiful logic!

why is the libertarian justifying state repression and crackdowns? why are you condoning the use of force by a government upon its citizens at all?

you need to examine your political ideology. it's due for an update. maybe reach for another impressive-sounding label. fascist is one.
Why is highlighting a universal truth condoning it? I am saying the reaction was inevitable, and was expected and embraced. They knew what they were doing when they tossed molotov cocktails at police officers. There's no innocence or ignorance to fall back on.
https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny … story.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny.com … d/6225018/
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny … story.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny.com … d/6225018/
I stand corrected. That's pretty damn cool of them..
uziq
+492|3443

Jay wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Jay wrote:

Had their culture not condoned excessive violence and apparently racist behaviour, there would be no riots such as this.

I would argue the police force exists to maintain calm, order and rule of law in your society, not provoke violent reprisals from enraged mobs. 'Protect and serve' seems bogus at this point but nonetheless it's their jobs to ensure this exact scenario does not occur.

To more directly answer your question I have many, many friends in the police. Difference is, I live in a country where they understand their role. If you want to be the doorkicker, join an anti-terror unit or the military but stay away from the police.
Violence begets violence, and the main lesson our cops will draw is that they need to be even more heavily armed and react even stronger at the beginning of a protest before it gets out of hand. The police care, first and foremost, about protecting their own. They're taught to control every situation, and if that means using force, they will do so. It is our job as a society to hold them accountable and change their behavior, but that's less likely to occur when they are having people bash the windows of their car and setting it on fire with them still in it. You want life respected? Respect life then, universally. There was a strong criminal justice reform movement making progress in this country. That has now evaporated.
you are so full of shit, it's hilarious.

how did the black people murdered by police err by 'not respecting life' in the first place?

cops' lesson from this is to be 'more brutal' and less tolerant? really? errrrrrrrr

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-02 09:49:38)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

Jay wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Jay wrote:

Exhibit A.

You don't actually care about the police brutality. You care about the response to police brutality.

You don't even start with some stupid line like, "well, police murdering black people is bad, but....". You completely dismiss the part where the violence started in order to focus your criticism on an effect of that violence.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

your country was founded in rioting and commemorates said rebellion.

what the FUCK are you talking about? 'civil disobedience' is one of the very central tenets of the american 'philosophy'. it's right there in thoreau.

my god you are one illiterate bootlicking piglet..
Who's the thick one here? Who's been the one ranting that no one needs guns and that right wing people with guns are a danger and that the only people that should have weapons are cops? You, you dumb fuck.

This isn't civil disobedience, this is rioting and looting. No one has any problem with the peaceful protesters making their point. March, chant, fine. When you start being aggressive towards others you lose all moral standing. When you start attacking and injuring people on the street, you lose moral standing. When you steal, and burn, you lose moral standing. This has been going on for seven days, and it's gone well beyond any meaningful protest related to the death of George Floyd. It is being used as a platform so morons like ken (notice he's been gone for several days?) can go LARP their feelings out about how much cops suck and deserve to die and how the capitalist system needs to burn. This is every leftist living out their wildest violent fantasies right now. If they could manage to assassinate Trump, this would be the perfect protest in their eyes.

This was one of those rare times when there was universal condemnation aimed at one target, the cop with his knee on the neck of George Floyd, and now it's just a shitshow. Now the law and order types want more law and order, and the anarchist types want more anarchy and hatred directed at cops because the cops... did their job stopping them. We're now more divided than we were before. Now we hate each other more.

Maybe one day, when you've built something worth defending, you'll understand why calling me a bootlicker doesn't injure me in the slightest. Maybe you'll understand that to build within a society, rules need to be established, that they serve a purpose, and that when people can indiscriminately commit violent acts, society disintegrates and nothing is worth building towards. Nihilism is not my religion.
Jay, you say you are for the NAP. You understand that reactive response is disproportional. You recognize that "we live in a society", that there is a social contract where certain liberties are relinquished for better collective security. But then you start your critique at the point of protest, instead of the catalyst.

What about the black bodies sent to the morgue by police officers? That is an aggression. Of course the response to THAT violence is disproportionate - the social contract, remember? People give up pieces of their own freedom for the collective security of others. The social contract is failing black people. You want black people to peacefully protest against a system that treats them as less than human. When they peacefully protest things like the national anthem at football games, people like you tell them that a football game is not the right avenue. When they peacefully protest in the streets, you tell them that protests are useless. When they fight back against an authoritarian power, you chide them for violence. Where is your criticism of the police?

You spend countless words, posts, breaths talking about the violent protests. You spend one sentence talking about the death of a black man at the hands of police. Look at your own comments - "police killing black people is bad, but don't destroy property". It's not "the destruction of property is bad, but the police need to stop killing black people". DESTRUCTION OF LIFE IS WORSE THAN DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY! You talk about building something worth defending, and maybe then people will understand. How are black people supposed to build something worth defending when our society does not even treat black people as equal human beings? How are black people supposed to build something worth defending when prosecutors arrest and charge black people at a higher rate for the same crimes as white people? How are black people supposed to build something worth defending when their votes are suppressed? When institutional racism in the form of redlining, voting laws, lending, justice, etc retard black peoples' ability to build something worth defending?

You sit on a mountain of white privilege. You and I, and all white Americans, have profited and succeeded off a racist system. The very least you can do is recognize the position we are in, and use that position to push for positive change. Instead, you are choosing to back that racist system, and use your white privilege to scold those black people. "Why can't you just peacefully protest"?

It's nice to know you're thinking about me when I'm not here.
Here's the fundamental disconnect, ken. Time = money. I mean this in a literal sense. When I look at my car, I see a grille, headlights, an engine etc. but I also see the thousands of hours of labor, weeks of my life, that I am trading for it. When I look at a business, and yes, even a faceless corporate business, I see the lives of dozens, hundreds or thousands of people who have expended effort to build those businesses. Is burning down a business that took a lifetime to build the same as a life being lost? No, but it's really fucking close.

I want black people to have the same experience with the criminal justice system that I do. I truly want that. I don't see them as an incorrigible lot destined to fill our jails. I'm fully aware that they've had a rough time in this country, but not everything can be blamed on systemic racism or slavery. You want me to admit my privilege? Sure, i'll do that. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about getting pulled over excessively or getting dirty looks when I walk down the street. The times when I've been in the minority and have experienced it directed at me have made me very uncomfortable. I would hate to have to live like that 24/7.

And most of my ire is not directed at the black protesters. From what I've seen on TV, they've generally been the most peaceable and law abiding. It's the white 20 somethings and teenagers that I'm condemning. They're all out there trying to fuck shit up without a care in the world. They're bored, and it's fun to burn stuff. Fuck them. They've completely overshadowed what should've been a talk about the criminal justice system and instead made it about themselves. You wanna talk about white privilege? Start with them.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3443
The mayor of Kansas City was just at the peaceful protest at the Plaza. As soon as he left, the cops started taking all the peoples milk and water and pouring it out in preparation for gassing them. And gas them, they did. And you want respect, POLICE? NOT A CHANCE. 
totally normal.
uziq
+492|3443
https://i.imgur.com/84ng5J2.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711

uziq wrote:

Many cops in America are hired because they are someone's relative or friend. Most often they aren't even members of the community the police. This is an issue in the city I live in. The cops that are hired are relatives of other cops. Once hired they take their $150,000 salaries and move to the suburbs if they even lived in the city at all in the first place. The same is true with the rest of the government jobs. So you end up in a situation where you have a minority-majority population with out of town whites running all of the civil institutions. In the Department of Justice report on Ferguson, they mentioned that the same situation took place. The police force wasn't from the area and treated the population like a revenue stream instead of people they are meant to serve.

And like I said before, your average cop is a thick boned brute.
uziq
+492|3443
as jay is mindlessly repeating, trump is casually mixing and blurring rioters with protestors. the right to protest peacefully without being tear-gassed is first amendment. it's the core of american civic life. trump demeaning them, calumniating them and threatening them with the military is just about the most tyrannical rhetoric imaginable. and people like jay are totally fine with it. the 'fiercely independent libertarians', to boot. you'd think they would have freedom uppermost tin their minds. nope.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
The right and police are casually ignoring the line between rioting and protesting. They'll suck a cop off as long as they can make the left look bad.
something something the left does the same with communist dictators

Conservative forums started against the cops but now that protest started it's just calling protesters rioters and complaining about democrat politicians.

Last edited by RTHKI (2020-06-02 10:57:43)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711

RTHKI wrote:

The right and police are casually ignoring the line between rioting and protesting. They'll suck a cop off as long as they can make the left look bad.
something something the left does the same with communist dictators

Conservative forums started against the cops but now that protest started it's just calling protesters rioters and complaining about democrat politicians.
All of the libertarian reddit subs are totally against the protesters and support the military putting down the protest. They were against the tyranny of having to wear a mask outside but are okay with the government shooting protesters as if we are Iran or China.

Time and again Libertarians turn out to be fakes only interested in not paying taxes. Libertarian hypocrisy is rivaled only by Evangelicals.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
Just go one of those emergency alerts on my phone letting me know there is an "Emergency Curfew" in NYC from 8 PM to 5 AM.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/6ae1efb1feeb864a01c14aebb957a8e3/tumblr_mjpubzNeWy1s7clhpo1_400.gif
lil_droo
+19|1486
this old man i was talking to last night at andrias was saying how stuff like this happens every 25ish yrs or so. i guess it's a generational thing. makes sense tho cause u had the watts riots in the 60's and then the king riots etc.

things will blow over and eventually things will be back to normal. the IG influencers will be back to posting pics with their ass out on vacation in the bahamas instead of the black tile posts. some of the white hipsters rioting will go back to working at starbucks or finish their up arts degree (if they don't rack up too bad of a criminal record) and posting on twitter. black people will start making good trap music again and move on with their lives (i mostly just want smokepurpp to drop his new album but he put that shit on hold). right wingers will go back to complaining about people complaining about global warming and gun rights and shit and mail in voting.

we're all gonna make it. everythings gonna b ok hun
gang shit
uziq
+492|3443
i detect ... development in our smooth-brained androoz? do we have here a soothsaying pebble? quo vadis?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
I am not saying there is going to be a revolution though that would make good T.V. Things won't just go back to normal though. We have Great Depression levels of unemployment and schools are cancelled. People literally have nothing to go back to unlike in the economy of the 60's and 90's. And the fact that we have a president who is encouraging using the military to suppress protestors is more than unusual.

At the very least things are going to get worse before they get better.
uziq
+492|3443
enter covid, stage left
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
We also still have a pandemic which is going to start dropping protestors, police, and their families in 2 weeks. This season of America didn't drop that storyline.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard