Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
uziq
+199|1963
the weird thing is that practice was adopted to combat smog, but N95 masks don't do anything about particulates and the yellow cloud that regularly floods SK/japan from china.

it's like an accidental benefit.
unnamednewbie13
+1,763|5283|USA

Jay's weirdly quiet about his weird "tissue boxes on feet" comment from back earlier in the pandemic thread. "You must be delighted about this shit, newbie." Now he's wearing paper masks so he can "feel safe at the grocery store."

"Thanks, I know hand washing is the most important part." Fairly docile when compared to that former accusation.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+1,970|3869|London, England

uziq wrote:

we don't know yet if it can re-infect people. immunity might be short-term. without proper control there will likely be another, possibly bigger, peak in winter 2020/21.

having it once might not be enough. you'd know all this if you paid any attention to the epidemiological reports that are streaming out, every day, from all over the world.
You really do think this is the end of the world. I am glad I don't live in your head.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+199|1963

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

we don't know yet if it can re-infect people. immunity might be short-term. without proper control there will likely be another, possibly bigger, peak in winter 2020/21.

having it once might not be enough. you'd know all this if you paid any attention to the epidemiological reports that are streaming out, every day, from all over the world.
You really do think this is the end of the world. I am glad I don't live in your head.
i don't think it's the end of the world. but it's nice to be informed. you know, science. facts.

i know you've ascended from that plane to the realm of sage libertarian wisdom, but i don't spend my days ignoring my screaming children and reading weirdo right-wing blogs.
SuperJail Warden
+226|2231
https://i.imgur.com/TVMDE8k.png
uziq
+199|1963
something similar to this was actually very fashionable in south korea a few years ago. i can't remember what it was originally for. i want to say outdoor gardening? rice harvesting? anyway lots of urban-chic types were wearing giant visors around. it was like something from a william gibson novel.

i recall they were associated with old women because they used to wear them when doing backbreaking peasant labour in the sun.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-24 02:53:59)

SuperJail Warden
+226|2231
It says it is a pollution mask. It can't hurt if used in combo with a regular breather.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,646|4617|eXtreme to the maX
Bought an online course for drone design, normal price $200, promo price $13.

Wanted to dip my toe in the water, and see what Udemy is like for the future, a few people I know have said they're hit and miss.
Also all the info in one spot and to compare with what I've picked up so far, which is out of date.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
+199|1963

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It says it is a pollution mask. It can't hurt if used in combo with a regular breather.
these were called 'ajumma caps'. that's the slang term for old ladies over there.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/LX8YfEFXHzEi0xyGaq20d9wRywwP4osKFIoOxyxXiIghI4Es60JCbR4iakXqMsT4mI5qxxoea6pSGkOzFKghyP-th-rcog7LjlDfuP1B1j2v1eHpMWiAZ_XN9zDFbGmLI-JaLnGTyPFTVhWD_4pZMki1xhUL5m47NqMP4cbGB24VBjhcX1zKCVYrUai-jPIz428f5Q

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard