Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
No-one knows how contagious it is at this point.
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/how … -sars-mers

Surgical masks aren't much use.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 … ronavirus/

But you know everything, best of luck.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

No-one knows how contagious it is at this point.
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/how … -sars-mers

Surgical masks aren't much use.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 … ronavirus/

But you know everything, best of luck.
did...did you read the article you linked? LOL

Can an N95 face mask protect you from catching the new coronavirus?
Health 27 January 2020

By Jessica Hamzelou
A man wears a mask near Wuhan, China
A man wears a mask near Wuhan, China

Stringer/Getty

Face masks are reportedly selling out in cities across Asia as concerns over the spread of a deadly new coronavirus grow. China’s National Health Commission has deployed masks to healthcare workers responding to the outbreak, and millions of masks have been sent to residents of Wuhan, according to reports. But will these masks stop people from catching the virus?

We know the coronavirus is airborne, and that it can be transmitted between people. Researchers believe that the virus may have made the jump from animals to people via the inhalation of airborne particles in a seafood market that sold live wild animals. So it makes sense to cover your nose and mouth.

There are two main types of face masks that are being used to do that. One is a standard surgical mask – the kind worn by surgeons during operations. These masks are designed to block liquid droplets, and might lower the chance of catching the virus from another person.

But these masks don’t offer full protection against airborne viruses. For a start, they don’t fully seal off the nose and mouth – particles can still get in. And very small particles can simply pass through the material of the mask. These masks also leave the wearer’s eyes exposed – and there’s a chance the virus can infect that way. “They might help, but it’s not clear they give you total protection,” says Mark Woolhouse at the University of Edinburgh, UK.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article/22 … z6CHNUzUij
No one knows how contagious, yet you're comfortable enough relaying the 14 day incubation time that has been observed in other CoV. So your position is that I should do nothing to protect my coworkers? OK.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Did you read the article?
But these masks don’t offer full protection against airborne viruses. For a start, they don’t fully seal off the nose and mouth – particles can still get in. And very small particles can simply pass through the material of the mask. These masks also leave the wearer’s eyes exposed – and there’s a chance the virus can infect that way. “They might help, but it’s not clear they give you total protection,”
They're of marginal use at best, apparently the major effect is to stop people touching their nose and mouth with their hands.

No one knows how contagious, yet you're comfortable enough relaying the 14 day incubation time that has been observed in other CoV. So your position is that I should do nothing to protect my coworkers? OK.
Apparently the WHO reckons the incubation period could be 14 days.
https://www.who.int/ith/2020-24-01-outb … avirus/en/

And a P2/N95 is the minimum to be of use
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectiou … virus.aspx

Anyway, you're the expert, do whatever you like, best of luck.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Anyway, if there's one thing we've learned from Resident Evil its that your co-workers are already dead.

You should stockpile 12g shells and generator fuel.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/oQ9dp_Lr1viTBSxUywWEJkjDmcU=/0x0:3000x2000/1200x800/filters:focal(1092x486:1572x966)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/54890041/resident-evil-afterlife-movie-image-milla-jovovich-21.0.0.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

Did you read the article?
But these masks don’t offer full protection against airborne viruses. For a start, they don’t fully seal off the nose and mouth – particles can still get in. And very small particles can simply pass through the material of the mask. These masks also leave the wearer’s eyes exposed – and there’s a chance the virus can infect that way. “They might help, but it’s not clear they give you total protection,”
They're of marginal use at best, apparently the major effect is to stop people touching their nose and mouth with their hands.

Apparently the WHO reckons the incubation period could be 14 days.
https://www.who.int/ith/2020-24-01-outb … avirus/en/

And a P2/N95 is the minimum to be of use
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectiou … virus.aspx

Anyway, you're the expert, do whatever you like, best of luck.
I did, and in this case doing something is better than nothing. I'm under no illusions that wearing a surgical mask will prevent an outbreak. I'm also rational enough to understand basic measures address 80% of normal concerns wrt transmission of airborne viruses.

from your link:

Travellers should be advised of general travel health precautions which will lower the risk of infection in general. Specific emphasis should be placed on:

hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene
    adhering to good food-safety practices
    maintaining good personal hygiene.
The measures I mentioned fall under the first one listed. N95/P2 is the recommendation for people at risk of coming in to contact with potential victims, e.g. health workers.

I'm glad we agree I should be following health org recommendations instead of some crackpot on bf2s.

It's almost as if I'm...doing exactly that.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
This is like the moment when Jay told us he was the one who had been made responsible for up-armouring the unit Humvee.

Its sad, but those people are already dead.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-01-27 19:16:05)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Any moment now Israel is going to annex the Jordan Valley, plus a buffer inside Jordan as a 'security zone'.

What a different world we'd be in if the Romans had put them to the sword.
uziq
+492|3423
and if someone had the common sense to dash all the ginger babies against rocks, we’d have been spared a lot of thwarted rancour from you.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I've been a lot of things, never ginger.

Ah yes, bashing babies against rocks, thats taught as part of the religion isn't it, along with rape.
uziq
+492|3423
a very long line of ancient civilisations bashed babies against rocks or left them on cliff tops in wolf-infested badlands. it was a primitive way of weaning out the runts and ensuring the fitter ones had a chance of survival and prosperity.

including the (relatively) areligious and martial Spartans.

and which sounds an AWFUL lot like the guff you promote on here in almost every thread, in the name of ‘pessimistic realism’ or whatever the fuck label with which you flatter yourself. dilbert: ‘we just need to cull most of the world’s population and stop people having babies’. of ancient euthanasia/population control: ‘nnyes just more proof of the evils of religion!’

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-29 00:38:26)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Not the babies of their enemies though, killing babies and children is not something most religions teach these days.

Oh wait yes it is

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/de/81/f8/de81f8926e121bb66712eac8e1075cef.jpg

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-01-29 01:19:09)

uziq
+492|3423
yes, dilbert, no other religious group have a chauvinistic military full of dehumanizing rhetoric!

https://nypost.com/2019/06/21/snipers-t … n-in-iraq/

and, not that it even needs to be said, but i hardly condone the actions of israel's military. the point is that you take their actions in the present-day and use it to smear 'jews' in toto because it's apparently 'in their nature' due to bronze age tales. i.e. you're a crackpot.

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-29 01:51:38)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thats great but killing children wasn't taught as part of US Army religious and tactical doctrine and he was prosecuted.

OTOH Thats exactly what the IDF teaches.
uziq
+492|3423
forgive me if frankly i'm a little curious about your excessive overweening sympathy for palestinian children. what have you done for the palestinian cause, exactly? seems to me it's a very convenient alibi for your anti-semitism. i'm not sure what's more distasteful: the military chauvinism of israel or your crocodile tears.

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-29 01:48:47)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes, anyone who says the IDF shouldn't be instructing its soldiers to shoot children in the head is an anti-semite.
uziq
+492|3423
but you don't criticize the IDF, do you? you criticize 'the jews'.

it's funny how most of the rest of the civilized world can condemn the aggressive/bellicose actions of the IDF in the strongest possible terms ... without making reference to their 'biblical propensity to rape, rob, pillage and murder as they please'. isn't that odd? here's most of the western world dealing with israel as a political question, and there's you going off about blood libels and quoting leviticus. it makes you seem unhinged.

that's what makes you an anti-semite. sorry.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
So it's every active topic where Dilbert's ranting about "the jews" now...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

it's funny how most of the rest of the civilized world can condemn the aggressive/bellicose actions of the IDF in the strongest possible terms ... without making reference to their 'biblical propensity to rape, rob, pillage and murder as they please'. isn't that odd? here's most of the western world dealing with israel as a political question, and there's you going off about blood libels and quoting leviticus. it makes you seem unhinged.

I criticise each when they deserve it, same as I criticise muslims and christians, the US military etc, its just that you're blind to all of that.

Strange that Israel is demanding that the world recognise them as an exclusively jewish nation, that all non-jews be expelled from Israel, is demanding that they be able to seize all the land to enable to return their nation to apparently mythical borders from biblical times - and then some, but if anyone dares criticise them then they must be anti-semites because there's no connection between their jewishness or the teachings of judaism and the behaviour of Israel.

Seizing the Temple Mount and the Jordan Valley are both exclusively religious objectives and both are going to cause immense trouble.

Its not really a 'political question' when the actions of Israel are wholly bound up with their nutty religion, vicious teachings and end-of-times beliefs.
It really is about an unhinged cult being glad to see the whole region aflame as long as they get to fulfill their loony prophecies.

Saying so doesn't make anyone an anti-semite, its simple fact.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-01-30 05:21:05)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The only mistake Israel ever made was not being Catholic. The Muslims should be ran out of the Holy Land.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

I criticise each when they deserve it, same as I criticise muslims and christians, the US military etc, its just that you're blind to all of that.

Strange that Israel is demanding that the world recognise them as an exclusively jewish nation, that all non-jews be expelled from Israel, is demanding that they be able to seize all the land to enable to return their nation to apparently mythical borders from biblical times - and then some, but if anyone dares criticise them then they must be anti-semites because there's no connection between their jewishness or the teachings of judaism and the behaviour of Israel.

Seizing the Temple Mount and the Jordan Valley are both exclusively religious objectives and both are going to cause immense trouble.

Its not really a 'political question' when the actions of Israel are wholly bound up with their nutty religion, vicious teachings and end-of-times beliefs.
It really is about an unhinged cult being glad to see the whole region aflame as long as they get to fulfill their loony prophecies.

Saying so doesn't make anyone an anti-semite, its simple fact.
The religion is used as a reason for some zionist actions the state undertakes, definitely. Being able to understand and accurately direct your criticisms is important. When you quite literally say "the jews" when you are talking about the IDF, or Bibi, or other hard-line zionists, it's understandable that people paint you as an anti-semite. Contrast your statements and our response with Ahmadinejad's speech on destroying the zionist regime, which was a very directed call out of the regime in general, not a call to action to commit genocide against the jews.

You do have a point regarding any criticism of the Israeli government as being painted as anti-semite, which is ridiculous. The problem is people making arguments like yours are the exact reason people paint any criticisms as anti-semitic - because you call out "the jews", then walk it back as a critique of Israeli action.

I know you probably didn't learn Criticism because you were too busy studying differential equations or fluid dynamics, but I hope you can understand the importance of formulating arguments in a direct and concise way.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm pretty sure I've been accurate in using various specific terms, Israelis, Zionists, IDF, Jews etc

When I've used 'jews' as a group its been to cover either the jews in the world, or the host which obliterated Canaan - which supposedly was all the jews in the world at the time.

The problem is when people use a specific term the response is always "You're insulting all jews you anti-semite"
When you use 'jews' in general the response is always "You need to be specific, you can't lump all jews together you fucking nazi"
Its a defined tactic to obscure the debate and avoid dealing with any actual issues, and works most times.

However historically 'Israelis' and 'the jews' are terms which have been used interchangeably for a long time.
For example here is the front page of a paper someone I know found in their attic a while back.

https://i.imgur.com/t6qmali.jpg

Since Israel demands recognition as an exclusively jewish state I don't really see the problem. And historically Israelis have been referred to as 'the jews' so its hardly a big deal.

Otherwise 'the jews' do use their supposed history when it suits them such as to demand their god-given right to dominance over the supposed biblical land of Israel then its treated as fact, but when it recounts the history of 'the jews' slaughtering their way across the region and liquidating every living thing in their path (and taking their gold, obviously), or that their teachings instruct them that they can rob, rape and murder any non-jew they like then its myth, lore, not to be taken literally and anyone who says different is an anti-semite.

Anyway, at this point I'd say the best thing would be to give the Palestinians a lot of money and somewhere nice to live, Jordan, Australia, wherever, and let the jews have the worthless patch of desert they want so badly for some reason.

However, the problem is they won't stop there, since their eventual aim is to retake greater Israel - and we don't know what that is yet.

Could be this one - it would explain why everyone is working so hard to destabilise Lebanon and Syria
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3f/Davids-kingdom.jpg/400px-Davids-kingdom.jpg

Could be this one - which would explain the destabilisation of Iraq, Syria, Egypt. Kuwait, Lebanon, Turkey etc
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/1d/59/d0/1d59d0d48ec23ba892191203efd18d62.jpg

Could be this one - Including Cyprus
https://i.imgur.com/8iLf4xD.jpg
Although these guys are a little nutty TBH, I'm doubtful Britain was ever part of Israel, probably not North America

"There are sources that the future borders of the Land of Israel will reach into Western Europe and encompass the British Isles (Eretz Chemda, 20, quotes Levush Mordecai in the name of the Chatam Sofer).
This opinion is based on the understanding of the Great Sea.

Our understanding is that Britain  would be considered as in the Great Sea (Atlantic Ocean) and if it includes Britain
it would of necessity expand to encompass North America as well!"
http://www.britam.org/Questions/QuesLand.html

Australia and New Zealand is really pushing it
http://www.britam.org/BAPoetry6.html#Sinim

But who am I to argue with biblical scholars.

Could be something else, no-one knows at this point, we do know they're already talking about annexing part of Jordan quite soon, who knows what else.

Cyprus belongs to Israel and was called The Island of Dan. The borders of Israel stretch from the Nile River to the Euphrates. Eastern Egypt, Sinai, Jordan, part of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, part of Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, and part of Turkey are within the Biblical Borders of Israel; They are "Occupied Territory". Rabbi M.M. Schneerson of Lubavitch (Chabad) on the borders of Israel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menachem_ … Schneerson

I predict this will run for a while, hopefully Jay's children and grandchildren will have opportunities to serve too - Israel, not America obviously.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-01-31 05:11:07)

Larssen
+99|1858
I haven't been here for long and I'm already done arguing about Israel or Jews with Dilbert. I'm quite certain his 'position' (i.e. blatant anti semitism that is only just short of stormfront levels of crazy) hasn't moved an inch in the past 12,5 years. This is a lost cause. Any point on othering, ethnocentrism, racism, blood and soil type of thinking has gone straight over his head for decades. The man won't even consider reading a book written by a jew ffs.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Yellowed column from 70 years ago addresses Israel as "the Jews." Good job, Dilbert. You cracked the case.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

blatant anti semitism
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Also, I have read some jewish authors

Is Obama Legitimate?

President Obama may well be a Kenyan of Canaanite origin and forbidden according to the US Constitution to fulfill the role he does.

We are commanded not to put foreigners in command of us:
Deuteronomy 17:15 you shall surely set a king over you whom the LORD your God chooses; one from among your brethren you shall set as king over you; you may not set a foreigner over you, who is not your brother.

Alien control of Israelites is described as punishment to be avoided.
Deuteronomy 28:43 The alien who is among you shall rise higher and higher above you, and you shall come down lower and lower.

Obama was raised in a radical leftwing environment and his mentors appear to have been anti-American pro-terrorist leftist types.
Barak Hussein is also against Zionism and the State of Israel and possibly against the USA itself.
http://www.britam.org/white.html

Jews did Stonehenge, thats a new one.
http://www.britam.org/megalithic.html

Otherwise no, I'm not interested in books by rabid revisionist zionists.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-01-31 05:47:29)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard