Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+711|5003|United States of America
I'm straight connected. I did just now go run the length of the cable, inspect it and then disconnected and reconnected both ends. It did get me up to about 23 Mbps, so I think that fixed it. It's just odd to me that it was shitty, but no so poorly connected that it dropped.
SuperJail Warden
+195|2038
What program can I use to rip DVDs? Handbrake gives me blurry messes. I don't mind paying $20 or $30 for it.

Oh and the DRM built into DVDs and Bluerays is insane.
uziq
+164|1770
something daemon i remember being good for it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+1,965|3676|London, England
Anyone have wireless earbuds they'd recommend?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Bought the sennheiser momentum in ear true wireless earbuds despite mediocre reviews. Lasted less than a day before the batteries died. Sending these back and going back to wired.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+164|1770
RHA do a decent wireless set but i’d always recommend wired. just not sure what is the great advantage of not having earphone cables?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

RHA do a decent wireless set but i’d always recommend wired. just not sure what is the great advantage of not having earphone cables?
Snagging wires while commuting is annoying but it's not worth having another battery operated device to worry about.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+164|1770
never get problems with snagging wires ... get ones with over-ear clasps and run the cable down the back of your neck. easy.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,790|4950|949

im sure im not in the majority here, but I don't like wearing earbuds or over-ear headphones of any kind, pretty much ever.  It seems like the only time I'm using them is when im on a flight or in a hotel room. I have nonsensical reasons such as the fear of not hearing something important and practical reasons like the lack of any solutions that don't make me feel like i'm wearing earmuffs or have a bug in my ear.

I am looking for a reasonable price range home set up though.  Can I realistically find a 2.1 or 5.1 with a receiver for less than $1k?
SuperJail Warden
+195|2038
I have a pair of these. I had a pair of small bluetooth ear pods and lost them. I need something big like this or I will lose it.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61ji31uH-AL._SL1500_.jpg
uziq
+164|1770

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

im sure im not in the majority here, but I don't like wearing earbuds or over-ear headphones of any kind, pretty much ever.  It seems like the only time I'm using them is when im on a flight or in a hotel room. I have nonsensical reasons such as the fear of not hearing something important and practical reasons like the lack of any solutions that don't make me feel like i'm wearing earmuffs or have a bug in my ear.

I am looking for a reasonable price range home set up though.  Can I realistically find a 2.1 or 5.1 with a receiver for less than $1k?
for music or a complete home entertainment?

you can get open headphones that sit very comfortably on your head and have a lot of environmental noise bleed in suitably noisy environments. it does strike me as a weird complaint but then again i have earphones in and music playing for about 4 hours a day.

Last edited by uziq (2019-06-26 00:36:33)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,790|4950|949

mostly for music, but looking for something that can serve a dual purpose.  I moved recently and want to upgrade

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard