Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+707|4822|United States of America
I recall reading recently that the reason hurricanes are so devastating in terms of cost these days is that even in areas not directly hit, large swathes of property can be damaged. Relief money pours in to revitalize the areas, and when the next years hurricane comes along, it is even more expensive than before.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+1,963|3495|London, England

DesertFox- wrote:

I recall reading recently that the reason hurricanes are so devastating in terms of cost these days is that even in areas not directly hit, large swathes of property can be damaged. Relief money pours in to revitalize the areas, and when the next years hurricane comes along, it is even more expensive than before.
And the guaranteed FEMA money gives people a reason to rebuild in risky locations rather than move further inland. We're paying for people to rebuild their vacation beach homes.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
+185|1857
If you tell these people they need to move inland they will flip out. There is so much space in the middle of the country for them but they are entitled as fuck.
unnamednewbie13
+1,744|4909|USA

Move inland and get hit by a tornado instead.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+707|4822|United States of America
It's a lot harder to get legit "hit" by a tornado than to be affected by a hurricane, unless you live near a trailer park. A tornado warning means you go outside and see if you can spot it.
unnamednewbie13
+1,744|4909|USA

Move inland and get hit by a poverty instead.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,602|4243|eXtreme to the maX
We have similar retards, insist on living in tinder dry forests, don't take out house insurance then expect the govt to rebuild their matchbox houses for them.
https://cache.boston.com/universal/site_graphics/blogs/bigpicture/ausfire_02_09/a08_17906347.jpg
Probably should have picked a different building material eh.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2018-10-13 01:42:44)

Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
uziq
+150|1590
could be worse. in greece the land and property laws are so bent that people purposefully set fires in highly flammable areas so that they can squat the scorched earth and claim it as their own. huge swathes of forested land have been wasted this way. as well as several hundred lives.
SuperJail Warden
+185|1857
I am so sick of seeing trannies on Tinder. Like I am at my school desk browsing Tinder and all of a sudden see a man in a dress and lipstick. Makes me sick.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard