Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
pls no durgs talk
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

you guys are so fucking dumb. lethal dose is only relevant in discussions of harm when you discuss its therapeutic index. that is, the difference between its effective dose and the dose that will kill you.  i can't believe i even have to state this sort of thing in non-arguments with you pedants.

i'm wasting my time. you don't understand – or wilfully discount – a substantial amount of what makes a drug medically 'harmful'. to you acid wins the sensational and 'scary' prize so it just must be more harmful, period. it makes you do crazy things, man! nevermind the fact that 4–5 cups of coffee a day have been linked to measurable harm, including infertility and stillborn babies. acid is the real harmful chemical here.

you talk about a drug that can 'fry your brain with one hit', which is a wilful misrepresentation. lasting mental harm occurs when you have a pre-existing mental disorder. LSD doesn't give you schizophrenia.
You're the one who brought up lethal dose.

I'm not pregnant so I don't really see the problem.

In most cases nothing 'causes' cancer, people have predispositions which get triggered.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
LoL
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I really hate taking over work from people who are clearly mentally disordered - based on their work being disordered.

It sets off my OCD and I have to calm myself with a lot of tea.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
They might be on drugs. Hard drugs like cocaine.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its possible, drugs do mess up people's brains.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
My company finally pulled the cord that people in my department don't get paid enough (after many people for years said it in exit interviews). Salary's going up almost 4 grand. Apparently they announced this on Friday, but I was off and didn't hear it, so that's nice.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

cost of living raise that should be given every year.  Congrats!

I'm going to walk away from my company sometime in the next 6 months. Death by 1000 cuts.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Death by 1000 punches in the face here.

I think my best option is to start a business, if I can spend all day in my jim-jams that would put me level with the cat.
DesertFox-
We do have 3% cost of living adjustments every year plus a performance bonus. This was just because our base salary was lower than what a lot of similar companies in the area offered.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

We get a 3% raise, if we meet our objective goals. We get less if we don't, all the way to no raise, so I have heard.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Death by 1000 punches in the face here.

I think my best option is to start a business, if I can spend all day in my jim-jams that would put me level with the cat.
I think you may be operating off an idealist's notion of what running your own business can be like. For many, it's far more work and way less free time than they'd ever imagined with naught a perk to mollify discontent unless you count old-fashioned bootstraps satisfaction to the detriment of your health.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I can almost live on my investment income, I don't need to earn a lot extra.
If I put even half my net worth into shares, and continued with my historical earning level I could retire easily.
If my business even partly flies its doable.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2017-03-29 01:57:49)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I'm giving this shitty job one more year to not suck and then I'm looking for another position somewhere else.  The micromanagement and treating my department like retards who don't know how to do their job is getting old in a hurry.  I can't stabilize here, I'm constantly anxious about what new ridiculous overkill change is going to happen next.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
join the military
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

_j5689_ wrote:

I'm giving this shitty job one more year to not suck and then I'm looking for another position somewhere else.  The micromanagement and treating my department like retards who don't know how to do their job is getting old in a hurry.  I can't stabilize here, I'm constantly anxious about what new ridiculous overkill change is going to happen next.
Learn to not worry about it, and find another job.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Had 4 interviews so far this year. First was a 4th place and then twice 2nd place and then 5th. Fuck me.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
One of my new co-workers is named Jayden and looks like Jay. It is the weirdest thing watching him walk around the place.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Ask him if he has a Libertarian troll account on a video-game forum.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://i.imgur.com/JIVSYPO.png
Fuck My Life
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Got two interviews coming up on friday and monday.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5902|CA
I've found that if I have a version of the following statement chambered my success rate of being offered a position is around 70-80%.  I will shoehorn in something like:

"If I am offered this position I will be the best (whatever) you have on staff.  I'm confident, educated, and ambitious and possess all the required tools to succeed in this environment.   I assure you that you will always look back on the decision to hire me as a wise move."

It's also important to maintain good eye contact, posture, and an even tone when you lie to someones face.
DesertFox-
My manager called me to her office yesterday and offered me the opportunity to go to Switzerland for a week as a subject matter expert on a global program that's being rolled out. This is an interesting development.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Getting really fucked off with my job, various people are being bitches, my manager is pretending to be nice but he's lazy as fuck when it comes to looking out for me.
The jobs market is picking up and if my micro-business gets going I could probably go with that.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard