Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
The 1% need more money, so the sad people living in shrinking towns with poor educations can aspire to having more money than they used to aspire to.
Seems like win-win to me.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Rich people are taking a big hit, actually. Elimination of SALT, reduction of property tax and mortgage interest deduction write off is massive.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm confident the top 1% will be seeing a net benefit.
Or maybe just the Trump family.
Tax cuts and increased spending are not a gift to the average American in the long run.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So the GOP passed a giant tax cut that adds over a trillion dollars to the deficit. The plan in Washington seems to be to just default on our debt someday.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Apparently Fox have withdrawn 'Idiocracy' from sale in Australia - is this because the Rupert thought it was disrespectful of the Orange One?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Silly Americans. You don't even have a government.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Rural people feel really good about themselves though. That's the important thing.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

AussieReaper wrote:

Silly Americans. You don't even have a government.
Not exactly a negative thing, we've done this before and it wasn't bad. Besides, Belgium has had a longer period of no government than we have.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

but belgium!

dummy
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Belgium is what we should all aspire to
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Belgium? You'd be lucky to compete with Belarus when you have this genius at the helm.

Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

it's January 2018.  You don't need to provide quotes anymore for evidence of how stupid and narcissistic our president is.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
And we thought we'd seen the limit of retardation with Duhbya.
War Man
What's wrong with comic relief for the end of the world guys?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

War Man wrote:

What's wrong with the end of the world guys?
The end of the world would be less likely if the Orange Messiah weren't in charge.
War Man

Dilbert_X wrote:

War Man wrote:

What's wrong with the end of the world guys?
The end of the world would be less likely if the Orange Messiah weren't in charge.
You misquoted me, reread the previous post and realize what I was talking about.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You misunderstood my misquote.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
It is annoying having to read articles about who raised more campaign money. Publicly financed campaigns should be something the country works towards.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
This whole immigration debate is a trip. The country blew $7 trillion in Iraq and Afghanistan and counting but somehow immigrants have bankrupted the country and we need to go nuts about that.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

its crazy to me that people are worried that low-skilled, uneducated immigrants who can't speak english will take their jobs.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It is annoying having to read articles about who raised more campaign money. Publicly financed campaigns should be something the country works towards.
I can't think of anything worse than allowing politicians to vote themselves more money.
An election shouldn't cost much really, a website, a few interviews with the press - where's the cost?
What your country should have is spending limits, like proper democracies.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

its crazy to me that people are worried that low-skilled, uneducated immigrants who can't speak english will take their jobs.
Its a problem that in the short term companies think they can save money by hiring cheaper immigrants, often to plug the gap until they offshore entirely.
At a company I worked at in the UK they fired the IT people and outsourced the work to a contractor who employed Indians. IT support went to zero and they wouldn't use a lavatory - they used to literally shit on the floor.
Ford UK is now heaving with Indians who are expert in passing the buck and little else, according to people I know who still work there. Quality is going down, not up.
Recently I took a taxi driven by an Afghan Hazara whose previous experience was on a horse in the desert. That was fucking scary.

With high levels of unskilled unemployment in Western countries there is simply no reason to allow unskilled migration.
They might not necessarily take specific jobs, but letting them in will drag the country down.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

that's a great little anecdote, but doesn't really apply to people decrying immigrants from Mexico who "tuk r jerbs", which is the overwhelming voice of opposition to immigration in the US

What you are touching on is a definite issue regarding the misuse and misrepresentation of H1 visas by (mostly) large consulting firms in a stop gap measure to offshore jobs, and something (gasp) Trump has said he is going to address.  If you recall, MacB posted about this-

https://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=4261667637
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I don't know many people who have gone through our school system and don't feel they are above picking fruit in a field or working in a slaughterhouse. I certainly wouldn't want to do those jobs. If we block immigration I don't think the jobs would be taken by American-born people unless wages rose astronomically, but then they'd just be automated.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The jobs will get automated eventually and the country will just be left with another set of mouths to feed thanks to immigration.

Look, I am not opposed to a lot of the suggested changes to immigration regarding change migration, the lottery, e-verify, and border security. When it comes to DACA though, there is such malice and cruelty towards these people that it makes the whole discussion around immigration repulsive to me. I rather continue to let people stream across the border unopposed and eat all the problems that go along with that than go along with cutting these people's throats like so many on right want to do.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard