uziq
+492|3422

DesertFox- wrote:

cowami wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Maybe this will be like x|x 24/7 Brecourt RIFLES ONLY!!one! x|x
wasn't brecourt a world war 2 skirmish? /pedantic
The joke there is that going back to WWI would make you rely largely on bolt actions rifles, and as such it would be reminiscent of early CoD multiplayer maps, along with the awful color schemes you saw in the server browser
call of duty rifle only was 10000x better than any FPS of recent years. and it's not like they had hands down supremacy on those maps. the trenches and bomb sites were spray fests. that and the fact a good player could hold down the whole map with single shots of the mp44/bar. plinking head shots with those guns from long distance through the bushes/cover was so satisfying.

Jesus FPS games have got shit.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

https://i.imgur.com/KeLNp6w.png
uziq
+492|3422

god i miss it so much
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I don't remember being able to see through walls.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
I liked the game but tbh all the stupid bunny hopping and that shit ruined it a bit.
uziq
+492|3422
it was a quake engine game. people hardly bunny hopped with any advantage. it's no different from dolphin diving in bf2.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

uziq wrote:

it's no different from dolphin diving in bf2.
Which was also shit. (the dolphin diving not the game)

Last edited by coke (2016-05-30 07:14:46)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Why?

What was worse is how the shit patch to 'fix' it made movement so clunky and unresponsive.
uziq
+492|3422
jumping in the old cod games and moving like that was useful in very limited situs. like jumping around a corner with a submachinegun to spray and pray at VERY close range. and the jump then was just for a slight element of surprise and to alternate headshot height for a creeping/peeping enemy. jumping out of windows for rifle trick shots and whatever was neat but hardly game altering.

Cod's basic movement was insanely responsive and your character just felt 'connected' to your mouse and keyboard.  that never happens on the frostbite engine. it feels like you're carrying a canoe on your back – and not with the good merit of adding realism. it just feels sluggish. the peeking and aiming of cod1/2 have not been surpassed as far as iron-sight FPS games go.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
some gameplay from E3

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
I'm officially disappointed. Don't give me the "it's only an alpha" crap either. The class system and the weapon options is not something that will likely change. This will not give me at least a semi-authentic world war 1 experience. There is absolutely no faction uniqueness from the looks of it, and hardly any bolt-action weapon usage.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
They still have to make it a game that's able to hold the attention of the grotesquely ADD kids nowadays.

The "sit in a trench in France until your foot turns black" is realistic but would make for a very boring achievement.

But yes it does look quite boring
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

everyone on this forum should never buy an EA battlefield series game again.  It's that simple. 

"Make BF franchise great again"
War Man

pirana6 wrote:

They still have to make it a game that's able to hold the attention of the grotesquely ADD kids nowadays.

The "sit in a trench in France until your foot turns black" is realistic but would make for a very boring achievement.

But yes it does look quite boring
They don't have to sit in a trench either. Just don't give every faction the same fucking weapons and redo the classes to make bolt actions a little more prevalent. In the beginning, the guy who played the British carried a watercooled MG, a German smg, and a pistol. WTF?

Last edited by War Man (2016-06-15 19:01:26)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
In fairness, the could change the weapons around fairly easily. Which classes have access to which weapons can't be all that tough of an issue to change before the Beta. Hell maybe they're doing half and half - half of the weapons are being 'tested' now, and the second half will come later.
War Man

pirana6 wrote:

In fairness, the could change the weapons around fairly easily. Which classes have access to which weapons can't be all that tough of an issue to change before the Beta. Hell maybe they're doing half and half - half of the weapons are being 'tested' now, and the second half will come later.
Not saying they couldn't, saying it has a low probability of it happening. What changed in the alpha of battlefield 3 and the actual release as far as weapon arrangements?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Probably nothing, I didn't pay attention to BF3 until about a month after it came out.
There's a good chance BF1 comes out and the classes/weapons system sucks, but lets not get too carried away with "smaller" issues that could be changed in the next few months.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I particularly enjoy the footage of paratroopers with automatic weapons spewing out of blimps like fighters from a UFO mothership. Honestly not surprised that it isn't realistic, because nothing in the franchise was. This is about as fantasy as it's gotten apart from 2142, though.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
I don't know a lot of places they're claiming this is super-authentic WW1 fighting. Sure its based on ww1 but that's about it, it still has to be a game.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Apparently it's a sexist game since you can't play as a female WW1 soldier. Although I'm sure if EA caved, it would be sexist for depicting them with breasts.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
If people wanted more realism, Verdun probably has that.  Although last I checked, it was lacking functioning tanks and planes and they weren't part of the plan if that's your thing
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The characters could have cat ears or six legs for all I care. I just want the weapons and vehicles to feel meaty and powerful. (inb4 innuendo)
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'm actually liking some of the gamescom footage. It's silly, but better than what the "action" trailers led me to believe.

Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

Anyone playing the beta? What are your thoughts on it? Outside of the no gun bug I experienced on the first round I played, it seems pretty solid and fun.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'd actually be disappointed if BF51 wasn't released with some initial game-breaking or really visually distracting bugs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard