SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Summer is in full swing and it is important to drink a lot of water.

What is your favorite brand? There are subtle taste differences. I like Poland Spring the best.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
tap
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Whatever says fucking purified or distilled water and is cheap.

Last edited by War Man (2016-07-16 12:38:32)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Sea

Mid-central Pacific is the best.
Don't be swayed by the Mediterranean-coastal fans, it's awful.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Rain or aquifer.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

RTHKI wrote:

tap
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

War Man wrote:

But none of the stuff that says that and is actually worth its salt is cheap.

BrandPH$/fl oz$/cf
Evian7.0$0.06$57.45
Fiji7.5$0.09$86.16
Essentia9.0+$0.05$47.86
paying for my own my local tap water7.0+$0.00003$0.03
asking a glass of tap water$0.00
Coca Cola$0.03

(maths give or take possible stupid overlooked mistakes, but bottom line is that bottled water is scammy)

Buying a $60.00 video game from a water bottler: one luxury car with generous features

It's a bit of a no brainer. I almost wish I'd had the idea of bottling and selling water at markups stretching all the way to 1,000% and beyond and was able to get investors to actually believe that it would work, but I don't think I'd be able to live with myself. I know there's costs of transportation and stocking to be taken into consideration, but these guys must be fucking rolling in it.

If your thing is convenience on the go, just fill up a bottle or two at home next time and skip the ridiculous store cost. If it's a long trip, use some gallon jugs. If you care about quality that much, invest in a home-wide purifier. Then you can shower in liquid gold.

It's interesting that asking for a glass of water has changed a bit over the years. Instead of nearly guaranteed acquiescence, people sometimes now look at you like you've grown a third head.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

War Man wrote:

BrandPH$/fl oz (amazon)local adj. price/cf
Evian7.0$0.06$57.45
Fiji7.5$0.09$86.16
Essentia9.0+$0.05$47.86
Coca Cola$0.03

(maths give or take possible stupid overlooked mistakes, but bottom line is that bottled water is scammy)

Buying a $60.00 video game from a water bottler: one luxury car with generous features

It's a bit of a no brainer. I almost wish I'd had the idea of bottling and selling water at markups stretching all the way to 1,000% and beyond and was able to get investors to actually believe that it would work, but I don't think I'd be able to live with myself. I know there's costs of transportation and stocking to be taken into consideration, but these guys must be fucking rolling in it.

If your thing is convenience on the go, just fill up a bottle or two at home next time and skip the ridiculous store cost. If it's a long trip, use some gallon jugs. If you care about quality that much, invest in a home-wide purifier. Then you can shower in liquid gold.

It's interesting that asking for a glass of water has changed a bit over the years. Instead of nearly guaranteed acquiescence, people sometimes now look at you like you've grown a third head.
I asked a glass of tap water all day for a drink and never got anything.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
https://nalgene.com/content/wp-content/themes/nalgene_theme/sorterScript/images/adventure_5.png

Last edited by Jay (2016-07-16 20:00:54)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

War Man wrote:

BrandPH$/fl oz (amazon)local adj. price/cf
Evian7.0$0.06$57.45
Fiji7.5$0.09$86.16
Essentia9.0+$0.05$47.86
Coca Cola$0.03

I have one of these.
https://ironbodybyartemis.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/imag0086.jpg
5 Gallon jugs cost like $6. It is actually pretty affordable.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Overpaying but affordable is still overpaying. Poland Spring is a bit on the acidic side, testing from the upper 5's to mid 6's depending on source. You might be better off with tap water.

So many people have been convinced their water is poisonous though that I'm fairly sure the bottled water industry's cynical future in overcharging for one of the fundamental building blocks of life on Earth is secure.

https://i.imgur.com/lhuQ9bm.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
All water on the east coast is slightly acidic. Our soil is acidic from acid rain due to industrialization.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3423
San pellegrino you fucking peasants
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Jay wrote:

All water on the east coast is slightly acidic. Our soil is acidic from acid rain due to industrialization.
it is delicious though

NYC tap water ftw
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

1:00
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6260|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

hey man, we steal that shit from the catskill mountains!

on a more on topic note, i don't think i can drink this oklahoma tap water straight up, so brita filter it is
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

i like my water heated and poured through ground-up coffee beans, brewed with barley and distilled, or  . . .  i see why it takes me longer and longer to come back here. Really, "Favorite brand of water"? it's a couple of hydrogen atoms that have a commitment to an oxygen atom and somehow became a topic.

R I P bf2s, we barely knew ya.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I've never tasted the sterile water for injection from work, but I'm told it's remarkable in how little taste it can have (obviously because there's fuckall in it). It's apparently somewhat disconcerting.
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

Water?
https://i.imgur.com/D8FMlWS.jpg
Steve-0
+214|3930|SL,UT

yes, water.

today we are gathered to mourn the passing of water.

i wake at two a m to pass water into a bowl that passes water into a water purification system that passes it on to Nestle that bottles it for millennials. Fucking Nestle© is making millions for taking the piss out of old men like me to bottle it and sell it back to you young motherfuckers for your hydration. i cannot believe i've lived to see the day that reclaimed water made it as a topic on a gaming forum.

And that the moderation staff didn't have a snide remark about trolling the membership about an affiliation with a cult because the members were stocking up on filtered water in the event of a world wide catastrophe, where the only things to to survive would be the moderation staff of a gaming forum and the people that bought Obama's guns. . . .
Steve-0
+214|3930|SL,UT

please change my password so i can't log onto here when i'm drunk, and participate in a discussion about water.

or put a bullet in my head, i don't fucking care anymore.
Steve-0
+214|3930|SL,UT

stupidest goddam topic a gaming forum has ever seen, "Favourite brand of water" jesus wept, really? i've got 99 problems and aFavourite brand of water isn't one
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

then don't post in here.  You're sounding more and more liek a grumpy old man.  You need a Jack Lemmon to your Walter Mathhau
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Stop moderating him, ken!
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard