pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
does nobody else sort by "show recent posts"? ive been doing it that way since about 2006 when the front page of bf2s stopped showing the 5 most recently commented in threads.

y'all dont even remember that do ya?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
do so
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

lol, one topic forum - maybe needs to be renamed ' Junk Drawer' . . .
Adams_BJ
bf4 was the last of the bfs I hope
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Battlefield Hardline?
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6643|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Is there a training programme for BF4?  I used to have this thing for BF2/PC, all the team load it and through teamspeak and the programme you can draw lines and pin points for your squad.  So that when the match comes you all know what you have to do.  Anyone remember the name for this and is there one out for BF4. Thanks in advance
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

never played.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

There was like a free six day trial so I played it and kind of liked it so I guess I'm back on board the Battlefield bandwagon now. Not going to get Hardline though.

Apparently there's some big Battlefield announcement tomorrow. Probably about Battlefield 5 or whatever they've got lined up next.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Adams_BJ
if its ww2 I'll end up getting it
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6686|Riva, MD
A new WW2 FPS is overdue
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

I agree but I doubt we'll be that fortunate.
[Blinking eyes thing]
B1GBUD
+17|6566|Under an Artillery Shell

1927 wrote:

Is there a training programme for BF4?  I used to have this thing for BF2/PC, all the team load it and through teamspeak and the programme you can draw lines and pin points for your squad.  So that when the match comes you all know what you have to do.  Anyone remember the name for this and is there one out for BF4. Thanks in advance
If IRC it was called BFCC or something similar.....

Oh and herro peeps, not been here for a while!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

New battlefield is set in WW1, called "Battlefield 1"

Take deep breaths newbie.
I want to see a mode, where you can re-enact the Battle of Verdun - in real time.
10 months of sitting in a flee and cholera infested trench, with continuous artillery barrages, alternated only with gas shelling.
Barbed wire is a death trap and machine gun fire moves down everything.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Yeah I'm not exactly sure World War One is conducive to a good video game.

Also it should be said people are a little more precious about World War One, (at least in NZ and Aus they are,) given it was a particularly senseless waste of life. Forget the ripped dude in the advertising art, a WW1 soldier was more likely to be some lad who has yet to grow his first pube.

Will be interesting to see how they do it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Ty wrote:

Yeah I'm not exactly sure World War One is conducive to a good video game.

Also it should be said people are a little more precious about World War One, (at least in NZ and Aus they are,) given it was a particularly senseless waste of life. Forget the ripped dude in the advertising art, a WW1 soldier was more likely to be some lad who has yet to grow his first pube.

Will be interesting to see how they do it.
Lots of trenches, lots of barbed wire, lots of artillery, immobile machine guns and bolt action rifles. Sounds like a game for shifty and pretty much no one else.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
I dunno, WWII is necessarily "played out" but there aren't a ton of WWI games so there's room to do a lot.
IMO it can't be a game that plays like modern FPS with their fast paced close quarters action and twenty billion points for defending a flag with leveling up every thirty trillion points.
It's going to have to bring a lot of 'new' to the table and I don't necessarily trust them to do so, but if they go back to trenches and single action weapons, they're going to have to be ingenuitive (<- that's a word right?)
Pocshy2.0
+23|3340

pirana6 wrote:

I dunno, WWII is necessarily "played out" but there aren't a ton of WWI games so there's room to do a lot.
IMO it can't be a game that plays like modern FPS with their fast paced close quarters action and twenty billion points for defending a flag with leveling up every thirty trillion points.
It's going to have to bring a lot of 'new' to the table and I don't necessarily trust them to do so, but if they go back to trenches and single action weapons, they're going to have to be ingenuitive (<- that's a word right?)
(innovative?)
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
you know what i mean.

i'm not one with the big words
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

pirana6 wrote:

It might be cool to do a night time assault where you have to duck illumination flares and there's no NVGs.

Blimp warfare?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Please god just re-release BF2 with better graphics and more maps and call the damn thing Battlefield 2005. I would buy all of that shit.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Please god just re-release BF2 with better graphics and more maps and call the damn thing Battlefield 2005. I would buy all of that shit.
^ but the title seems kinda random
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

Jay wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

It might be cool to do a night time assault where you have to duck illumination flares and there's no NVGs.

Blimp warfare?
Blimp bombers. You could implement some sweet bi-plane battles though.

edito: just watched the teaser. #calledit

not the blimps but the bi-planes

Last edited by pirana6 (2016-05-07 19:51:49)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

My biggest hope is for 1942-scale combat. Ships, planes, etc. The biplanes alone would be a fantastic "analog" experience.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
I want to like it (need a new fps to play), history tells me to not get my hopes up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard