War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
*Looks at Sanders and Hillary* fuck it, I give in. I'll accept Trump. Country is fucked anyway and at least he'll be entertaining to make up for sucking.

Last edited by War Man (2016-03-03 09:32:08)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
I understand the idea, but I'd way rather Hillary and have "nothing" happen for the next 4 years than enter nuclear war with trump.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

pirana6 wrote:

I understand the idea, but I'd way rather Hillary and have "nothing" happen for the next 4 years than enter nuclear war with trump.
Did we go into a nuclear war with Bush? Come on, don't give me that nuclear war bullshit.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I'd vote for Trump just to see Obamacare go away
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Trump is no George Bush. Just electing Trump sends the wrong message to the rest of the world. Bush was incompetent but he wasn't malevolent. I'm not being melodramatic when I say that Trump would make America less safe and influential by just being elected.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

The uncomfortable reality is that War Man represents a significant proportion of the voting public who are basing their support for Trump on nothing but the fact they find him amusing. Notice he shored up support for himself during the debate by talking about his penis.

Never mind the fact he has no policies, he's declared corporate bankruptcy four times, and would drive American's reputation into the sewer - the man knows how to jiggle those keys.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Jay wrote:

The White House on Thursday published a letter that Brent Brown, a Republican from Wisconsin, wrote to president Barack Obama in June.
Brown, who has voted Republican his entire life, wrote that he had been “very vocal” in his opposition to Obama—especially on healthcare.
That was before he got treatment for a serious autoimmune disease through the Affordable Care Act.

“I am so very sorry,” Brown writes. “Put simply to not take up too much of your time if you are in fact taking the time to read this: I would not be alive without access to care I received due to your law.”
http://qz.com/630806/thank-you-for-serv … -his-life/

Getting rid of the ACA would have real life consquances.

Jay, when you have your third obesity related heart attack, will you write a letter thanking the government for passing universal healthcare?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Trump on nothing but the fact they find him amusing.
Sooooooo Reagan?

would drive American's reputation into the sewer
Let's be honest, can people hate us much more than they do now with a black liberal president?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

War Man wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Did we go into a nuclear war with Bush? Come on, don't give me that nuclear war bullshit.
Well not nucular but war, yes
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

The White House on Thursday published a letter that Brent Brown, a Republican from Wisconsin, wrote to president Barack Obama in June.
Brown, who has voted Republican his entire life, wrote that he had been “very vocal” in his opposition to Obama—especially on healthcare.
That was before he got treatment for a serious autoimmune disease through the Affordable Care Act.

“I am so very sorry,” Brown writes. “Put simply to not take up too much of your time if you are in fact taking the time to read this: I would not be alive without access to care I received due to your law.”

Jay, when you have your third obesity related heart attack, will you write a letter thanking the government for passing universal healthcare?
You don't have universal health care you have compulsory subsidised private insurance.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

DrunkFace wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

You don't have universal health care you have compulsory subsidised private insurance.
No shit. I obviously believe universal healthcare will come to the U.S. in the 16-20 years it will take Jay's obesity to catch up with him.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
We have a presidential election here in Austria as well in 2016.
And there's also a weird old businessman running for president (again), who is well know here for being married to another 20 years old blonde bimbo every other year and doing crazy self-parody cameo appearances on TV.

This is his current TV spot:

He's 82 and his current wife is 26.

He doesn't have a chance of winning though, but it would be hilarious witnessing a state visit of a President Trump.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

I have insurance.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

No shit. I obviously believe universal healthcare will come to the U.S. in the 16-20 years it will take Jay's obesity to catch up with him.
Yeah? Are we going to nationalize all the hospitals and make all the doctors government employees?  Moron.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Once you're been reincarnated a few times maybe you'll remember not to eat so much.

Its how the free market works.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Yeah? Are we going to nationalize all the hospitals and make all the doctors government employees?  Moron.
Who said anything about nationalizing every hospital? Have a federal government insurance plan available to everyone and introduce price controls. You don't have to take over hospitals and people can buy supplemental insurance.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Who said anything about nationalizing every hospital? Have a federal government insurance plan available to everyone and introduce price controls. You don't have to take over hospitals and people can buy supplemental insurance.
Oh, so we create shortages just for fun and watch people die. I really wish you had taken an economics course. You come across as incredibly stupid when you advocate stuff like this.

We effectively have single payer health insurance right now. Every detail of the plans offered by the insurance companies is dictated to them by HHS. They simply get to collect a small bit of profit in exchange for being the bad guy in the system.

Seriously, go smoke a bong and feel the Bern or something and stop posting. Ktnxbai
-Frederick Bastiat
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

That sounds like a good idea.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DrunkFace wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Ok
-Frederick Bastiat
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

Jay wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Jay wrote:

Ok
Ok
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

Oh, so we create shortages just for fun and watch people die. I really wish you had taken an economics course. You come across as incredibly stupid when you advocate stuff like this.

We effectively have single payer health insurance right now. Every detail of the plans offered by the insurance companies is dictated to them by HHS. They simply get to collect a small bit of profit in exchange for being the bad guy in the system.

Seriously, go smoke a bong and feel the Bern or something and stop posting. Ktnxbai
We already have healthcare shortages and people. If people want to get ahead of the line for services they can buy private insurance plans like they do in other countries with NHSs.

I have taken economic courses. From what I have learned, the advanced economies of the rest of the world have National Healthcare Services. Many of them with the exact same system I just described. I am sure your college courses at Naval school were better than the economic courses of the top schools in France, U.K. Austria, Japan etc. I'm sure you got some inside knowledge they don't.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
You know I think Jay has a point. In a NHS the healthy have to subsidize the sick and unhealthy. Why should I have to pick up the tab for Jay and his family's unhealthy choices? Their diabetes isn't going to be my fault.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You know I think Jay has a point. In a NHS the healthy have to subsidize the sick and unhealthy. Why should I have to pick up the tab for Jay and his family's unhealthy choices? Their diabetes isn't going to be my fault.
You honestly believe your insurance premiums aren't increased to cover the unhealthy?

I suppose you could forfeit insurance totally... have fun with that.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

We already have healthcare shortages and people. If people want to get ahead of the line for services they can buy private insurance plans like they do in other countries with NHSs.

I have taken economic courses. From what I have learned, the advanced economies of the rest of the world have National Healthcare Services. Many of them with the exact same system I just described. I am sure your college courses at Naval school were better than the economic courses of the top schools in France, U.K. Austria, Japan etc. I'm sure you got some inside knowledge they don't.
When you institute price controls you create shortages. It's economics 101 stuff.

When England and the rest set up their systems they were extensions of military hospitals. Hospitals and health care for the public were new and small. It wasn't until the early 1900s that medical care became common. We've now had a century of private health care with millions of people who have a vested interest in the status quo. Do you think doctors will willingly reduce their pay from $250k a year down to the $80k ot so that doctors in the UK make? No, they'll fucking retire. Same with nurses.

Oh, and you'd need a constitutional amendment for the nationalizations. Good luck.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Nothing would need to be nationalised, derp.

They could follow the theory you throw around for other industries - set up an NHS, pay globally competitive (ie much less than the US) salaries, let anyone from anywhere in the world have free entry to the US if they have a medical degree - shortage problem solved.

The medical industry is another example of how special interest groups manipulate the 'free market'. When you can restrict the available medical training, and restrict qualified people from entering the country then it is easy to bump your salary to $250k plus. This in an industry where its been shown time and again an expert system produces much better outcomes than a GP or consultant on $250k-$1m plus.
Anecdotally all the medical professionals I've dealt with have been lazy ignorant and useless, you're better off looking stuff up in a book and arranging tests yourself.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard