+225|6282

stryyker wrote:

apollo_fi wrote:

ATG wrote:

Chemo is bad medicine.
If the cancer don't kill you, it will.
ATG, go diaf.

Chemo saves lives.
Not necessarily. It kills cancer cells, along with the cells that are helping your body fight the cancer.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Hopefully it's benign, not malignant.  You are very fortunate that it was noticed early.  Like others suggested, get another opinion and keep up with the positive outlook.

Who is LA in the WWLAD?
Lance Armstrong
Chemo agents generally kill all living tissue, but they kill the cancerous ones a bit faster, hence why people have such a reaction to the therapy. Chemo is absolutely horrible stuff, but it does work.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6718|Sydney, Australia
God that sucks. At least it has been found early, and small, so you'll beat the damn thing.

I'll leave you with a quite by Corra Harris:
"The bravest thing you can do when you are not brave is to profess courage and act accordingly."

Good luck buddy.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6627|Washington, DC

Damn man, sorry to hear it. I hope it's nothing at all, and if it's cancer, that it's the benign form.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6689
Shit bro. Think positive all the way. Don't let your mindset ever become negative. Believe that you can beat this (if it is actualy cancer) and you will. Chin up me boy!
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6219|Brisneyland
Hey man. Sorry to hear about the Xray. Did the doctor rule out Tuberculosis? It can look like cancer under an Xray, and obviously coughing is a symptom. Other symptonms are weight loss and night sweats. Of course if pathology has already confirmed cancer then ignore this post. If pathology hasnt confirmed cancer, get a second opinion. All the best mate.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6129|Scotland!
Good luck, I hope it works out for the best.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6671|Canberra, AUS
You could just be plain unlucky, part of the 1% of cancers which just spring up due to chance.

Bad luck. Hope it's dealt with quickly, and above all it doesn't spread.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6546|CH/BR - in UK

Keep your head up
Check with another doctor, and then, even if you do have cancer, it can be cured.

It's not the end of the world - don't let this get you down

I know it's bullshit for me to say this, as I don't have any illnesses like that... But that's my advice and I'm sticking to it.

-konfusion
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6747|the middle of nowhere
Hang in there, you'll be ok. Don't lose any hope, because there always is some.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

stryyker wrote:

Well.. I just received a very disheartening phone call from my doctor. I went in 2 weeks ago with a bad cough (still hasn't gone away), so they did routine work, and took an X-ray of my chest.

Low and behold, apparently there is a small mass of tissue, roughly half the size of a dime in the middle lobe of my right lung. Instead of sugar coating it like most doctors would, he said it looked like cancer, and will be treated as such. Lame.

WWLAD?

edit: I also have bronchitis. Hah.
You're getting another opinion from an oncologist...outstanding approach. Doctors are not the infallible gods they like us all to believe.

If it is the "big C", many people will give you platitudes like "God doesn't give you more than you can handle." That's crap. He does it all the time.

God helps you handle what you are given.

Your family and friends will want to be there for you. Let them. There is nothing more humbling than going through a trial like that and see how people will help you for no other reason than they want to. It's human nature...and experiencing it firsthand will change your perspective on your fellow man in many ways, both positive and negative.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
sn00ze
+31|6545|Mjölby, Sweden
Sorry to hear that man. I hope that U get better, and remember: Never surrender!

sn00ze out
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6712
I'll say a prayer for you... And it's amazing what they can do nowadays so i'm betting that things will be OK...
Love is the answer
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6716|California

/RELIEF

It wasn't Cancer. It was a small piece of fire debris that found its way into my lungs and lodged itself there. Second, third, and fourth X-Rays confirm. Hurt like no other bringing it up though. Little stubborn bastards.

But seriously everyone, thanks for the support. And wear a mask if chunks of flaming fail are raining on you.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina

stryyker wrote:

/RELIEF

It wasn't Cancer. It was a small piece of fire debris that found its way into my lungs and lodged itself there. Second, third, and fourth X-Rays confirm. Hurt like no other bringing it up though. Little stubborn bastards.

But seriously everyone, thanks for the support. And wear a mask if chunks of flaming fail are raining on you.
I'm glad you're ok, man... 
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6515|Montucky

stryyker wrote:

/RELIEF

I went through the same thing..
Doc: Its Cancer
Me: fuck
2nd Doc: Are you by chance involved in any activities that place your respritory system in "bad air"
Me: Why Yes. I'm a firefighter
2nd Doc: bet its debris from a fire
Me: eh?

Debris from a fire. Now I wear one of these during wildfires: 

https://www.chiefsupply.com/images/products/600/HS-2.jpg
The Hot Shield
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6718|Sydney, Australia
YAY!!!

Glad you are Ok, mate.
_1_MAN-ARMY.19
+25|6267
woow thats good : ]
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6407|'Murka

stryyker wrote:

/RELIEF

First: Great news!

Second: I hope you gained some different perspective through this experience.

Even as short-lived as it was, a situation such as yours offers an incredible opportunity for self-assessment.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6402|NSW, Australia

good to see your ok
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
So the video game streamer TotalBiscuit was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He has 2-3 years to live. He is only 31 years old.

Having made it to 25, it is scary to think I can just develop cancer at any moment. You can too. Does anyone have any experience getting treated for cancer?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
the answer is no for most people here with the questions you ask
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3448
can't wait for him to be turned into some sort of hero-martyr figure for the gaming community
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Having made it to 25, it is scary to think I can just develop cancer at any moment. You can too. Does anyone have any experience getting treated for cancer?
There are things you can do to reduce your chances of having to deal with it at all. Why not pay attention to those now rather than worry about what may or may not be down the road later.
Surfdaddy
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+2|3231
Always go to a MD oncologist with a PHD from a good school. Epidemiology suggest to make sure you are in a healthy bmi range and getting at least 150 min of mod to vig physical activity a week. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, as being micronutrient deficient can aid cellular oxidation. Have a vast social circle and avoid excess amounts of carcinogens. Adel has great science based blog posts- http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2014/05 … l.html?m=1

Dont increase mental/ physical stress by worrying about something thats probably not going to happen. And NEVER see a ND/ chiro/ homeopath/ take part in any alternative medicine for medical treatment.

We are getting very close to understanding cancer incredibly well.

Last edited by Surfdaddy (2015-10-29 14:42:56)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6190|Schofield Barracks

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So the video game streamer TotalBiscuit was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He has 2-3 years to live. He is only 31 years old.

It's extremely scary to think it can develop at any moment, I was taken out of a training event early about a month ago and sent to the hospital because I found a lump on my bean bag when I was getting into my sleep system. Lucky for me it was just a clogged gland or someshit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard