Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England
Primetime crept from 7 to 830 in the last few years. It sucks for the east coast
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6472|Foothills of S. Carolina

Oprah was at the Cubs game tonight

https://i.imgflip.com/sg9xj.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.

Jay wrote:

It sucks for the east coast
ah yes the infamous 'west coast bias'. lesser known of course. in fact, so much lesser known it doesn't even exist.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

pirana6 wrote:

Jay wrote:

ah yes the infamous 'west coast bias'. lesser known of course. in fact, so much lesser known it doesn't even exist.
I'm jealous of your sports schedule. Football starts at 10 am while you're eating your cheerios and ends by 8 pm, leaving you free to watch a movie before bed. Monday night games are waiting when you get home from work. Same for baseball.11 pm+ end times suck. I guess you wouldn't know.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
Hey, if I want to watch a game live I have to do it during work hours
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.

Jay wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Jay wrote:

I guess you wouldn't know.
Yes, "time" sure is baffling.
When they spend the next couple decades spending 90% of the time talking about westeast coast teams then give one or two minutes of a 30 minute show to a few west coast teams, lemme know.

edito: i fucked up the east/west thing.

Last edited by pirana6 (2015-10-14 09:40:04)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.
The one team nobody wanted in the postseason outside of eastern missouri is gone. yay.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

nice.  Just wish the pirates were in the NL East so they'd still be in it.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
i dont
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

pirana6 wrote:

Jay wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

When they spend the next couple decades spending 90% of the time talking about west coast teams then give one or two minutes of a 30 minute show to a few west coast teams, lemme know.
You base your east coast bias logic on sportscenter? Besides, what percentage of teams are west of the Rockies?
-Frederick Bastiat
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3957|SL,UT

fuck the Rockies
Steve-0
+214|3957|SL,UT

they can suck my dick
Steve-0
+214|3957|SL,UT

all of them
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6711|Purplicious Wisconsin

Canin wrote:

Oprah was at the Cubs game tonight

https://i.imgflip.com/sg9xj.jpg
Isn't she a white sox fan like Obama?

Ah well, FUCK YEAH!!! Great games Cubs and well done. Come on, please win the world series.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
i hope they lose
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

Jay wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Jay wrote:

When they spend the next couple decades spending 90% of the time talking about west coast teams then give one or two minutes of a 30 minute show to a few west coast teams, lemme know.
You base your east coast bias logic on sportscenter? Besides, what percentage of teams are west of the Rockies?
ALL media does it.  The east coast bias is so strong, to deny it is kind of absurd.  And that goes for all sports.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

ALL media does it.  The east coast bias is so strong, to deny it is kind of absurd.  And that goes for all sports.
Well, your games end after midnight, what do you expect?
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

So you're agreeing that there is east coast bias? I wasn't just talking about baseball.  It goes from college through every sport.   I think defending an east coast bias on account of the time difference is just plain silly.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.
It's a business. All sports news companies care about making money, not about sports.

wikipedia wrote:

Fox Sports sportscaster Joe Buck attributes the shift to the economics of running a business. "If you think there is a perceived East Coast bias, guess what? You're right. That's where people are watching, that's where the numbers are."
So when the games start late for east coast geriatrics, it's because the broadcasting companies make more money that way, not because they care that the sport is portrayed fairly.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I fail to see how showing only half a game to the east coast viewers is beneficial to advertisers. Only the most hardcore of fans are going to watch the 2nd half of Sunday Monday and Thursday night games. Same goes for late baseball. Last night's mets game ended at 11, which isn't terrible, but game 1 went until 1 am.
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.
11pm east coast makes more money than 3pm west coast

especially if you include weekends
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.
sorta wanted texas to win that series just cause I like fielder and beltre. they seem like cool guys.

but toronto is cool too.

anyway, sounds like something happened in the 7th inning, both bottom and top. I wasn't watching so i'll have to catch the replay
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6287|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

pirana6 wrote:

sorta wanted texas to win that series just cause I like fielder and beltre. they seem like cool guys.

but toronto is cool too.

anyway, sounds like something happened in the 7th inning, both bottom and top. I wasn't watching so i'll have to catch the replay
here ya go: http://deadspin.com/bizarre-play-derail … 1736595004

it was followed up by bautista wrecking a home run and flipping his bat like he was in the korean leagues
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6288|Washington St.
The rule states the ball was live and he would have scored anyway, but I understand being mad at calling the play dead only to have it have been live. If Donaldson had been close to picking it up and decided against it because it was called dead THEN they called odor safe, THAT would have been chaos. But in the end the jays won so who cares.
Also i wanted to see the pitcher chirping at the batter then the benches clear. Also the 3 errors. I'll see them somewhere (likely everywhere) later tonight.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Kinda like how no one tagged Utley because he was already called out. They really need to work the kinks out of replay.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard