victimofdeath
+2|6744
ok finally played with new patch and let me start by say

I would like to thank the following people
EA for releasing such a brilliant game
and finally I would like to thank EA for completely screwing it up beyond belief.

I am stunned how badly they have made a mess of such a brilliant game, it beggers belief

Thank EA for your excellent work and your relentless pursuit for perfection from the bottom of my heart I thank you and I believe I would speak for the majority of the players when I say YOU BLOODY WANKERS!!!!!!!!
Janysc
+59|6687|Norway
My favourite servers have disappeared from the list, and I can't add new ones. I have to return to the whole wait-for-one-thousand-servers-to-update-for-every-game business.

But that's it so far.

Last edited by Janysc (2006-05-28 02:50:47)

Deerhntr
+0|6548|Baltimore,Maryland
I agree with you victimofdeath.Ea has definately destroyed a awesome game.The biggest problem i have seen with the new patch is the Squad hopping.The patch totally destroyed the Squads by not allowing you to spawn on the leader after your killed.
Raven2308
+0|6548
The whole batch sucks due to the fact they messed it up big time. I mean, on the server i go on when its Dragon Vally, The Helicopter on the Chinese side Wobbles >.> ALOT Thoug the USMC Helicopter doesn't. I'v also notice When you hit Join Game. It closes bf2. And now when you hit escape. It does the same again. Plus the other bug is that half of the time it doesn't connect to the login server properly so you can't rank up you have to log out and then log back in again. Personal THoughts. It sucks ass..... TWICE
xaven
+25|6737|Berlin

Deerhntr wrote:

I agree with you victimofdeath.Ea has definately destroyed a awesome game.The biggest problem i have seen with the new patch is the Squad hopping.The patch totally destroyed the Squads by not allowing you to spawn on the leader after your killed.
since announcement of the patch Ive preached that. nobody wanted to believe. but in addition I was shocked that so many bugs appear and so less bugs were fixed. I had to change my firewall to play online. I have to disable it to play online without lags. I crash to desktop when changing maps and so on.

the complete list would let you scroll this page down till tomorrow.
{A.K.A}LordBeefman
+32|6605|Sydney, Australia

M1-Lightning wrote:

================================================================================
Battlefield 2™: V1.3
ReadMe File
April 25, 2006
================================================================================

Patch v1.3

NEW FEATURES

- Air dropped vehicles:
Squad members can now send a request up the chain of command for a vehicle to
be dropped at their location.

- Co-op:
Co-op Mode allows you to play Single Player levels on the Internet and LAN with
both AI controlled bots and human players. Several new options have been created
that will allow the server creator to modify how the bots behave in game.

Number of Bots: This setting allows you to determine the total number of bots that
will spawn in game.

Bot Ratio: This setting allows you to determine the percentage of total bots that
will spawn for each team. For example, setting this value to 25 means that 25% of
the total bots will spawn in Team 1, and 75% in Team 2. Team 1 is always the MEC,
Chinese, or their allies, while Team 2 is always the USA, EU, and their allies.

Bot Difficulty: This setting determines the skill level of the bots. 10 is easiest,
100 is the most difficult.

- Default Kit Selection:
The kit that you used last is remembered at the beginning of the round and between
maps.
BUG FIXES & GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- Fixed issues with remote console and linux server

- Prevented ban list from being cleared in the event of a server crash.

- Fixed the bug where helicopters abandoned in the air would continue flying.

- Fixed issue with player not properly ranking up on servers where they continuously
play.

- If the player joins a squad while dead, the player will not be able to use the
squad leader as a spawn point until they have respawned once.

- Flag Capture bar now reacts accurately to players entering the capture radius.

- Fixed bug where friendly vehicles showed as valid targets

- Friendly Vehicle lock: Lock-on weapons do not lock on to friendly vehicles.
The box with an X through it will still appear, but a lock tone will not sound
and then if fired, the missile will not track the friendly target.

- Fixed bug that altered mini map functionality

- Adjusted missile count on BF2SF helicopters.

- Fixed bug with Special Forces rank names.

- Fixed repairing HUD for the engineer when in a vehicle

- Adjusted award criteria

- Fixed a client crash after entering 300 characters into the IP address using
"connect to IP"

- Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline account

- Fixed crash when switching from BF2 to BF2:SF (or vice versa)

- Fixed a crash caused when a player is joining a map and another player logs into the same account

- Fixed a Dragon Valley exploit

- Fixed a bug on Zatar Wetlands where AA missiles would not lock onto oil towers

- Fixed a bug that caused the Eurofighter explosion to appear as a Mig-29 wreckage

-
Armor Bar removed from occupied machinegun emplacements

- Fixed a bug on Kubra Dam and Zatar Wetlands that caused enemy AA sites to not display in bombing HUD

- Special Forces - Firing crossbow from open vehicle position causes others to see player weapon firing

- Fixed Repair Hud for the engineer when in a vehicle and repairing a team mate vehicles

- Fixed a bug on Strike at Karkand where players were able to get inside a building by Train Accident when FF is turned off

- Fixed the commander toys on Wake Island 2007 so that the US can no longer disable the Chinese artillery

- Fixed a bug in Zatar Wetlands 32 where commander assets were not being properly dropped to the location specified by the User.
don't forget to add stuff ups all over the place
w0ls0n
+16|6550|Maine
This is starting to suck big buckets of suck.
AnOctaveBelow
+1|6557
I like the fact that I can now use the server filters together again - like searching for 50+ players with less than 120ms ping on one particular level.  On 1.22 it used to display no servers and one of the filter options used to always give a CTD so at least something positive came from 1.3 for me.
dkkampkill
+1|6682
I for one want to disagree with the nay sayers. I find that everything works great and I have yet to have a real problem with any of the patches. I did have the occasional shut down in the first patch that went away after the 2nd time. I'm pleased that my p90 sounds and shoots like it used to.
Karasahin
+1|6548|Turkey
[img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/5844/screen14846jg.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Karasahin (2006-05-28 15:03:39)

Madhadda1
+270|6548|Cedar Rapids, Iowa
oh i really love my 1.3 its new features are crashing to the fucking desktop runined game play and it actually even ruins the whole game

Thanks ea!!!!
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6698|Howell, Mi USA
I finally got the game to stop crashing. Had to patch down to 1.2 and then install patch 1.3 full, and now it's all good.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
killswitch_uk
+4|6547
After reading 50+ posts about how tits up things have gone i thought i would add my own thoughts to dice's latest screw up. 
Fair play its not a unknown fact that there have always been problems when it comes to BF2 updates, the past hotfixes have been no exception.  But i think as a community most people are left to feel "what the hell is going on?" people spent around 35 quid of their hard earned cash when this game first came out and to be honest probably feel let down after all the shitty patches which have come out recently.
i mean wtf @ vehicle drop....with all the time on their hands dice manage to give our noble commanders the ability to drop a fucking jeep on people and other weird places, if this is the way of things to come im very worried indeed.
oberst_enzian
+234|6746|melb.au
Good point... so far i have only seen vehicle drop used as "the sniper squishing mini-game" or to destroy fixed aa sites. Come to think of it, the only half-way thoughful use I've seen is of a vehicle being dropped on the middle bridge on Surge in an attempt to block it.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6742|Omaha, Nebraska
So far I love it... No more squad hopping.

The only thing I could do without is the vehicle drops on the Vanilla maps. =/
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6778|Noizyland

I went to my good ol' iCafe today. Entered Battlefield 2 I didn't know whether they had patched it. i foun a server - Wake - and joined. the map loaded up and it immediatly crashed to desktop.

Yay! They've patched it.

In any other circumstance iI would have been pissed off, but I was genuinly happy that it had crashed to the desktop.

I didn't find it too bad you know. They're going to have to fix the crash thing and the connection problem thing, but the gameplay is still good. I wasn't crushed by any falling veichles but tried my hand at doing it. Just missed an enemy sniper and managed to drop a DPV on top of a J10 that was taking off. A minor inconveniance for the plane which eventally broke through the ittle car and took off, but it was still pretty cool.

Got my Expert knife too! Yay! And I don't have any real skill either!

At least I didn't K&P only it though right?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6676|Australia

Tyferra wrote:

I didn't find it too bad you know. They're going to have to fix the crash thing and the connection problem thing, but the gameplay is still good.
I reckon they are in over there heads here, and a fix is not goin to come and/or anytime soon.

I just have this feeling.
Sambuccashake
+126|6614|Sweden
Probably posted before but:

Community Update - 5/25/06

Attention Soldiers and Server Admins!

After a thorough investigation into the issues plaguing the server browser after the 1.3 Update, we believe that a last minute update in the way the Battlefield servers and Gamespy servers communicate may be the cause.

We have decided to revert this change in an attempt eliminate these browser issues. Please note that no uninstalling or re-installing is required by players or server admins. All servers currently running must be restarted once this change has taken place.

Please also note that if you are experiencing CTD issues upon start up that any alternate-ranking redirections in your windows "Hosts" file must be removed.

The reversion will occur at 2:00 PST. We are continuing to review other issues players have noted with 1.3. Further updates will be posted to this space as they become available."

Thank you,
/The team at Dice and EA
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6552|San Diego, CA, USA
So I'm sniper and I pick up an enemy's Support kit.  Throw a few grenades and then this happens:

Click here to watch BF2-Kit-Switch-Bug

I can't switch to anything in my kit, I can't even enter vehicles...

I had to die, but the round ended and I didn't know if respawning would had fixed it.
Blackcats
+17|6582|Germany
I don't like the patch 1.3 at all, my system ran smooth and perfect before patch 1.3 and now i have CTDs sometimes. But i currently don't have much time to play BF2 anyway, so i am looking foreward to the next patch *g*. 

What makes me feel really annoyed with patch 1.3 is the fact, that with this release a lot of people, who have spent a lot of time, efforts and skills to develop useful stuff for BF2, are simply slapped in the face - e.g. Alternative Battlefield Ranking (ABR).
See also: http://bf2-bday.org/index2.html
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6606

FFLink13 wrote:

bf2 doesnt even load up...
mine doesnt either, it loads up then after i hit join game, the whole bf2 shuts itself down

i had to reinstall bf2 and spec forces again with the patch
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6636|USA
twice my bf2 shutdown, worked ever since thats all. it only shutdown because of my custom XP skins, mouse skins, window blinds, and other customizations running ( my loading screens rulezors!)
schakl
+21|6693
No problems so far, but some servers seem to crash. Also lots of my friends laugh because I got two medals for patching a game. We started to call BF2 'Medalfield'.

Last edited by schakl (2006-05-30 00:45:45)

F.Rabshaw
+37|6686
My friend and I cant even lan anymore beacue it is too frustrating. I can't tell you the ammount of times I have said "Dude, spawn on me, I'm at the north ba.... wait, nevermind. I hate this game." They took away a major tactic... I'd say anyone who doesn't enjoy squad leader changing just never had a real friend playing with them to understand how great it was.
w0ls0n
+16|6550|Maine
I think the major problem is that (and this is just my opinion) there are still some bf2 1.22 servers out there. Last night I connected to 2 servers that advertised having the 1.3 patch and everything worked without a glitch. I saw the IP and the port, the server stats were actually showing something and when I got into the game, it ran smoothly and I never got booted to the desktop. Maybe we're just having a problem with backwords compatability here?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard