SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I believe the cop's side of the story. What about you?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
dont really care about that as much as their abuse of power in the aftermath
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
for the love of all that is holy, why do we not put cameras on all the cops in the nation? if they were right then we can just watch the film and call them innocent. if they were guilty then we can convict them and justice will be served.

dont give me any bullshit about "too-many-cameras-watching-everbody-1984". They are government workers and are on the job. Of course they should not be required to wear them (as shouldn't anybody) when off the clock.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
I believe the cop, I suspect he carried on shooting a bit longer than he should have though.
Doesn't mean the Police should be armed like they're about to invade a South American country and install a new dictator, US Police are practically a wing of the military now.

Did the car not have internal and external cameras?

I like how the blacks response to being over-policed is to make a statement by committing more crime, its ok to protest, its not OK to go looting.
That and turn a place into a shithole to then complain there are no opportunities.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

Dilbert_X wrote:

I like how the blacks response to being over-policed is to make a statement by committing more crime
Congratulations on being a complete moron and looking at the rioters as a mass, and not as individuals, each with own agendas, values, and morals.

You should watch:

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Bleh, a man was shot while on the run from having committed a crime, the locals protest by committing more crimes.

I don't care, I'm just glad I don't have to live there.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

Dilbert_X wrote:

Bleh, a man was shot while on the run from having committed a crime,
false, he was a suspect, a fact of which the shooting officer was unaware of at the time.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
He attacked a cop when he was told to use the sidewalk.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
OK, a suspect attacked a cop and was shot, a stupid move as it turns out.
CC-Marley
+407|6799
Cop didn't know he was a suspect. Kid knew he was a suspect and most likely thought the cop did too. Probably why he went after the cop.
CC-Marley
+407|6799
Oh and the cop has a broken eye socket I guess.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
That stuff just happens by itself though.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
I think there's two things going on here,

the cop shooting a dude who he didn't know robbed a store who may or may not have attacked him

and

the rioting (both peaceful and looting) and subsequent recoil by the police with all their army equipment.
wheelsup@7
Yeah still here
+49|6609|Pennsylvania

Lately there has been a lot of incidents where the cops have been clearly in the wrong, namely the gorilla cop on the side of the highway wailing on the old homeless lady. So when this story started I was like....great another out of control cop, this time an unarmed kid got killed. So I could sympathize with the protesters wanting justice. But then more facts started to surface (the cops were right to release the video...a lot of people wanted to lynch Wilson...that video shined a lot of light on what was really going on). Weather or not Wilson knew about the strong arm robbery is COMPLETELY illrelevent, Brown and his buddy were walking in the middle of the street blocking traffic, when Wilson told them to move to the sidewalk and they ignored him and kept walking.......Yeah that's going to get you a disorderly conduct ticket at the least. When Wilson went to get out of his car, brown slammed the door on him and pushed him into the car and started punching him in the face . At that point Michael brown was no longer an unarmed teenager.. he was a violent criminal. As more information surfaces about this case the less of a leg the protesters have to stand on.

As far as the militarized police goes. When you are dealing with a hundreds of people in the streets smashing, burning, looting, throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails at them, its pretty easy to see why the cops were in riot gear with heavy equipment....they are dealing with a riot. The demonstrators that were protesting peacefully during the day were exercising they're right to protest.......the criminal thug opportunists that were rioting at night should have been dealt with more harshly than they were. And the shit is still going on 10 days later.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
which video
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire

wheelsup@7 wrote:

Weather or not Wilson knew about the strong arm robbery is COMPLETELY illrelevent
dunno about that
wheelsup@7
Yeah still here
+49|6609|Pennsylvania

RTHKI wrote:

which video
Really??........ you don't know about the strong arm robbery video. Yes it was illrelevent at that moment.... the cop told them to get out of the street...they didn't.... he was getting out of his car to make them get out of the street when brown attacked him. Weather or not he knew about the robbery had no influence over his decision to do something about them being in the street and disobeying him, which is the reason the shooting occurred. In fact....had Wilson known about the robbery that would have made him decided to confront brown.....which he was doing anyway.

Last edited by wheelsup@7 (2014-08-21 17:05:48)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

pirana6 wrote:

for the love of all that is holy, why do we not put cameras on all the cops in the nation? if they were right then we can just watch the film and call them innocent. if they were guilty then we can convict them and justice will be served.

dont give me any bullshit about "too-many-cameras-watching-everbody-1984". They are government workers and are on the job. Of course they should not be required to wear them (as shouldn't anybody) when off the clock.
Government has no problem installing cameras for red light offenders, airports, ports, trains, mass transit, watching people with aerial surveillance, etc.  But put a camera on a cop and all of the sudden he won't be able to do his job correctly.

Cops rarely get reprimanded for abuse of power.  I remember hearing the verdict against the cop in the Oakland BART shooting was the first time a judge/jury has ruled AGAINST police in the state of California.  I refuse to believe cops are that infallible.  CODE BLUE, Testilying, all that stuff exists too.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Apparently it wasn't a strong armed robbery. The people who owned the store didn't call the police. Another customer did. From what I heard on CNN, there was a dispute about how many cigars he was given and it led to the confrontation. After he left though, it was over.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Apparently it wasn't a strong armed robbery. The people who owned the store didn't call the police. Another customer did. From what I heard on CNN, there was a dispute about how many cigars he was given and it led to the confrontation. After he left though, it was over.
Oh well lets just release him from his jail cell then.

Oh. right. We've moved backward since the 60s
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
so how about those cops shooting the knife wielding guy in stl
arent these situations the reasons they have tasers
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
That's what I figured, too. I figure they skipped a step on the force continuum there.
wheelsup@7
Yeah still here
+49|6609|Pennsylvania

RTHKI wrote:

so how about those cops shooting the knife wielding guy in stl
arent these situations the reasons they have tasers
Yeah that was definitely a case for rubber bullets and tasers. I also agree with ken on the fact that cops are the first ones to use surveillance video against citizens, but if they were force to wear cameras, that wouldn't be able to do they're job correctly. Bull shit.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Also, what was the deal with the milk in Ferguson? Were they just confusing tear gas with pepper spray and thinking being pepper sprayed is somehow similar to eating spicy things?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Doesn't it relieve the pain of pepper spray to pour milk on your face?

And if they were using tear gas then trying to help by pouring milk, then yes that would do nothing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard