Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
So yeah, that Dolphins tackle is a total pussy and might as well retire now.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

Steve-0 wrote:

we picked up seven home games, row 20.

not the best seats, but the best teams;
chicago
la
golden state
miami
san antonio
portland
brooklyn

now that i know how to score a media pass, i'm bringing the big glass to the games.
lol, visit my blog to see pix! all i had to do was provide a URL and i get a credential!
Spoiler (highlight to read):
still shooting from row 20, cheap fuckers
Jazz aren't looking too hot to start the season off
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

they're a young team. they haven't looked all that hot since malone and stockton retired. . .
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/colu … f00a3.html

dont eat white  castle before the game
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
im still surprised all you needed was a website to get creds
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

how about that Donald Sterling fellow?  What a benevolent plantation owner.  He is the one who gives the players cars, houses, clothing.  What a nice massah.

It's an interesting contrast in sports - on one side of the pond, you have fans throwing bananas at black soccer players.  On the other side, you have an owner of a franchise equating himself to a plantation owner.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

My son is batting .360 on his rec league team. That counts as sports chats, right?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
How good is the pitching
Steve-0
+214|3930|SL,UT

Canin

Adams_BJ wrote:

How good is the pitching
Its 4th and 5th grade, so while there is some better than average pitching, most is erratic at best. Its the first year for player pitching, so unless the pitchers are on a travel league, they are less than spectacular.

Still, being his first season playing, I figure 5 for 14 to be pretty good. Especially since the first 4 or 5 at bats he was too nervous to swing.
Canin

Steve-0 wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-bans-donald-sterling-for-life--fines-him--2-5-million-for-racial-comments-181803437.html
Not saying what Sterling did was correct, but it is not any more divisive than Larry Johnson saying they should start an all black basketball league.
Steve-0
+214|3930|SL,UT

Canin wrote:

Steve-0 wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-bans-donald-sterling-for-life--fines-him--2-5-million-for-racial-comments-181803437.html
Not saying what Sterling did was correct, but it is not any more divisive than Larry Johnson saying they should start an all black basketball league.
Mark Cuban (owner, Dallas Mavericks) weighed in, and basically said;

the league is running Sterling out, at the expense of his First Amendment rights.

i think Sterling should now exercise his Second Amendment rights.
Canin

Steve-0 wrote:

Canin wrote:

Steve-0 wrote:

Mark Cuban (owner, Dallas Mavericks) weighed in, and basically said;

the league is running Sterling out, at the expense of his First Amendment rights.

i think Sterling should now exercise his Second Amendment rights.
He could just stand his ground and refuse to sell the team. He may be banned from the NBA, but they can't force him to sell or take it from him, I wouldn't think.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Sterling is a complete moron, but I think we've moved into dangerous times when people lose their jobs, their livelihoods etc when their beliefs deviate from what the PC crowd finds acceptable. First it was the photographer in New Mexico, then it was the Chick-fil-A sit-ins, then it was the CEO of Mozilla losing his job over past campaign contributions, and now Sterling is being forced to sell his company. I fully understand that the NBA is a brand and keeping him associated with it is not in the best interest of the league, but I feel that the current activist environment is very unsettling.

I support gay marriage, and I don't consider myself to be a racist, but I don't feel like the people who disagree with me should be silenced.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
nba can force him to sell, its in their constitution or whatever

as far as the photographer goes, other photographers were saying it was no different than not serving blacks. . slippery slope, etc, etc

Last edited by RTHKI (2014-04-29 19:06:32)

Steve-0
+214|3930|SL,UT

Jay wrote:

I don't feel like the people who disagree with me should be silenced.
waiting for Macbeth to create a new account and post . . .
Canin

Steve-0 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Another one? what happened to super jail whatever it was? Or was that not him?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Jay wrote:

Sterling is a complete moron, but I think we've moved into dangerous times when people lose their jobs, their livelihoods etc when their beliefs deviate from what the PC crowd finds acceptable. First it was the photographer in New Mexico, then it was the Chick-fil-A sit-ins, then it was the CEO of Mozilla losing his job over past campaign contributions, and now Sterling is being forced to sell his company. I fully understand that the NBA is a brand and keeping him associated with it is not in the best interest of the league, but I feel that the current activist environment is very unsettling.

I support gay marriage, and I don't consider myself to be a racist, but I don't feel like the people who disagree with me should be silenced.
I think this is society working exactly as intended.  He doesn't get jailed. He doesn't get any punishment from the government.  He gets economic and societal pressure because his views are ass backwards.  Activist environment?  WTF are you talking about?  That's just some bullshit catchphrase.  The commissioner was acting in the best business interests of the league in banning him.  Are you trying to say Adam Silver is or was influenced by activists?  He was influenced by the fact something like 9 sponsors had already bailed from the Clippers.

Do I think it sucks that he had a personal, private conversation recorded and leaked to the media?  Yep, sucks for him.  But he's a fucking racist and a shitbag to boot (he has a GF and his wife of 50 years sits courtside...), so I'll never lose any sleep over what happens.  And I'll be very surprised if the owners vote to get him out.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Canin wrote:

Steve-0 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Another one? what happened to super jail whatever it was? Or was that not him?
still here

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2014-04-29 21:47:12)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

I think this is society working exactly as intended.  He doesn't get jailed. He doesn't get any punishment from the government.  He gets economic and societal pressure because his views are ass backwards.  Activist environment?  WTF are you talking about?  That's just some bullshit catchphrase.  The commissioner was acting in the best business interests of the league in banning him.  Are you trying to say Adam Silver is or was influenced by activists?  He was influenced by the fact something like 9 sponsors had already bailed from the Clippers.

Do I think it sucks that he had a personal, private conversation recorded and leaked to the media?  Yep, sucks for him.  But he's a fucking racist and a shitbag to boot (he has a GF and his wife of 50 years sits courtside...), so I'll never lose any sleep over what happens.  And I'll be very surprised if the owners vote to get him out.
The ban makes sense. Trying to force him to sell doesn't.  At the end of the day, Silver is his employee.
-Frederick Bastiat
Canin

Canin wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

How good is the pitching
Its 4th and 5th grade, so while there is some better than average pitching, most is erratic at best. Its the first year for player pitching, so unless the pitchers are on a travel league, they are less than spectacular.

Still, being his first season playing, I figure 5 for 14 to be pretty good. Especially since the first 4 or 5 at bats he was too nervous to swing.
My son ended his baseball career last night, with a lifetime batting average of 360. RIP  - 7/28/2003 - 5/1/2014 - You were loved and you will be missed.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
wait, what
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

RTHKI wrote:

wait, what
Canin

My son passed away last night after collapsing during baseball practice. Because it was on city property, there has to be an autopsy. We have not gotten the results yet, but whatever they are, it wont bring him back. If you pray, please keep him and us in your prayers.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

oh wow, so incredibly sorry for your loss.  that fucking sucks man

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard