Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,618|4011|Catherine Black
It's not that aite. I uninstalled it. Games take WAY too long, even on 'quick' mode. Turn system gets boring, if you enable the timer you always forget to move one troop, you'll hit every tech and building on one playthrough from ancient age to future age, which I did, and have no replay value left. The interaction with different people is stale, and it seems the only way of swaying their opinion of you is to shower them in gold.

Nukes are shit.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,746|4994|USA

I gave the game a chance and just couldn't get into it. Felt too much like Civ 4.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,760|4375|what

Finray wrote:

It's not that aite. I uninstalled it. Games take WAY too long, even on 'quick' mode. Turn system gets boring, if you enable the timer you always forget to move one troop, you'll hit every tech and building on one playthrough from ancient age to future age, which I did, and have no replay value left. The interaction with different people is stale, and it seems the only way of swaying their opinion of you is to shower them in gold.

Nukes are shit.
Games are supposed to take ages to play out. It's a turn system like every other Civ game. You're meant to hit every tech and building in that one play through.

I don't even know why you're in this thread.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

"coz you a far cry from acclaim nigga ubisoft"
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,618|4011|Catherine Black
Saying it's meant to be like every other Civ game doesn't mean that every other Civ game is good.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|3259|Massachusetts, USA

Finray wrote:

Saying it's meant to be like every other Civ game doesn't mean that every other Civ game is good.
Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean it's a bad game.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
jord
Member
+2,382|4900|The North, beyond the wall.
The civ games are good for their genre. If you don't like the genre, or turn based games then you ain't gonna like it.

And civ2 was one of the best games back in the day.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|4939

UnkleRukus wrote:

Finray wrote:

Saying it's meant to be like every other Civ game doesn't mean that every other Civ game is good.
Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean it's a bad game.
finray just hating coz he stoopid
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|4691

Cybargs wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Finray wrote:

Saying it's meant to be like every other Civ game doesn't mean that every other Civ game is good.
Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean it's a bad game.
finray just hating coz he stoopid
finray fancies himself a pro fps player.

To him, skill is all wrists, not brains. While Civ is all brains, no wrists. As such, he thinks it's ghey.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|4939

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:


Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean it's a bad game.
finray just hating coz he stoopid
finray fancies himself a pro fps player.

To him, skill is all wrists, not brains. While Civ is all brains, no wrists. As such, he thinks it's ghey.
we should run a train on his ex agree?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|3259|Massachusetts, USA

Cybargs wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Cybargs wrote:


finray just hating coz he stoopid
finray fancies himself a pro fps player.

To him, skill is all wrists, not brains. While Civ is all brains, no wrists. As such, he thinks it's ghey.
we should run a train on his ex agree?
Shes all wrists and no brains, uknowatimean?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
GR34
Member
+215|4767|ALBERTA> CANADA
IF it had "total war" style battles it would be amazing
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,618|4011|Catherine Black

UnkleRukus wrote:

Finray wrote:

Saying it's meant to be like every other Civ game doesn't mean that every other Civ game is good.
Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean it's a bad game.
It's an opinion, brah, I think it sucks. I'm sure there's games you don't like that others do. Does that make them bad still?

Sure, it's probably a good game, if you like it, but if you don't like it it sucks.

E: Also there's no real 'thinking' involved, against bots, at least, it takes forever and an age (pun intended) to amass any sort of army, so you can research every technology, not like you have to choose what's going to work for you. And once you've researched all those technologies, it's just build lots of the best units you can, rush to the enemies base, put melee infront of ranged, game over.

Last edited by Finray (2010-10-04 03:02:12)

https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|4939

Finray wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

Finray wrote:

Saying it's meant to be like every other Civ game doesn't mean that every other Civ game is good.
Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean it's a bad game.
It's an opinion, brah, I think it sucks. I'm sure there's games you don't like that others do. Does that make them bad still?

Sure, it's probably a good game, if you like it, but if you don't like it it sucks.

E: Also there's no real 'thinking' involved, against bots, at least, it takes forever and an age (pun intended) to amass any sort of army, so you can research every technology, not like you have to choose what's going to work for you. And once you've researched all those technologies, it's just build lots of the best units you can, rush to the enemies base, put melee infront of ranged, game over.
No, you obviously spent 0.0003 minutes learning to play and 4 hours beating your keyboard because the game wouldn't do what you wanted it too.

I don't know why everyone says it takes a long time to beat and forever to build things.  You don't have to build anything.  All you have to do is have a good economy, thats it.  Once you have a good economy and have a lot of gold per turn you let your cities build wonders and buy units/buildings/tiles etc etc.

One trick I've done is to have no army but a LOT of gold.  If you attack you're neighbor you allow him to garrison units, move promoted units onto corresponding tiles, and turtle behind city attacks.  If, however, you simply have no units your neighbor will become hostile (many dialog screens will open with him/her telling you how weak you are, how much you suck, so on and so forth) and eventually attack you.  Now you have the advantage, allow his units to advance into your territory and if you have played properly up to this point (aka, building defensive wonders and choosing the proper policies)you just suddenly buy a bunch of units and you will slaughter him/her.  Once all of his/her units are dead at the doorsteps of your cities you can simply move out and conquer his cities one by one dealing only with the one attack per turn of whatever city you are in front of.


Work smarter, not harder.  People who suck at/dislike/don't get Civ are simply to stupid to play Civ.  There is no learning curve.

Last edited by Cybargs (2010-10-04 12:32:22)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,618|4011|Catherine Black

Cybargs wrote:

There is no learning curve.
Exactly my point. Way to undermine your whole post.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|3259|Massachusetts, USA

Finray wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

There is no learning curve.
Exactly my point. Way to undermine your whole post.
If your point was that the game takes no skill, then why do you suck at it and bitch about how bad it is?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,618|4011|Catherine Black
Where did you get the impression I sucked at it? I steamrolled the first couple of games I played (4 and 5 difficulty) then got bored of it.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|3259|Massachusetts, USA

Finray wrote:

Where did you get the impression I sucked at it? I steamrolled the first couple of games I played (4 and 5 difficulty) then got bored of it.
You got any proof? For all we know you did it on the easiest difficulty.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|4939

Finray wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

There is no learning curve.
Exactly my point. Way to undermine your whole post.
I didn't undermine anything.  This is NO learning curve.  A FPS has a learning curve because you have to learn to aim, shoot, use tactics etc properly.  The Civ series takes no actual motor skill, rather thinking skill, you're not suddenly going to think better because you played the game a lot.  Everything in Civ tells you in WRITING what it does and acts accordingly.  If a unit says it has 5 strength and goes up against a 3 strength unit, you know your odds are that you are going to win.  Of course then you take into account the bonuses, weaknesses and other factors but the fact is, they are ALL right there in front of you.  The only "skill" the game requires is the ability to read.  The part that sets players apart is intelligence and a strategic mindset and if you don't have that coming in, you aren't going to develop it anytime soon.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
eleven bravo
Member
+1,398|3481|foggy bottom
youve lost the plot fin
Tu Stultus Es
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,615|4959|Oxferd

Cybargs wrote:

No, you obviously spent 0.0003 minutes learning to play and 4 hours beating your keyboard because the game wouldn't do what you wanted it too.


  There is no learning curve.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/6644/Xj4f2.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|4693
finray is one of those guys that plays games a lot but doesnt really have a fucking clue about any of them
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|4720

Uzique wrote:

finray is one of those guys that plays games a lot but doesnt really have a fucking clue about any of them
but he does have an internet connection, so he can share not having a clue about anything world-wide
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|4939

Uzique wrote:

finray is one of those guys that plays games a lot but doesnt really have a fucking clue about any of them
hes a scot what do you expect
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|4661|King Of The Islands

wow. such emperor. very army.

https://i.imgur.com/VTJHV7T.jpg
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Adams_BJ
Warman is a hermaphrodite.
+2,027|4845|Little Bentcock
Fuck Poland

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard