BVC
+325|6665

thepilot91 wrote:

obviously you dont get what I mean at all BVC
I get what you mean, I just don't agree with it.

thepilot91 wrote:

but to say 1 thing, attack choppers (unless teamed up with someone over TS/similar), Littlebirds, and stealthjets have absolutely no chance of ever taking down an AA, and for the cover part : as jesus said () theres little or no cover at some maps (more than 1...) and even if there is ....guess what thats where the other jet(s) helis(s) and engineers with handheld AAs are, so as long as the mobile AA stays out of ground combat (not very hard, but very commonly occuring) it's totally OP , especially with the active missiles .

also: equip smoke and you're safe from laserguided...

Dice loves cod and hates getting raped by skilled pilots , atleast since bf2
Very few pilots were skilled in BF2, they didn't have to be.  Gun range twice that of the fixed/known AA positions, a constant flow of flares, almost no mobile AA (not that it was very effective), no man-portable AA at all.  Pretty much nothing apart from homing missiles would do effective damage (which was almost irrelevent due to flares), and of course there were those who chose the cheats route of solo chopper scripts/macros.  Also, LOL @ tank shells not even doing 5% damage to a chopper!  You can't really claim BF2 pilots were skilled when the game was stacked so much in their favour so much that it wasn't funny (or fun if you're on the ground).  You actually had to be a really shit pilot to get shot down a bit, and even an average pilot could lock down a map.

Every map in BF4 has cover, you just need to know the map, know how to use that cover, and realise that this is BF4 & not BF2 - you're not invincible.  Heres a tip: Take the attack chopper up over the dam on lancang.  When you hear a lock/tracking tone, go below the dam line - the missiles will hit the dam, and the only thing you'll have to worry about is jets.  Also if you don't want to deal with active radar missiles, turn your aircraft once in a while.  When aiming AR's, I and many others will aim them into the expected path of an aircraft, its basically leading a shot - if you move, the missile won't hit you.
BVC
+325|6665
Completely unrelated;

I currently have a Phenom II x4 945 and a 1GB 6850 - which upgrade would give me better performance in BF4:
- a R9 280X
- a R9 270X + 8320 CPU?
Both will cost about the same.

My motherboard will support that CPU (GA 990FXA-UD3).  I have 8GB of RAM, and an SSD (250GB 840 EVO)

Last edited by BVC (2013-12-16 18:41:26)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6118|'straya

BVC wrote:

Every map in BF4 has cover, you just need to know the map, know how to use that cover, and realise that this is BF4 & not BF2 - you're not invincible.  Heres a tip: Take the attack chopper up over the dam on lancang.  When you hear a lock/tracking tone, go below the dam line - the missiles will hit the dam, and the only thing you'll have to worry about is jets.  Also if you don't want to deal with active radar missiles, turn your aircraft once in a while.  When aiming AR's, I and many others will aim them into the expected path of an aircraft, its basically leading a shot - if you move, the missile won't hit you.
It's incredibly easy to lead the helicopter even if they're moving wildly, and the missiles have a large radius of lock on so you only need to get somewhat close. That combined with the fact you don't know active missiles are coming until they're basically hitting you means that unless you want to fly randomly without actually having a moment to shoot at anything simply moving is not going to save you.

And if the AA fires a couple of metres above the dam wall on lancang the missiles will basically do a top down attack. Take another map like Zavod for example, I was all the way back in my uncap hiding down in the valley part so I could repair, next minute 2 active missiles fly right over the top come down and smack me in the only cover on that side of the map while the AA was on their back flag. 3D Spotting + Active missiles sure makes things easy on any map without good cover.

As for your hardware question, a x4 945 will definitely bottleneck a 280X so it's not really worth going down that road unless you upgrade the CPU not long after. Out of those two options the 270X + 8320 will probably be best (especially if you overclock the CPU) in the short term at least.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6535|England

thepilot91 wrote:

Dice loves cod and hates getting raped by skilled pilots , atleast since bf2
Pretty much.

Jets and helicopters were lethal, and could kill anything with relative ease. With little to oppose them, and fog which limited vision, they were lethal.
Mobile AA in BF2 was lethal if you knew how to use it. Most people didn't and only wanted to rape infantry with it, or Mobile AA didnt appear on maps that desperately needed it (Dalian / Wake / Oman), which is why jets and helicopters dominated the game. Stinger sites were totally useless.

BF4 is the exact opposite, where jets and helicopters deal as much damage (proportionally) as a pistol, have stupidly long reload times and AA is utterly lethal. You could, in theory, be facing a team of players who ALL have AA capability, mobile or otherwise, and you cant do a damn thing about it since the range of AA is greater than your own weapons, coupled with flat maps providing little ability to evade. Just compare Daqing Oilfields or FuShe Pass to the maps nowadays.

BF2 was far too biased in favour of jets and helis, whereas BF4 (and 3 to an extent) is far too biased to Mr foot soldier, and the fun has been completely taken out of air assets. With the stupid levels of AA capabilities in BF4, the jets and helis are almost deathtraps and should be compensated by having weapons which are as powerful as BF2 so that the risk/reward ratio is better. Currently, they are little more than cannon fodder with the least powerful weapons in the game.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
I love you snake, and all the other skilled players from bf2

as snake said you were able to do good in bf2 AA if you know how to play it.

yes I do know air vehicles were powerful in bf2 but if you were skilled you wouldnt get taken down , as jesus said ( ) in bf3/4 doesnt matter if youre skilled or not (casual gamers ftw = money for EA) you dont have much killing potential in air vehicles  (against anything else than other airvehicles ...if even that)

and if I understood you corectly BVC you thing soloing in a chopper is cheating/glitching?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

What I loved most about BF2 was that it was a strategy game wrapped in an FPS skin. I didn't mind that the shooting was so shitty because it was about thinking about where the enemy would be next and try to get the drop on them. Not the case anymore. Level design is so boring, there's no strategy or tactics, just use whatever weapon has the best stats. zzzzzz
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
but i liked 100% accurate pkms
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

mtb0minime wrote:

try to get the drop on them.
i loved doing that, playing commander . . .
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
You could tell the series was heading in the codified direction since bad company. People thought bf3 would be different because it was meant to be the sequel to bf2. Air power with a skilled pilot(s) is supposed to be heavy hitting, that's battlefield, there's numerous tanks/apcs/infantry/etc but usually only 1 heli per team and 1/2 jets per team. These vehicles used effectively could and should turn the tide of a round. I haven't played bf4 and I'm not sure I will, because it seems like it's just heading in the same direction with no regards to players of the older games. That's where the money is and all this was said when bf3 was out anyway, it's just a shame that this is probably the nail in the coffin.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
you said it jord, I could have seen handheld stingers in bf2 tho , but the stationary aas worked just fine in a full squad with teamwork , even tho you wouldnt get many kills in them you'd definitely keep the air vehicles from getting kills aswell.

also BVC: you could take down jets with the 50.cal on jeeps and tanks quite easily (not against aware pilots ofc) and the m95 (sniper ) only took 8 shots to the windscreen on a attack heli to shoot it down (7 to get it burning)

so really teamwork< that one skilled pilot
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

stingers in DC worked just fine
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality

jord wrote:

You could tell the series was heading in the codified direction since bad company. People thought bf3 would be different because it was meant to be the sequel to bf2. Air power with a skilled pilot(s) is supposed to be heavy hitting, that's battlefield, there's numerous tanks/apcs/infantry/etc but usually only 1 heli per team and 1/2 jets per team. These vehicles used effectively could and should turn the tide of a round. I haven't played bf4 and I'm not sure I will, because it seems like it's just heading in the same direction with no regards to players of the older games. That's where the money is and all this was said when bf3 was out anyway, it's just a shame that this is probably the nail in the coffin.
There has not been a sequel to bf2.
Everything has been a sequel to bc2, they just got the naming wrong.

Last edited by Stubbee (2013-12-21 12:55:04)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6281

Describes BF4 perfectly

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I can't wait to pre-order BF5 so I can get beta access to BF6
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

mtb0minime wrote:

I can't wait to pre-order BF5 so I can get beta access to BF6
feels good
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
So my brother bought me BF4 as a xmas pressie, it arrived this morning.

Just played my first round, did pretty well.
BVC
+325|6665

thepilot91 wrote:

and if I understood you corectly BVC you thing soloing in a chopper is cheating/glitching?
If done with macros/scripts (eg. AHK), then yes absolutely.  Commander scripts too, for that matter, though they weren't as bad as the chopper ones.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
how can you tell from 3rd person someone is using a macro tho ?

but yes obviously macros and scripts are for noobs
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Brother bought me BF4 for christmas, decided to actually install it today. Anyway played a few rounds and have come to the conclusion BF4 is the worst fps I have ever played. It is just shit.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
I don't find it too bad. It was actually fun. Last patch caused a lot of lag and lock ups though
wheelsup@7
Yeah still here
+49|6609|Pennsylvania

Steve-0 wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

Glad I didn't buy it.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
I find it amusing as a csual shooter hurrdurr once a week or so , just because I've never really played cod , but as a battlefield game it just ...no feel ashamed puttimg them two words in the same sentence really.

cod with drivable killstreakrewardspunishments.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
My graphics card died recently, and I bought a R9 270 which was bundled with BF4.

I really like surfing the waves with jet skis and boats on Paracel Storm.
I think Wake Island could make a good comeback with these physics.

The addition of the many interactive elements is picking up where BF2 SF left off.
And the (small scale) destruction finally seems to be right. (It was too much in BC2 and not enough in most of BF3.)

With these Battlepacks it seems that EA is trying to sneak in another foothold for moneymaking micro transactions.

And finally, my only big gripe with the Battlefield series since the switch to the Frostbite engines, is once again the stupid Engrish/Russki voice overs.
That stupid half-assed language kills immersion.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
The waves annoy me when I'm in the patrol boat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard