Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England
whyulierik?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6557|England

Des.Kmal wrote:

it is the most fun ive had since bf2. straight up fun! so far the maps have been balanced and well thought out. plenty of opportunity to get your opponents off guard. the only real bugs ive seen is the sound on golmud railway and lancang dam. had some server side lag on some servers. wasnt so much that it was a problem, didnt affect game play other than cosmetics to be completely honest.

i played bf3 for the first time about a month ago and now ive got bf4 to compare it to and let me tell you, bf4 destroys bf3 in pretty much every aspect. bf4 is just 10x more fun just for the maps. we have some classics in the making men.
I didn't have many problems with BF3, but I have to say, I'm enjoying BF4 a lot more. Feels a lot smoother and the naval aspect of the game actually works well - it doesn't feel like a last minute bolt-on, like I thought it would.

However, I'm not a fan of the vehicle and weapon customisation. It just seems so much more long winded compared to BF3. Also, I HATE how some of the vehicles take a lot of rockets to destroy...3 LAW's to kill a FAV and an inflatable boat ffs? I've even hit an FAV with a TOW missile, and only got vehicle hit points Even 2 LGM's from the jets don't destroy tanks or mobile AA.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6705|Purplicious Wisconsin

Snake wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

it is the most fun ive had since bf2. straight up fun! so far the maps have been balanced and well thought out. plenty of opportunity to get your opponents off guard. the only real bugs ive seen is the sound on golmud railway and lancang dam. had some server side lag on some servers. wasnt so much that it was a problem, didnt affect game play other than cosmetics to be completely honest.

i played bf3 for the first time about a month ago and now ive got bf4 to compare it to and let me tell you, bf4 destroys bf3 in pretty much every aspect. bf4 is just 10x more fun just for the maps. we have some classics in the making men.
I didn't have many problems with BF3, but I have to say, I'm enjoying BF4 a lot more. Feels a lot smoother and the naval aspect of the game actually works well - it doesn't feel like a last minute bolt-on, like I thought it would.

However, I'm not a fan of the vehicle and weapon customisation. It just seems so much more long winded compared to BF3. Also, I HATE how some of the vehicles take a lot of rockets to destroy...3 LAW's to kill a FAV and an inflatable boat ffs? I've even hit an FAV with a TOW missile, and only got vehicle hit points Even 2 LGM's from the jets don't destroy tanks or mobile AA.
By FAV, are you referring to the MRAP's or the buggies?

Last edited by War Man (2013-11-03 04:51:19)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Snake wrote:

crap i already had customised keys now i have to figure it all out again And try to accomodate more options on my keyboard(only reason im holding back - heh
twiistaaa
+87|6660|mexico

Snake wrote:

Even 2 LGM's from the jets don't destroy tanks or mobile AA.
I don't mind that for tanks. I know it isn't so realistic, but when the other side has a dominant pilot shredding everything up the battle can get kind of lopsided and frustrating. Nothing worse than driving a tank and getting 50 meters out of your base only to be destroyed by a jet. AA I'm not so worried about because at least it can attack the jet back.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6140|'straya
AA in it's current state is pretty OP, it tears all air vehicles to shreds across the map and with 4 missiles and longer flare reload time of air vehicles, it can make some maps in particular incredibly shit for air vehicles.

The stealth jets are useless currently, and the flight models for jets feel really off. That said, the 30mm cannon on the attack jets still destroys worlds.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2013-11-03 21:22:22)

GeoEnvi
+22|6678|Philadelphia, PA
AA is WAAAAY OP when you factor in the long flare/ECM reload and lack of 'Below Radar.'  I can fly my attack chopped right on the deck and try to find a place to hide, but that AA missile always finds its way before the flares reload.  Worse yet, getting hit with an AA missile tend to flip me almost every time.

I wouldn't complain so much if the AC weapons actually did some damage when I did make it out on the battlefield, but they don't.  Two barrages of Hydra or Zuni rockets to disable a tank.  Good luck being able to finish him off without being scared away by AA or chewed up by a mounted 50 cal or HMG.  The guided rockets are a bust, so i've taken to swapping out heatseekers for the twin TOW missiles.  They don't always work, but they sure sound badass when launching!
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6503|Gold Coast
lacklustre singleplayer
choppy multiplayer
bizzare default sensitivities
crazy vehicle handling
cluttered HUD
near-useless default weapons bar the ak-12
cramped and uninspiring maps

hopefully they iron some of the shit out in the coming patches... at this point in time my experiences have overall been pretty negative in my ~1 hour of playing.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black
You didn't see all that coming?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
hope battlefront is good
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6557|England

War Man wrote:

By FAV, are you referring to the MRAP's or the buggies?
Buggies...I still use BF2's acronyms without even thinking

twiistaaa wrote:

Snake wrote:

Even 2 LGM's from the jets don't destroy tanks or mobile AA.
I don't mind that for tanks. I know it isn't so realistic, but when the other side has a dominant pilot shredding everything up the battle can get kind of lopsided and frustrating. Nothing worse than driving a tank and getting 50 meters out of your base only to be destroyed by a jet.
When you are in the jet, 1 pass and 2 missiles which then take what, a minute to reload is just no fun. Ground based AT is just as effective, so whats the point of jets given their longer reload and re-spawning time? Yes, you can gun-run to finish it off, but perhaps I'm just a BF2 bomber-jet-whore at heart and long for those days back again
Granted, when you are in the tank, it is quite relieving. But with the power of mobile AA, and every foot soldier given a choice of portable AA, jets just seem unnecessarily weak to me.
thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!
beacon behind enemy lines at locker (hc) sneaking up from behind headshooting with mah suppressed m1911, feel so ninja awsomeness otherwise the game is pretty broken and all the maps are flat as in bf3
BVC
+325|6687
I like the AA as it is, its actually doing what its supposed to be doing, plus its funny to see people nut off at you on lancang or zavod for killing them over and over.  I get the impression that a lot of pilots complaining just don't know how use the air assets properly.  The purpose of AA is to make sure you can't just fly round low & slow racking up lazy kills like you could in BF2.  If you know how to fly & use cover, air is very effective.

I do think there are too many homing missiles though, both for air and armour.
thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!
AA and boats are the most OP vehicles in the game , the only way to get an AA down is with the attackjets (30mm cannon), stealthjets have nothing against it , so BVC before you go on trying to convince me show me an example of 2 decent players 1 in AA other in chopper/stealthjet...

the mere fact that the tvmissiles dont even kill a chopper in one hit (plus the fact they're even more broken than current bf3) but an RPFUCKING-G can in just pathetic, $$$ money missile > russian grenade launcher  GG DICE :::REALISM:::(also the small rc plane is stronger than a fucking TVmissile appearently)

sorry for bad english
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6631|Your moms bedroom
This game is shit, dont buy it
BVC
+325|6687

thepilot91 wrote:

the only way to get an AA down is with the attackjets
Tanks.  APCs.  Jihad jeep (C4+jeep).  SRAW.  Commander missiles.  Theres five good ones.

thepilot91 wrote:

so BVC before you go on trying to convince me show me an example of 2 decent players 1 in AA other in chopper/stealthjet...
AA stands for "Anti Air".  Its suppoosed to destroy air assets.  Complaining about AA doing that is like throwing paper all the time in a game of rock-paper-scissors, and then complaining that scissors are overpowered.

thepilot91 wrote:

the mere fact that the tvmissiles dont even kill a chopper in one hit (plus the fact they're even more broken than current bf3) but an RPFUCKING-G can in just pathetic, $$$ money missile > russian grenade launcher  GG DICE :::REALISM:::(also the small rc plane is stronger than a fucking TVmissile appearently)

sorry for bad english
For realism, lets stop passengers from repairing the little bird mid-flight with a blow torch.

Also, this new unlock might help pilots when dealing with AA:
https://www.gpforums.co.nz/attachment.php?attachmentid=191218&stc=1&d=1385437099
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6140|'straya

BVC wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

the only way to get an AA down is with the attackjets
Tanks.  APCs.  Jihad jeep (C4+jeep).  SRAW.  Commander missiles.  Theres five good ones.
It is a little silly when it can sit in its uncap and fire accurately across the map, and have active radar missiles which can be fired all the way across the map into the enemy spawn and not give any lock on warning until they're a second out. Can't say I love that.
BVC
+325|6687
So learn to use cover, and keep moving.  Every other class of vehicle has to avoid the stuff that can kill it, why should air get special treatment?  Its just as difficult to get kills in air now as it is in any other vehicle - its a balanced, level playing field.  You can't just fly low & slow over enemy AA & expect 40 kill streaks anymore.

Besides, its not like Helis (or tanks, or engies..) don't have have sort of capability.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6140|'straya
I can use cover and keep moving, but thanks for the tips anyway m8.

Active missiles can be fired straight over/around cover and still hit the target, some maps have very little cover for helicopters and you can be hit by two active missiles at the beginning of a round before you've even fully taken off. Not to mention that you are then disabled and are a sitting duck for the next 2 active missiles that can be fired instantly after.

I think active missiles are a bad addition to the game. That's it.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2013-12-16 02:09:21)

thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!
obviously you dont get what I mean at all BVC, but to say 1 thing, attack choppers (unless teamed up with someone over TS/similar), Littlebirds, and stealthjets have absolutely no chance of ever taking down an AA, and for the cover part : as jesus said () theres little or no cover at some maps (more than 1...) and even if there is ....guess what thats where the other jet(s) helis(s) and engineers with handheld AAs are, so as long as the mobile AA stays out of ground combat (not very hard, but very commonly occuring) it's totally OP , especially with the active missiles .

also: equip smoke and you're safe from laserguided...

Dice loves cod and hates getting raped by skilled pilots , atleast since bf2
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
What a frustrating piece of shit this game is.  The spawnpoints are worse than CoD and the you pretty much can't join a conquest game where the teams aren't stacked.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

the last ounce of bf series essence was eeked out last game
CC-Marley
+407|6820
Glad I didn't buy it.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3951|SL,UT

CC-Marley wrote:

Glad I didn't buy it.
Cisse
+63|4360
I cry at night thinking there will never be another good BF game
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard