War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Yeah from BF1942 through BF2142 you would drop your current magazine for a fresh one. I liked that system much more and it made reloading something to think about. The FPS games of today magically distribute all your ammo through the magazines so as soon as you kill an enemy you can just reload, I miss the aspect of having to decide whether reloading was necessary or not. I usually reloaded a 30 round mag once it dropped below 10 rounds.
Except for guns that manually reload a bullet or have such a low magazine capacity. Whenever I reload an entire shotgun, each shell exhausts 6 shells(fucking dumb bug). I also hate seeing 93 bullets, or 124 bullets, should just say 90 and 120. I always get thrown off when I reload the m25 seeing it with 4 rounds instead of 5.

By the way, how in the world does the m25 lock on work? I've yet to see it work. Also, why the hell is it in the support class instead of engineer or assault class, it'd fit in better with those classes. The support class should have a deployable HMG on a tripod that the class itself or its teammates can use instead, it'd work much better and suit the class better. While at it, have a gadget that works just like the ammo packs the support class starts with, but replenishes grenades and gadget ammo, have it already unlocked as well.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

War Man wrote:

The support class should have a deployable HMG on a tripod that the class itself or its teammates can use instead, it'd work much better and suit the class better.
This actually is a nice idea.
Some caliber .50 HMG gun that requires a few seconds to deploy, needs even longer to reload than an LMG and prevents you from sprinting.

The (obvious) bonus:
https://i.imgur.com/Ss2Ha6E.jpg

War Man wrote:

While at it, have a gadget that works just like the ammo packs the support class starts with, but replenishes grenades and gadget ammo, have it already unlocked as well.
I'm pretty sure that the regular ammo crate thingie (as well as the medic crate) ARE unlocks.
You just start out with a small, reduced version, which is a better solution that having nothing at all like in BF3.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5443|Ventura, California
That scene in rambo was so badass.

I'm all for that. I liked Project Reality a lot because it had some neat features like that if I recall correctly. You could request a heavy support kit or something like that which could be deployed. I might be misremembering though.

I think it would be pretty neat if you got squad unlocks or upgrades as in Battlefield 2142. Imagine after capturing an objective or two, whatever the criteria may be, your squad unlocked an HMG or tripod grenade launcher (Mk19) that could be used by your squad.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2013-10-10 17:24:25)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

globefish23 wrote:

War Man wrote:

The support class should have a deployable HMG on a tripod that the class itself or its teammates can use instead, it'd work much better and suit the class better.
This actually is a nice idea.
Some caliber .50 HMG gun that requires a few seconds to deploy, needs even longer to reload than an LMG and prevents you from sprinting.

The (obvious) bonus:

War Man wrote:

While at it, have a gadget that works just like the ammo packs the support class starts with, but replenishes grenades and gadget ammo, have it already unlocked as well.
I'm pretty sure that the regular ammo crate thingie (as well as the medic crate) ARE unlocks.
You just start out with a small, reduced version, which is a better solution that having nothing at all like in BF3.
Yes, still keep the regular ammo crate, but for starters give you a choice between being able to give either grenades/gadget ammo or primary weapon ammo or both but sacrifice the HMG until you can unlock the ammo crate.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
M40 with magnum rounds on hardcore mode. Operation Hastings was the best for this. Run up and down the middle bridges and tag bitches on every flag.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Something I'd really like to see in every modern FPS game are classic weapons. It would be really nice to have a wooden stock AK47 with no accessories whatsoever in each FPS game. There's just something nice about the classics. Keep all the tacticool, but give me the option to run an AK47 or a basic old-fashioned 1911. Any other classic weapons you folks would like to see?
I've noticed hardly any game ever includes the AKM, despite being far, far more common irl than the 47. MOH had them, but they didn't look like AKMs. BFV had the AKMS, but I can't remember if it was just a folding Type-56. Come to think of it, any of the few games that did have an AKM never made it look like one, or they added aspects of it to a normal 47, or took the COD route and had everyone using modified 47s 60-70 years after they shelved them.

I wouldn't mind seeing an AK-102 (liked that since MGS4), or a 103 like in Warfighter. I don't mind seeing older or weirder guns in games, so long as they are not the defaulted guns for classes and feel completely out of place (think MW2s campaign enemies and their bizarre assortment).

The new theme btw.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2013-10-18 10:51:23)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I refer to the AKM as the AK47 or nobody knows what I'm talking about. Everybody says "AK47." Anyway, I'd like to see one in every game; the classic AKM, along with newer ones if they want to add the latest variants.

I just like classics. No need to include them, but it would be a cool plus.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

But the Ak47 is the terrorists weapon.

You should only like the m16
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

i <3 the m16.

.223 rounds, enough to punch a hole but not kill, making teh enemy use manpower to drag wounded offa the battlefield? what's not to love?
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

AussieReaper wrote:

Not if the ejection port is on the wrong side.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

globefish23 wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Not if the ejection port is on the wrong side.
I was going to use that line.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

No comments yet on release day...nice
Des.Kmal
+917|6588|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
it is the most fun ive had since bf2. straight up fun! so far the maps have been balanced and well thought out. plenty of opportunity to get your opponents off guard. the only real bugs ive seen is the sound on golmud railway and lancang dam. had some server side lag on some servers. wasnt so much that it was a problem, didnt affect game play other than cosmetics to be completely honest.

i played bf3 for the first time about a month ago and now ive got bf4 to compare it to and let me tell you, bf4 destroys bf3 in pretty much every aspect. bf4 is just 10x more fun just for the maps. we have some classics in the making men.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Hows commanding? Like bf2 at all? (I didnt' play 2142)
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Add me (ebug9) if you feel like a game. I'm playing terribly so far. Keyboard on my lap and mouse on the couch cushion next to me. No network connectivity to my office upstairs yet.  /fwp
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6444|Foothills of S. Carolina

Is the in game cursing still prevelant like it was in BF3?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

I haven't noticed it as much
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6715|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Going by some of the comments above are some people playing this already? If that's the case, who, what, when, where and bloody how???
CC-Marley
+407|6798
Is it any good?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

The_Guardsman wrote:

Going by some of the comments above are some people playing this already? If that's the case, who, what, when, where and bloody how???
It's in beta. Just download it from origin.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
i thought it released
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Oh yeah it has now. Shows how much interest I've taken in it after BF3...

Edit: it's released tomorrow.

Last edited by coke (2013-10-30 14:30:48)

Cisse
+63|4339
Must.... resist....
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Thought about playing some BF3 played one round and that was enough, little point now I only used to play to play with clan mates/friends they will all be playing 4 now so.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
released yesterday here. only reason i knew is cause a friend posted a pic of the pc edition on fb and twitter
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard