https://sphotos-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/1013543_532580033475188_65666712_n.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England
Put a bird on it
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

With usura hath no man a house of good stone
each block cut smooth and well fitting
that design might cover their face,
with usura
hath no man a painted paradise on his church wall
harpes et luz
or where virgin receiveth message
and halo projects from incision,
with usura
seeth no man Gonzaga his heirs and his concubines
no picture is made to endure nor to live with
but it is made to sell and sell quickly
with usura, sin against nature,
is thy bread ever more of stale rags
is thy bread dry as paper,
with no mountain wheat, no strong flour
with usura the line grows thick
with usura is no clear demarcation
and no man can find site for his dwelling.
Stonecutter is kept from his tone
weaver is kept from his loom
WITH USURA
wool comes not to market
sheep bringeth no gain with usura
Usura is a murrain, usura
blunteth the needle in the maid’s hand
and stoppeth the spinner’s cunning. Pietro Lombardo
came not by usura
Duccio came not by usura
nor Pier della Francesca; Zuan Bellin’ not by usura
nor was ‘La Calunnia’ painted.
Came not by usura Angelico; came not Ambrogio Praedis,
Came no church of cut stone signed: Adamo me fecit.
Not by usura St. Trophime
Not by usura Saint Hilaire,
Usura rusteth the chisel
It rusteth the craft and the craftsman
It gnaweth the thread in the loom
None learneth to weave gold in her pattern;
Azure hath a canker by usura; cramoisi is unbroidered
Emerald findeth no Memling
Usura slayeth the child in the womb
It stayeth the young man’s courting
It hath brought palsey to bed, lyeth
between the young bride and her bridegroom
                               CONTRA NATURAM
They have brought whores for Eleusis
Corpses are set to banquet
at behest of usura.
Who writes this crap
and who reads this crap?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3957|SL,UT

did not read
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Pynchon has a new novel coming out. I like his stuff. This is set in NYC after the dotcom bust and before 9/11.
Short preview: http://reviews.libraryjournal.com/2013/ … ding-edge/
Sounds interesting. Will buy when I have the time to drop 500 pages.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Tried the Great Gatsby, the prose was just too annoying.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6740|Reality
been reading David Weber's scifi Safehold series. But alas like Jordan and Martin is a work in progress and now I have to frikken wait for the next book.

Last edited by Stubbee (2013-09-12 06:34:52)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England
WoT is done. Jordan is dead.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Stubbee
+223|6740|Reality
yes i know but at the time i started reading them, he wasn't and WoT wasn't. I had to wait for every book after Path of Daggers. And waiting for the last 3, knowing it was not Jordan doing the writing...
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I also miss Robert Asprin and Gordon R. Dickson.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
I just started WoT
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

If you haven't already, read Enders Game.

Because seriously the movie isn't going to be anywhere near as good.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Des.Kmal
+917|6615|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
damn right bros

all of Carlos Castenada's books http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/80 … _Castaneda
What to say when you talk to yourself by Shad Helmstetter, http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3219 … o_Yourself
Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson (changed my life ) http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2859 … eus_Rising
and The Gift by Shad Helmstetter
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Stubbee
+223|6740|Reality

AussieReaper wrote:

I really can't bring myself to read anything by someone as bigoted as this author.
Stubbee
+223|6740|Reality

Adams_BJ wrote:

I just started WoT
Enjoy the ride.
At least all the books have been written.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

Stubbee wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

I really can't bring myself to read anything by someone as bigoted as this author.
Fair enough, he certainly is an asshole. But you are missing out.

Say what you will about Hitler, but at least he killed Hitler.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire

Stubbee wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

how open minded of you
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Stubbee
+223|6740|Reality
I am not going to buy or even read books of someone who will then use his royalties to do what he has done, is doing and will most likely continue to do. Fuck him.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4192|Oklahoma

Stubbee wrote:

I am not going to buy or even read books of someone who will then use his royalties to do what he has done, is doing and will most likely continue to do. Fuck him.
Wow.  You are officially on my dumb fuck list.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I wonder if people boycotting the books/film because of Orson Scott Card's bigotry will also boycott his publisher, Lionsgate, any film made by the director, any of the participating actors. Probably not, because it's too inconvenient and indignity only goes so far. I'm certainly not going to boycott Tor Books over it.

Inside Movies 'Ender's Game': Lionsgate responds to Orson Scott Card controversy, will host LGBT benefit premiere

But if someone doesn't want to read the books or see the film because of the author's political views and activity, I don't really see a problem.
Stubbee
+223|6740|Reality
I would not boycott a publisher etc for not having the same opinion as I do regarding Card. I would boycott them if they themselves held the same views as Card. 

@ EM
not that i give a rat's ass, but care to explain?
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4192|Oklahoma

Stubbee wrote:

not that i give a rat's ass, but care to explain?
Yeah, boycotting a product because you don't agree with someones opinion is pretty fucking stupid.  I could understand if this guy was beating gays or was somehow harming them or maybe even calling them faggots or some other obscene word, but to boycott a guy for his opinion, that's just fucking stupid.

Also, I know you are going to say some non-sense about how he is a Mormon and that Mormons shot down the gay marriage thing in Cali, but come on dude.....really?  You're going to boycott a man because of his religious views?  That's about as smart as all the gay people deciding to boycott Chic-fil-a because the owner said he disagreed with homosexuality, regardless of the fact that the restaurant does in NO WAY discriminate against gay employees whatsoever.  Kind of like how you are boycotting a great book that in no way brings in the real life politics of the author regarding his religious beliefs into the story.

Maybe you should boycott Volkswagen, Mercedes, Porsche and Hugo Boss for making products for Hitler next.  Those products were actually used to kill people.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Boycotting Ender's Game in book or film format because you strongly disagree with Card's publicly stated views and the money he's been funneling into them is harmful makes sense.

There is nothing there that requires his opponents to support his literature. It's just fiction.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6671|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I recently read a book (thats 3 or 4 in my lifetime now).  It was called 'More shit my father says' and it was funny.  My daughter is now reading it
Brasso
+1,549|6627

Doctor Sleep (The Shining #2) by Stephen King is out today. very excited to get my hands on a copy hopefully
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard