Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

Jay wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

How hard is it for you ignorant assholes to understand that this isn't about welfare and money? I swear I must be typing in another language since you are the second to bring up welfare and foodstamps. Reread my post a few times. It is about replacing their tribal governments and providing better functioning ALREADY EXISTING American institutions in its place. This isn't about handouts and foodstamps. It is about something that transcends dollars and cents. If you can't understand that than please leave and take Cyborg with you so I can discuss this with other people who at least understand the premise of my thread.
If it really was an issue to them, and they wanted it, they could leave the tribal grounds or adopt "American style" local government. It's not, so they don't. Stop meddling with peoples' lives who don't want your help. They know what they need better than whatever yuppie author you read does.
white man's burden
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6484|Connecticut

Macbeth wrote:

How hard is it for you ignorant assholes......
Ok now you are being passive aggressive and that is totally not cool. Your words are hurtfull man.

Macbeth wrote:

It is about replacing their tribal governments and providing better functioning ALREADY EXISTING American institutions in its place.
Um.... Our  institutions and services suck too. Our judicial system is corrupt, our electoral process is a fucking joke, our elected officials are cunts, we have two parties that havent been effective at bi-partisanship since we were part of Great Britain, our police abuse their power, a fifth of our country doesnt work and nearly half collect some sort of assistance, our president is a spineless coward and we cant even provide a decent series finale episode to Lost that makes sense.... Try explaining how we can help again when we cant help ourselves? That has been our point all the while.
Malloy must go
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4186|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

How hard is it for you ignorant assholes to understand that this isn't about welfare and money? I swear I must be typing in another language since you are the second to bring up welfare and foodstamps. Reread my post a few times. It is about replacing their tribal governments and providing better functioning ALREADY EXISTING American institutions in its place. This isn't about handouts and foodstamps. It is about something that transcends dollars and cents. If you can't understand that than please leave and take Cyborg with you so I can discuss this with other people who at least understand the premise of my thread.
How hard is it for you to understand that THEY DON'T FUCKING WANT OUR SYSTEMS AND INSTITUTIONS!!!???
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida
I think the point macbeth was making is that the reservation system inherently creates a kind of second class citizenship, the same way segregation did.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4186|Oklahoma

Spearhead wrote:

I think the point macbeth was making is that the reservation system inherently creates a kind of second class citizenship, the same way segregation did.
How is it segregation if it is self imposed?  Maybe 100 years ago, but they live there by choice now and take pride in it.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5576

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

How hard is it for you ignorant assholes......
Ok now you are being passive aggressive and that is totally not cool. Your words are hurtfull man.

Macbeth wrote:

It is about replacing their tribal governments and providing better functioning ALREADY EXISTING American institutions in its place.
Um.... Our  institutions and services suck too. Our judicial system is corrupt, our electoral process is a fucking joke, our elected officials are cunts, we have two parties that havent been effective at bi-partisanship since we were part of Great Britain, our police abuse their power, a fifth of our country doesnt work and nearly half collect some sort of assistance, our president is a spineless coward and we cant even provide a decent series finale episode to Lost that makes sense.... Try explaining how we can help again when we cant help ourselves? That has been our point all the while.
Our institutions are comparably better. We don't have a small group of unelected "elders" making all of the choices for the country. We have better funded and run everything, It might not be the best in the world (I actually think it is better than you make it all out to be) but it is better than what they have.

Basically every point you or anyone else has brought up has been how happy they are living in squealer. I provided an example as to how it would benefit them to be rolled into our system and I have yet gotten a response to it or a counter example.

So again, in light of the following how are we not better off or our system superior?
If you thought your neighbor's child was being physically or sexually abused what would you do since you lived in NYC? You are almost certain a little girl is getting dicked and beat up. You would contact your local Division of Youth and Family Services or your local police department. Because that is the local institution which is set up to handle cases like that. If you were a tribal named Smoking Turtle and lived on some reservation who would you take the case to? The local tribal elder. What resources does the local tribal elder have to take care of the case? None compared to the local DYFS. If they even decide to look into the case they would lack the tools to investigate or handle post investigation prosecution and child care. Does the tribe have educated child psychiatrist? No. The state's DYFS does though. But since the crime happened on tribal land it is the business of the tribe and not an institution which is better funded, and more experienced that the local tribal elder.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5576

Extra Medium wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

How hard is it for you to understand that THEY DON'T FUCKING WANT OUR SYSTEMS AND INSTITUTIONS!!!???
Many of them have no choice but to be a part of it. I agree with Rousseau when he says sometimes people have to be forced to be free. I have given examples as to why living in our system is better for them and how ours is superior to theirs. We stop people against their will from setting themselves on fire in protest or jumping from bridges. This is in the same vein.

I'm am really looking forward to reading a response that isn't "freedom!".

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-08-11 11:20:05)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

Macbeth wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Many of them have no choice but to be a part of it. I agree with Rousseau when he says sometimes people have to be forced to be free. I have given examples as to why living in our system is better for them and how ours is superior to theirs. We stop people against their will from setting themselves on fire in protest or jumping from bridges. This is in the same vein.

this better be a troll post.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4186|Oklahoma

Cybargs wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Nah, Macbeth genuinely knows whats best for an entire race of people he has never met and knows nothing about.

100% legit.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England
He read an article about it
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707
also he talked to a professor about it
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3951|SL,UT

Cybargs wrote:

i am seeing a pattern - he only posts for reaction. what was the definition of troll?
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6484|Connecticut

Macbeth wrote:

Our institutions are comparably better. We don't have a small group of unelected "elders" making all of the choices for the country.
Oh is that so? Then how do you explain the last 13 years in the White House?
Malloy must go
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6734|Reality
He read Rousseau. oops.

Only the last 13 years??
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5576

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4186|Oklahoma
/thread

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard