A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4523|at your six
Exactly.
Its sort of why people call Warrens church Crislam.

Accepting everybody and discarding some of the bs in the Bible doesn't sit well with some.

The fact is, I do what I do here to give the glory to Jesus, not myself. Some of you will listen and/or be inspired. Some will hate.

We believe we have a duty to share our story, and that a mustard seed of faith, or a sliver of doubt in a God-haters armor of ignorance is enough for me to reach you.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia
well... okay. i leave you to preach this non-sense in peace.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
ATG, do they accept non believers into the program you just participated in?
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4523|at your six
I started my first meeting with them by stating that I leaned towards being an agnostic.
They asked me if I was open minded and seeking the truth, whatever that was, or had I hardened my heart.
I think being closed minded is a sure proof of ignorance.
Faith for me is a choice and commitment as much is a thing I know to be absolute. I don't get into a lot of details, I just try to help out and get others on board because it feels good to me.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia
do you even read the questions, man? or are you so pre-occupied with this religious bullshit of yours that you are incapable of that? read again what you post - you didn't answer any of my questions, you didn't answer spearhead's very simple question either, you just keep spewing non-sense. are you feeling okay?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Shahter wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

What difference does it really make?
big difference. they are empowering churches when they could  be empowering schools. they are helping those people from stone age to dark ages when they could be working on uplifting them into 21st century. they are doing this in the name of the fucking jesus with his burning bush and a talking snake, when they could be doing it simply because it's a good thing to do. think about it for a second - what exactly does the god-schtick add to this anyway? remove it and nothing is lost, even gained in some respects. personally, i'm definitely put off by the religious side of this.

p.s. that said, atg, you are doing a good thing, regardless of your reasons. you have my respect, man.
Yeah I don't see the difference. Religious charities still improve things like education, medicine and utilities in the third world. I'd say that if a few people are doing it for browny points from god or if the charity hosts church that it's not really going lessen the impact they make.

We don't go out into the jungle, snare blacks and evangelize them. We go to existing churches and facilitate cooperation between different denominations. Our model is to say, we are here to help, what do you need? You don't convert converts. You might go to church with them.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4523|at your six

Shahter wrote:

do you even read the questions, man? or are you so pre-occupied with this religious bullshit of yours that you are incapable of that? read again what you post - you didn't answer any of my questions, you didn't answer spearhead's very simple question either, you just keep spewing non-sense. are you feeling okay?
I'm not going to devote intensive time to specific questions, no [*edit} unless that is you are a serious person. Do some research. Come at me with un-general things please

Like I've said and posted; look into the peace plan. watch the story of defimo on youtube, or albertine by brooke fraser.

There are dozens of videos, stories I have published about my travels.

My message is pretty consistent: it doesn't matter what your feelings are about religion as other people have probably got BETWEEN you and Jesus, so it is probably YOU that is confuzzled about what you believe, not me.

I can just say that the more glory I try to give to God the more my life is blessed.

Your questions were probably pertaining to lamestream examples of Christianity, or seemed inane or nonsensical to me. I apologize if I didn't give you proper attention. Having made some statements ( which you found objectionable ) but obviously not responding as per your wishes may we try again as I can't be arsed to go back through this thread and see what you're  on about.

Last edited by A2TG2 (2013-08-10 23:03:55)

A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4523|at your six

Steve-0 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

holy shit I missed a lot
you should have seen what they censored
Maybe you should stop that,
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia
ah, i see. now people, who don't believe in bullshit are not worth your attention because you have deluded yourself so thoroughly you could not be arsed. yet you could be arsed to answer a simple "y/n" question by spearhead with a whole sermon about your awesome conversion.

shameful dispray.

Last edited by Shahter (2013-08-10 23:31:25)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4194|Oklahoma

Shahter wrote:

ah, i see. now people, who don't believe in bullshit are not worth your attention because you have deluded yourself so thoroughly you could not be arsed. yet you could be arsed to answer a simple "y/n" question by spearhead with a whole sermon about your awesome conversion.

shameful dispray.
Oh my God, would you just go and fucking kill yourself already!?

The guy posts a picture and a message about helping people in Africa, mentions God and you come along and turn his thread (one of the only positive threads this website has seen in ages, mind you) into a damn bitchfest about religion.  You can bitch, moan and debate his religious beliefs all you want and you aren't going to change, prove or persuade him in the slightest bit, just as he isn't going to change, prove or persuade yours.

You are a fucking idiot.  Please kill yourself.  At the very least, please don't reproduce.  No one gives a shit about your religion or lack thereof. 

ATG I think what you did and what you're doing is great.  Even though I'm not religious, a good deed is a good deed regardless of why you did it.  I raise a beer in your honor tonight.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

I was going to donate my time mentoring youths. There was a whole process to it. I figured it wasn't worth the trouble. The Youths I mean. I still get emails from the volunteer agency.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia

Extra Medium wrote:

Shahter wrote:

shameful dispray.
no.

The guy posts a picture and a message about helping people in Africa, mentions God and you come along and turn his thread (one of the only positive threads this website has seen in ages, mind you) into a damn bitchfest about religion.
religion totally fucks up everything it touches. that includes what atg is doing. i tried asking questions, discussing this with him, and all i got in return was, basically, "i know certain things to be absolute, you are ignorant and close-minded, praise jesus". this thread is the opposite of positive - it's sad and outright pathetic.

You can bitch, moan and debate his religious beliefs all you want and you aren't going to change, prove or persuade him in the slightest bit, just as he isn't going to change, prove or persuade yours.
for once, i agree with you. that doesn't change the fact that the whole religious side of this is a big fucking joke. he's spewing bullshit, i'm calling him out on that, and, quite frankly, i don't give a fuck what you think about it since you proven yourself totally incapable of discussion of any kind already. fuck off.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
soviet propaganda.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Brasso
+1,549|6629

i think that we would all benefit in a happy medium between ATG and Shather's views
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4194|Oklahoma

Shahter wrote:

religion totally fucks up everything it touches. that includes what atg is doing.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF-mt0GGQkfVXEaRtc-5oheDFS3nSAmE0JR9Qdoyp6YcG-9o4l

He is in Africa helping people because he thinks God told him too.  How is he fucking anything up?
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4523|at your six

Shahter wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Shahter wrote:

shameful dispray.
no.

The guy posts a picture and a message about helping people in Africa, mentions God and you come along and turn his thread (one of the only positive threads this website has seen in ages, mind you) into a damn bitchfest about religion.
religion totally fucks up everything it touches. that includes what atg is doing. i tried asking questions, discussing this with him, and all i got in return was, basically, "i know certain things to be absolute, you are ignorant and close-minded, praise jesus". this thread is the opposite of positive - it's sad and outright pathetic.

You can bitch, moan and debate his religious beliefs all you want and you aren't going to change, prove or persuade him in the slightest bit, just as he isn't going to change, prove or persuade yours.
for once, i agree with you. that doesn't change the fact that the whole religious side of this is a big fucking joke. he's spewing bullshit, i'm calling him out on that, and, quite frankly, i don't give a fuck what you think about it since you proven yourself totally incapable of discussion of any kind already. fuck off.
Look, sorry kid.
What do you want to know?

I apologize for not giving you the time your question merited.
The thing is, I don't really have an emotional investment here any more.  But, if you are open to hearing what I have to say, ask on and I will try and do a better job of answering, when I get the fuck around to it?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
So how the balls did everyone know about what ATG was up to? I know I disappeared for a bit after my computer got flooded, but I'm sure I missed some of that good ol' BF2s drama around that time.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3958|SL,UT

A2TG2 wrote:

Steve-0 wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

holy shit I missed a lot
i thought it was positive. some mods thought that it would lead to mudslinging and name calling (i didn't, i didn't think your OP was about being negative, and i am willing to let bygones be ).

i don't censor what i think or how i feel. it's what got me banned. i did think i could make a joke about being twins, which you took in stride.

i don't have a problem with what you post, what you choose to share, or your beliefs.
A2TG2
Hazbeen
+67|4523|at your six

Steve-0 wrote:

A2TG2 wrote:

Steve-0 wrote:

i thought it was positive. some mods thought that it would lead to mudslinging and name calling (i didn't, i didn't think your OP was about being negative, and i am willing to let bygones be ).

i don't censor what i think or how i feel. it's what got me banned. i did think i could make a joke about being twins, which you took in stride.

i don't have a problem with what you post, what you choose to share, or your beliefs.
I actually thought your post about me chasing cars was funny. I don't have a rl beef with you Steve. ffs
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

DesertFox- wrote:

So how the balls did everyone know about what ATG was up to? I know I disappeared for a bit after my computer got flooded, but I'm sure I missed some of that good ol' BF2s drama around that time.
I seem to remember that he mentioned something about it before he went.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia

A2TG2 wrote:

Look, sorry kid.
kid yourself. i already asked questions. simple questions. yes/no questions. you already gave me "praise jesus" for answer. why would a repeat myself?

The thing is, I don't really have an emotional investment here any more.  But, if you are open to hearing what I have to say, ask on and I will try and do a better job of answering, when I get the fuck around to it?
very funny.

you know, i always liked you when you were active here. i never agreed with you on much, but always thought you were the kind of person this world would benefit from a larger number of. you were always straightforward, honest and passionate about things you believed in.

and now you believe in bullshit. what a fucking shame, man.

Last edited by Shahter (2013-08-12 00:57:12)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

Shahter wrote:

A2TG2 wrote:

Look, sorry kid.
kid yourself. i already asked questions. simple questions. yes/no questions. you already gave me "praise jesus" for answer. why would a repeat myself?

very funny.

you know, i always liked you when you were active here. i never agreed with you on much, but always thought you were the kind of person this world would benefit from a larger number of. you were always straightforward, honest and passionate about things you believed in.

and now you believe in bullshit. what a fucking shame, man.
The only reason you care about others' beliefs is because part of you is still afflicted with guilt or doubts about your own non-belief. Let it go.

If people spout religion at you just smile and nod, and walk away if they're persistent. Getting angry about it makes them think there is hope of re-conversion.

Besides, you sure as shit aren't changing their beliefs by arguing with them.

Last edited by Jay (2013-08-12 04:44:01)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia
i'm not angry. i'm... frustrated. and disappointed. i don't really care about the beliefs - i care about other people going nuts. and i certainly never felt guilty or doubtful about my non-belief - that's just ridiculous, man, i'm not ten, i don't have any doubts about santa and the likes anymore and i've settled that with my parents long ago.

and it is possible to change their mind by arguing. i did at least once... i think. but then again, that person married me shortly after, i don't think i have that kind of influence over anybody else.

Last edited by Shahter (2013-08-12 06:34:34)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Does anybody really care how religious ATG is? He's helping people less fortunate than himself. It's alright to be an aggressive atheist by actively fending off evangelism, but at a certain point you become as annoying as the message you claim to be fighting.
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

Jay wrote:

Shahter wrote:

The only reason you care about others' beliefs is because part of you is still afflicted with guilt or doubts about your own non-belief. Let it go.
pretty much this, Jay nailed it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard