Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4484|London, England
And you can play it off and say 'haha i'm hated' on the forum for my beliefs, but again it's got nothing to do with being a so called conservative (you're not) and everything to do with the fact that the personality that you display on this forum, a construct wholly your own, is shitty. You're a shitty human being, and it has nothing to do with the political team you root for.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,939|5897|USA

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I am a traditional bow hunter, I dont care for the compound bows and I shoot a Bob Lee Hunter model (60" 65lbs @ 28" draw).
55# is what I draw for recurve. I've always wanted to grab a longbow, but I don't go shooting enough to justify that on top of said recurve and my 80# compound bow. If I hunted with bows I'd definitely take the compound, because I'm pretty confident about my accuracy with it.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|5619|Connecticut

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

deeznutz1245 wrote:

I am a traditional bow hunter, I dont care for the compound bows and I shoot a Bob Lee Hunter model (60" 65lbs @ 28" draw).
55# is what I draw for recurve. I've always wanted to grab a longbow, but I don't go shooting enough to justify that on top of said recurve and my 80# compound bow. If I hunted with bows I'd definitely take the compound, because I'm pretty confident about my accuracy with it.
Do you know what your draw length is? The bow is always rated at a 28" draw, and then you would add 3lbs for each additional inch of draw. So if your bow is a 55lb bow and your draw length was, lets say 30", it would actually be a 61lbs bow. Thats the cool thing about recurves, theres a little science involved which makes it fun. My compound is just adjusting the limb bolts and thats it.... No fun!

Anyways, enjoy getting out there this fall, thats where I will be.
Malloy must go
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,939|5897|USA

'Wingspan' is around 72", so approx 28.5"-28.8". I'm going to get my compound turned down a bit though before I shoot it again, because I haven't taken it in awhile and am no longer accustomed to that initial draw. Don't want to hurt my shoulders.

I fully intend to go target shooting again this fall too. I prefer it and spring over summer weather any day.
Brasso
member
+1,549|5756

my compound is set at 56 lbs, 27.5" draw length. Mission Craze
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3321|Oklahoma

Jay wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

If you don't care why do you get all offended when people criticize you?

Then you go and blame liberals? Wtf do they have anything to do with this? Why even bring conservatives/liberals into this? I'm liberal and I own multiple guns. Sooooo?
I'm not offended, I just think that their point of view is incorrect.  Liberals factor into this because 99% of the time people who whine and cry about  hunting, trapping, guns or animal rights are left wingers.  Not only is incorrect, most often it has a double standard, a lack of logic and reason and is overly emotional involved.
No, they don't, moron. Most hunters are conservationists and they would bitch you out A) for poaching and B) for letting the meat rot on the side of the road. It's got nothing to do with liberal vs conservative. You just assume that anyone that disagrees with you on anything is a liberal. It's a serious character flaw on your part.
Liar.

Jay wrote:

And you can play it off and say 'haha i'm hated' on the forum for my beliefs, but again it's got nothing to do with being a so called conservative (you're not) and everything to do with the fact that the personality that you display on this forum, a construct wholly your own, is shitty. You're a shitty human being, and it has nothing to do with the political team you root for.
Liar.

I'm a pretty nice guy.  Also, I'm not a shitty human being.  I rarely lie.

Last edited by Extra Medium (2013-08-08 05:45:16)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4711

I think people should be allowed to sacrifice animals as part of religious  ceremony.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3321|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

I think people should be allowed to sacrifice animals as part of religious  ceremony.
That's disrespectful.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,719|5863|Oxferd Ohire
that animal could have fed starving children
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Brasso
member
+1,549|5756

Extra Medium wrote:

Brasso wrote:

i meant that it is disrespectful that there are millions of starving people around the world (and quite possibly hundreds/thousands near you depending on where you live) yet you essentially waste a kill like that.
100% of those people had 0% of ever eating that deer regardless of what happened to it.
uhh venison is actually really good for cancer patients, for one, and many food banks accept it gratefully.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3321|Oklahoma

Brasso wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Brasso wrote:

i meant that it is disrespectful that there are millions of starving people around the world (and quite possibly hundreds/thousands near you depending on where you live) yet you essentially waste a kill like that.
100% of those people had 0% of ever eating that deer regardless of what happened to it.
uhh venison is actually really good for cancer patients, for one, and many food banks accept it gratefully.
uhh that's irrelevant. 

Never said venison didn't taste good.  I said no one ever really had a chance of eating that particular deer ...........nevermind, fuck.  Reading comprehension, go get some.
Brasso
member
+1,549|5756

Extra Medium wrote:

Brasso wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:


100% of those people had 0% of ever eating that deer regardless of what happened to it.
uhh venison is actually really good for cancer patients, for one, and many food banks accept it gratefully.
uhh that's irrelevant. 

Never said venison didn't taste good.  I said no one ever really had a chance of eating that particular deer ...........nevermind, fuck.  Reading comprehension, go get some.
what the fuck? i need reading comprehension? that's ironic.

i said that there were people who need food around the world. some of them live near where you've killed deer and left it to rot.

so that meat that partially rotted and fed wild animals (bear with me, i know this is tough) could have instead fed humans who need yum yum. tummy hungry. get it?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4484|London, England

Extra Medium wrote:

Jay wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:


I'm not offended, I just think that their point of view is incorrect.  Liberals factor into this because 99% of the time people who whine and cry about  hunting, trapping, guns or animal rights are left wingers.  Not only is incorrect, most often it has a double standard, a lack of logic and reason and is overly emotional involved.
No, they don't, moron. Most hunters are conservationists and they would bitch you out A) for poaching and B) for letting the meat rot on the side of the road. It's got nothing to do with liberal vs conservative. You just assume that anyone that disagrees with you on anything is a liberal. It's a serious character flaw on your part.
Liar.

Jay wrote:

And you can play it off and say 'haha i'm hated' on the forum for my beliefs, but again it's got nothing to do with being a so called conservative (you're not) and everything to do with the fact that the personality that you display on this forum, a construct wholly your own, is shitty. You're a shitty human being, and it has nothing to do with the political team you root for.
Liar.

I'm a pretty nice guy.  Also, I'm not a shitty human being.  I rarely lie.
You keep calling me a liar. What have I lied about? I'm curious.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3321|Oklahoma

Jay wrote:

You keep calling me a liar. What have I lied about? I'm curious.
I don't talk to liars.

Brasso wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Brasso wrote:


uhh venison is actually really good for cancer patients, for one, and many food banks accept it gratefully.
uhh that's irrelevant. 

Never said venison didn't taste good.  I said no one ever really had a chance of eating that particular deer ...........nevermind, fuck.  Reading comprehension, go get some.
what the fuck? i need reading comprehension? that's ironic.

i said that there were people who need food around the world. some of them live near where you've killed deer and left it to rot.

so that meat that partially rotted and fed wild animals (bear with me, i know this is tough) could have instead fed humans who need yum yum. tummy hungry. get it?
Who the fuck does that?  No one.  That's who.  I have NEVER heard of ANYONE trying to donate a deer carcus to a food bank.  Food banks normally try to accept non-perishables NOT dead animals. 

The Internats wrote:

What type of foodstuff should I donate to my local food bank?

cereals
mustard
mayonnaise
pasta sauce in jars
salad dressings
coffee and tea (including iced tea mix)
shampoo
toothpaste
toilet paper
ANY canned food or non-perishable food item
Notice how it lacks "dead animal carcass" or "giant pile of meat from the butcher".  Fucking idiot.
Brasso
member
+1,549|5756

Extra Medium wrote:

Who the fuck does that?  No one.  That's who.  I have NEVER heard of ANYONE trying to donate a deer carcus to a food bank.  Food banks normally try to accept non-perishables NOT dead animals. 

Notice how it lacks "dead animal carcass" or "giant pile of meat from the butcher".  Fucking idiot.
http://www.h4hungry.org/

this is just one organization of many. not MANY people do it, but regardless, people still do.

the point is that venison donation happens. food that would otherwise be wasted goes to people who need food. you don't need to be an asshole about it just because you disagree.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|5835|England. Stoke
Use a English Longbow, stop being a pussy.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,443|4711

Still unfair. Chase it down and club it.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|5619|Connecticut

Macbeth wrote:

Still unfair. Chase it down and club it.
Eh, no thanks. Thats actually a pretty cruel and fucked up way for anything to die. A lot of people give me shit at work because I use a rifle during open firearms season, but what most folks don't understand is how the deer actually dies. A 30-06 round will usually kill it instantly if you double lung it but with an arrow, it dies from hemraging and will take anywhere from 7 minutes to 30 minutes to bleed out.

The more "manly" way is usually the most cruel. Besides, when natives hunted they didnt club the animal, they used the most modern technology possible. In fact since the dawn of mankinds earliest time as hunter gatherers there was always an objective to engineer more effective weaponry. If I went back in time and put a lever action .300 Savage in the hands of a caveman you bet your ass he would use it.
Malloy must go
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,939|5897|USA

Probably on himself while he's trying to commune with its spirits.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|5800|Canberra, AUS

Jay wrote:

And you can play it off and say 'haha i'm hated' on the forum for my beliefs, but again it's got nothing to do with being a so called conservative (you're not) and everything to do with the fact that the personality that you display on this forum, a construct wholly your own, is shitty. You're a shitty human being, and it has nothing to do with the political team you root for.
word
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3321|Oklahoma

Brasso wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Who the fuck does that?  No one.  That's who.  I have NEVER heard of ANYONE trying to donate a deer carcus to a food bank.  Food banks normally try to accept non-perishables NOT dead animals. 

Notice how it lacks "dead animal carcass" or "giant pile of meat from the butcher".  Fucking idiot.
http://www.h4hungry.org/

this is just one organization of many. not MANY people do it, but regardless, people still do.

the point is that venison donation happens. food that would otherwise be wasted goes to people who need food. you don't need to be an asshole about it just because you disagree.
Not many people do it because donating meat is incredibly stupid.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4304|Sydney

Extra Medium wrote:

Jay wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:


I'm not offended, I just think that their point of view is incorrect.  Liberals factor into this because 99% of the time people who whine and cry about  hunting, trapping, guns or animal rights are left wingers.  Not only is incorrect, most often it has a double standard, a lack of logic and reason and is overly emotional involved.
No, they don't, moron. Most hunters are conservationists and they would bitch you out A) for poaching and B) for letting the meat rot on the side of the road. It's got nothing to do with liberal vs conservative. You just assume that anyone that disagrees with you on anything is a liberal. It's a serious character flaw on your part.
Liar.

Jay wrote:

And you can play it off and say 'haha i'm hated' on the forum for my beliefs, but again it's got nothing to do with being a so called conservative (you're not) and everything to do with the fact that the personality that you display on this forum, a construct wholly your own, is shitty. You're a shitty human being, and it has nothing to do with the political team you root for.
Liar.

I'm a pretty nice guy.  Also, I'm not a shitty human being.  I rarely lie.
Liar.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|3321|Oklahoma

Jaekus wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Jay wrote:


No, they don't, moron. Most hunters are conservationists and they would bitch you out A) for poaching and B) for letting the meat rot on the side of the road. It's got nothing to do with liberal vs conservative. You just assume that anyone that disagrees with you on anything is a liberal. It's a serious character flaw on your part.
Liar.

Jay wrote:

And you can play it off and say 'haha i'm hated' on the forum for my beliefs, but again it's got nothing to do with being a so called conservative (you're not) and everything to do with the fact that the personality that you display on this forum, a construct wholly your own, is shitty. You're a shitty human being, and it has nothing to do with the political team you root for.
Liar.

I'm a pretty nice guy.  Also, I'm not a shitty human being.  I rarely lie.
Liar.
Pants on fire.
Brasso
member
+1,549|5756

Extra Medium wrote:

Not many people do it because donating meat is incredibly stupid.
let it be known that you've gone from

"no hungry people would ever receive that meat i wasted"

to

"because no one donates venison"

to

"okay i guess a few people do it but it's still silly"

you are bad at arguing your point.

Last edited by Brasso (2013-08-09 12:26:16)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,939|5897|USA

Because he didn't interject his poaching story to successfully argue about it. He brought it up to "trol teh libtards roflolol."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard