Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

i dont know, but if so hes probably french
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6743|Reality
ROFL Canada?
2 billion dollar piece of crap gun registry? That is going to be scrapped?
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

err that's fairly unrelated. plus im not sure where your near 100% inflation comes from...

any way you want to look at it, the amount of guns and firearm deaths in canada in a year is a regular weekend in the states. i like my safety, thanks
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6714|Purplicious Wisconsin

RTHKI wrote:

doesnt one of the canucks on the forum hate canadian gun laws

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Krazedsilence, and far from French, doesn't like French Canadians.

Winston_Churchill wrote:

err that's fairly unrelated. plus im not sure where your near 100% inflation comes from...

any way you want to look at it, the amount of guns and firearm deaths in canada in a year is a regular weekend in the states. i like my safety, thanks
Wouldn't matter if there were less guns, there'd still be equal or greater violence than now. Too many bad neighborhoods.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Stubbee
+223|6743|Reality

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Cost overruns

The registry again became a political issue in the early 2000s when massive cost overruns were reported.

In early 2000, the Canadian Firearms Program released a report that showed that implementation costs were rising. Major backlogs in registration—largely as a result of firearm owners waiting until the last minute to apply—general increase in costs, fee waivers for early applications, and high error rates in applications submitted by firearm owners were all cited as contributing factors to the rising costs. Although not reported, many political scientists believe the real reason behind rising costs and time was due to government inefficiency, and not the fault of gun owners.[7]

In December 2001, cost rose to an estimated $527 million. The Canadian Firearms Program reported that a major factor behind the rising costs was the difficulty it had keeping track of licence fees collected. This was blamed, in part, on the computer system used to process applications. The audit said that the problem could not be resolved without "massive change," including "significant investment" in the computer system.[7]

In April 2002 the tab for implementing the registry rose to $629 million. The costs were $2 million to help police enforce legislation; a minimum of $60 million for public-relations programs, including television commercials ($18 million of which went to ad agency GroupAction, which also received millions in sponsorship scandal contracts); $227 million in computer costs, including complicated application forms that slow processing times; and $332 million for other programming costs, including money to pay staff to process the forms.[7]

In December 2002, the Auditor-General of Canada, Sheila Fraser, reported that the project was running vastly above initial cost estimates. The report showed that the implementation of the firearms registry program by the Department of Justice has had significant strategic and management problems throughout. Taxpayers were originally expected to pay only $2 million of the budget while registration fees would cover the rest. In 1995, the Department of Justice reported to Parliament that the system would cost $119 million to implement, and that the income generated from licensing fees would be $117 million. This gives a net cost of $2 million. At the time of the 2002 audit, however, the revised estimates from the Department of Justice were that the cost of the program would be more than $1 billion by 2004-05 and that the income from licence fees in the same period would be $140 million.[7]

In February 2004, documents obtained by Zone Libre of Télévision de Radio-Canada suggested that the gun registry has cost around $2 billion so far.[7]

In May 2006, the Auditor-General of Canada, Sheila Fraser, reported that the former Liberal government twice misinformed Parliament about tens of millions of dollars of overspending at the Canada Firearms Centre. Fraser said the planned computerized gun registry system was three years overdue and so far had cost $90 million, three times more than expected.[7]

Information technology expenditures were disproportionally high especially throughout the program’s early development. However, the program was not exceptional compared to other government-run programs with large IT projects. A 2006 report by the Auditor General regarding large IT Projects demonstrates that after more than a full decade of IT projects had passed within the government since its last IT audit, and whereby a TB Framework had been developed for IT, only two of the seven large IT projects assessed met all audit criteria for well-managed projects. When CFP was merged into the RCMP in 2006, IT comprised almost 50% of total program expenditures – the industry standard is 20-30%. By 2009, costs had stabilized to 21-27% of direct program expenditures and were expected to be reduced further within the existing RCMP IT architecture.
It is relevant because any gun law needs a database to track the weapons. The government has demonstrated their inability and their incompetence with their wonderful registry database. Just how effective can guns laws be with such a crappy foundation?
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
War Man
Gun laws are going to become even more pointless once 3d printers become more widespread, anyone will be able to make a gun in their place fairly easy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6106|eXtreme to the maX

War Man wrote:

Gun laws are going to become even more pointless once 3d printers become more widespread, anyone will be able to make a gun in their place fairly easy.
LOL OK.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Stubbee
+223|6743|Reality

Dilbert_X wrote:

War Man wrote:

LOL OK.
You don't think 3d printers can make guns?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
People with files and hammers can make guns - and yet gun laws aren't yet pointless
People with lathes and milling machines can make guns - and yet gun laws aren't yet pointless
People with 3d printers can't really make useful guns - There is no prospect of the sky falling just yet.

Once people have home Selective-Melting 3D metal printers then they'll be able to make useful guns, even then gun laws won't be pointless.
Then I guess people caught manufacturing guns without the right paperwork, or in possession of an unofficially manufactured firearm with no serial number etc will be in for an unpleasant time.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-08-02 03:14:10)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4195|Oklahoma

Stubbee wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

War Man wrote:

LOL OK.
Not guns that won't fail after 10 shots.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North

RTHKI wrote:

me

Winston_Churchill wrote:

fuck quebec tbh

Stubbee wrote:

ROFL Canada?
2 billion dollar piece of crap gun registry? That is going to be scrapped?
already gone

War Man wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Krazed, and far from French, doesn't like French Canadians.

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Wouldn't matter if there were less guns, there'd still be equal or greater violence than now. Too many bad neighborhoods.
haha warman, you know me buddy

one registry down, hopefully one to go. after that reclassification of items already on the prohib list that DO NOT belong there.

or just get rid of the classifications altogether
War Man

Extra Medium wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

LOL OK.
Give it time, those problems will get worked out, eventually.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6685|United States of America
Improvised firearms already exist, and are pretty much illegal as well. If you really want to make a gun, you don't need a printer.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3960|SL,UT

https://i.imgur.com/cz2oIJl.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

That looks shopped. I can tell because of the pixels.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6737|Oxferd Ohire

Extra Medium wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

LOL OK.
14 shots m8
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Stubbee
+223|6743|Reality

Extra Medium wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

LOL OK.
You don't think 3d printing technology won't advance past its current level? 3d printing has reached the pinnacle of achievement?
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4195|Oklahoma

Stubbee wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

You don't think 3d printing technology won't advance past its current level? 3d printing has reached the pinnacle of achievement?
You obviously have no idea how a gun works.
Stubbee
+223|6743|Reality

Extra Medium wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

You don't think 3d printing technology [will] advance past its current level? 3d printing has reached the pinnacle of achievement?
Answer the question. (question edited for double neg)

3d printing is in its infancy. There will come a time when the 'ink' will become stronger than steel and be affordable to the general public.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4195|Oklahoma

Stubbee wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

You don't think 3d printing technology [will] advance past its current level? 3d printing has reached the pinnacle of achievement?
Answer the question. (question edited for double neg)

3d printing is in its infancy. There will come a time when the 'ink' will become stronger than steel and be affordable to the general public.
I really don't care to go into depth about it because I know how arguments on the website progress and I don't want to be debating the specifics of steel strength versus carbon nanofiber strength or some stupid shit 10 posts from now.

You can make a gun yes.  You can make a pretty gun.  You CANNOT make the parts that make the gun FUNCTION well, properly, efficiently, effective and consistently.  Will they be able to in the future?  They may have nuclear powered toilets that wipe you ass, fluff some baby powder on it and give you a rim job in the future, but I'm not going to sit here and try and debate the toilet technology is at it's pinnacle right now.

Would you want to lay your face next to a receiver and barrel printed out by a printer in some guys basement?  If figure if you do, we might be having this conversation in the future minus a few of your fingers and eyeballs.
Stubbee
+223|6743|Reality
Or you could forget entirely gunpowder based systems:

The point being that any legislation affecting firearms is really pointless

Last edited by Stubbee (2013-08-08 13:15:46)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

I look forward to hearing about the next zip gun massacre.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Stubbee wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

Read my previous posts.

If you have a few hundred thousand dollars to spare you can buy right now a selective laser melting system which will spit out complex 3d parts, ready heat treated, in aluminium, stainless steel or titanium all day.

Firearms laws still won't be redundant any time soon, any more than explosives laws are bearing in mind how easy it is to make bombs from fertiliser.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4195|Oklahoma
https://i.imgur.com/sGtNPZB.jpg

Basically.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard