Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
Just heard on the news that fast food workers are striking in seven cities because they want their wages DOUBLED. They want a minimum of $15 an hour! You have GOT to be shitting me. This country is going straight into the toilet. The absolute stupidity of some people is amazing. This is what you get when you have a generation of people raised on the government titty, everyone thinks they are ENTITLED to decent wages and nice things. You AREN'T!!!! YOU HAVE TO EARN IT, NOT DEMAND IT!!!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Extra Medium wrote:

Just heard on the news that fast food workers are striking in seven cities because they want their wages DOUBLED. They want a minimum of $15 an hour! You have GOT to be shitting me. This country is going straight into the toilet. The absolute stupidity of some people is amazing. This is what you get when you have a generation of people raised on the government titty, everyone thinks they are ENTITLED to decent wages and nice things. You AREN'T!!!! YOU HAVE TO EARN IT, NOT DEMAND IT!!!
Most of them make $12+ an hour in nyc anyway. And wtf, you think people shouldn't be allowed to negotiate pay raises? Do you make whatever your employer offers without negotiating? Moron.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Jay wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Most of them make $12+ an hour in nyc anyway. And wtf, you think people shouldn't be allowed to negotiate pay raises? Do you make whatever your employer offers without negotiating? Moron.
DOUBLE!!!?? Who the fuck causes a striking DEMAND for DOUBLE a wage negotiation?  Dumbass.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Extra Medium wrote:

Jay wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

DOUBLE!!!?? Who the fuck causes a striking DEMAND for DOUBLE a wage negotiation?  Dumbass.
when you're starting from near nothing, double isnt that much. $15/hr = $30k/yr nyc rent eats half that, at least.

Would you rather they go on welfare?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
You know somethings F'ed up when Mcdonalds and Walmart employees start going on strike.  And their own god damn financial planner assumes you work full time and still have a second job.  And leaves out money for air conditioning... and health insurance.... etc. etc.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-07-30 16:00:46)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
You people are fucking unbelievable.  If you work at McDonald's you are either a) young and just starting in the workforce, b) geniunley interested in a career at McDonalds and planning to work up the ladder, c) made some TERRIBLE choices in life.

A fast food job is not a job where you get to demand anything.  Janitors are higher up the food chain than you.  It is a job for beginners, career seekers or fuckups.  It's supposed to be a low paying job!  The mere thought you people thinking they deserve $15-$20 an hour working the drive through is absolutely absurd.  1st off, it's going to kill jobs for young unskilled kids, 2nd it's going to make life even harder for the entpenuers than own these local chains, 3rd it's going to cause the prices to rise and the profits to diminish.  Just because some fucking felons and teenagers decided they want MAN wages for working a CHILDS job.

If they want to make 15-20 an hour they can learn some fucking skills working at McDonalds and then find some place to work that ISN'T MCDONALDS.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Sure are a lot of assumptions and generalizations there.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Extra Medium wrote:

You people are fucking unbelievable.  If you work at McDonald's you are either a) young and just starting in the workforce, b) geniunley interested in a career at McDonalds and planning to work up the ladder, c) made some TERRIBLE choices in life.

A fast food job is not a job where you get to demand anything.  Janitors are higher up the food chain than you.  It is a job for beginners, career seekers or fuckups.  It's supposed to be a low paying job!  The mere thought you people thinking they deserve $15-$20 an hour working the drive through is absolutely absurd.  1st off, it's going to kill jobs for young unskilled kids, 2nd it's going to make life even harder for the entpenuers than own these local chains, 3rd it's going to cause the prices to rise and the profits to diminish.  Just because some fucking felons and teenagers decided they want MAN wages for working a CHILDS job.

If they want to make 15-20 an hour they can learn some fucking skills working at McDonalds and then find some place to work that ISN'T MCDONALDS.
Why?
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
You know EM, I think everyone on this forum could do your job, just like everyone could work a drive thru. Perhaps you should be thankful that you're paid so well instead of shitting all over others. You're a fucking roughneck, not a rocket scientist.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Extra Medium wrote:

or d) did a degree in literature

They can strike if they want, they'll either achieve something or be replaced, there's no need to worry about the captialist system falling just yet.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
min/award wage for my industry is 23 an hour for casuals.

fuck yeah cunts.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I wonder how many burgers of EM's has been spat on by fast food workers. This is of course the EM I imagine vocally smarming off to them at the order mic.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Jay wrote:

You know EM, I think everyone on this forum could do your job, just like everyone could work a drive thru. Perhaps you should be thankful that you're paid so well instead of shitting all over others. You're a fucking roughneck, not a rocket scientist.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

They try.  They can't. 

The entry level position that leads into mine (after 3 or 4 other positions) goes through 20-30 people a year.  Revolving door.  They can't handle the heat, they can't handle the hours, they can't handle the workload, they can't handle the fact that it isn't a 40 hour a week job.

Why do you think I'm paid so well?  Because it's a job the vast majority of people can't handle be it either for physical or mental reasons.

As a matter of fact, the job I had back in 2009, when Cybargs came to visit, had seen 5 other people before me in the past 3 years.  1 drank himself to death, one decided he would rather get beat up in MMA fights for a living and was killed, 1 went certifiably crazy, 1 lasted 2 weeks, 1 got cancer and died and then the guy after me was a Silver Star medal war hero who lasted 2 months after I left before he said he couldn't handle it.

I guarantee 100%, none of you slubs could handle it.

Also, I'm not a roughneck.  Also, Jay couldn't handle to being a roughneck for more than.......2-3 hours I bet.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
i could handle it. it just sounds like you deal with a bunch of spoiled pussies.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

13/f/taiwan wrote:

i could handle it. it just sounds like you deal with a bunch of spoiled pussies.
Fill out an application and get your ass to Texas then. 

These "big tough" guys that come in here thinking they are the cats meow usually last about a month.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

If we stopped aid to Egypt it would destabilize the country worse. How hard is that to understand? The best thing we could do right now is not rock the boat.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

If we stopped aid to Egypt it would destabilize the country worse. How hard is that to understand? The best thing we could do right now is not rock the boat.
So you think we should send fighter jets and money to a country with no real government, and what little government they have doesn't like us and shoots protesters in the street?

I understand.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

What makes you think they don't like us? They have no special inclination towards us but they aren't our enemies. We have been supplying their military government for years. We were the ones who helped produce a long lasting peace settlement between them and Israel. You could even call them a regional ally. The military has control of the government as it has always been in Egypt. Everything will be okay.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

What makes you think they don't like us? They have no special inclination towards us but they aren't our enemies. We have been supplying their military government for years. We were the ones who helped produce a long lasting peace settlement between them and Israel. You could even call them a regional ally. The military has control of the government as it has always been in Egypt. Everything will be okay.
Macbeth.......come on man.

The government we supplied for many years no longer exists.  Brotherhood of Islam = friend of America?  Really? 

Also, didn't Morsi end up shooting himself in the foot by essientally declaring Shariah law in the tourist cities?  He basically tried to tell foriegn tourists to fuck off by not letting them have booze, nightclubs, etc etc.  Sounds like a pretty pro-american dude to me.  The current government will end up with who?  With what?  For how long?  Come on man.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
Egyptian 'liberals' and religious-zealots from Saudi Arabia working together. Now I've seen everything.

Macbeth is right about Egypt. It's a powder-keg ready to explode. The only thing keeping it stable is the gas and oil money being poured in from Saudi Arabia and the UAE yet they're still struggling in trying to feed their own population. Egypt has nothing the world needs except a trade route as well as some excellent tv shows/movies only Arabs seem to watch. They should have never given up Sudan.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
EM, the biggest ally to the US in the Middle East is Saudi Arabia. The military that's in place in Egypt is from the era of Hosni Mubarak. This whole coup is a power struggle between the old establishment/Saudi Arabia/UAE and new establishment/Qatar/Muslim Brotherhood. It's not a coincidence this happens a short while after the Emir of Qatar "willingly" gives up the throne to his son. Al-Jazeera isn't even covering up their blatant pro-Muslim Brotherhood coverage following the coup. The US never really liked Morsi to begin with after seeing him open up relations with Iran.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Extra Medium wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Macbeth.......come on man.

The government we supplied for many years no longer exists.  Brotherhood of Islam = friend of America?  Really? 

Also, didn't Morsi end up shooting himself in the foot by essientally declaring Shariah law in the tourist cities?  He basically tried to tell foriegn tourists to fuck off by not letting them have booze, nightclubs, etc etc.  Sounds like a pretty pro-american dude to me.  The current government will end up with who?  With what?  For how long?  Come on man.
And if you watched the news you would have noticed that the military removed the Muslim Brotherhood civilian government. The same military that ran things when Mubarak was around and that banned the Muslim Brotherhood. Why would we want to cut off support to the organization that were our friends before the revolution and just removed an quasi-Islamic government?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Extra Medium wrote:

Jay wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

They try.  They can't. 

The entry level position that leads into mine (after 3 or 4 other positions) goes through 20-30 people a year.  Revolving door.  They can't handle the heat, they can't handle the hours, they can't handle the workload, they can't handle the fact that it isn't a 40 hour a week job.

Why do you think I'm paid so well?  Because it's a job the vast majority of people can't handle be it either for physical or mental reasons.

As a matter of fact, the job I had back in 2009, when Cybargs came to visit, had seen 5 other people before me in the past 3 years.  1 drank himself to death, one decided he would rather get beat up in MMA fights for a living and was killed, 1 went certifiably crazy, 1 lasted 2 weeks, 1 got cancer and died and then the guy after me was a Silver Star medal war hero who lasted 2 months after I left before he said he couldn't handle it.

I guarantee 100%, none of you slubs could handle it.

Also, I'm not a roughneck.  Also, Jay couldn't handle to being a roughneck for more than.......2-3 hours I bet.
silver medal winner from the iraq war with a letter of rec can't handle cougar's job. that's hilarious. ive been to cougars work and the retarded shit he had to deal with... try dealing with employees who decided it was a good idea to pimp out a 300 lb black chick at the back of his truck or the dude who made moonshine and brought it to work.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Is there anything redeemable about EM's life?

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-07-31 15:10:42)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

Is there anything redeemable about EM's life?
Yeah, me.  I'm awesome.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard