Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Read that early, RIP. I ran into him a couple times, he seemed like a nice enough bloke.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
he was chill as fuck
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
come play teds bad game needs bad people o'toole crew hooah
Adams_BJ
yarrr
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Pirates
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
yarr
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
So Feroxes are pretty bad ass.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
Did they get buffed? I remember them being sub par.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
Good for small gang <10 people stuff, especially with those new ASBs. I seem to do quite well in them. Been through 2 battles and I haven't even rigged it yet.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
That new ASB has definitely changed solo pvp forever. Never though I'd see active tank vagas.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
Bump, who is Tridgit?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Adams_BJ
Cant remember
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
was just reading the latest rounds of expansion pack hype for this game, and noticed this image... have they totally nerfed and noobified this game?

https://i.imgur.com/TzR5bVF.jpg

11 gameplay hours to get into a battleship? last time i played, like 2-3 years ago, i'm pretty sure the training would take months.

is this journalistic puff piece just based on very very shitty research?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
without having any active subs i can't check atm, but it's probably about right - but it's a misleading stat.

it's always been quick to get into any non-cap t1 ship, as you only needed a few levels of the preceeding classes trained to be able to physically sit in something. 11hrs sounds probably right considering.

as an actual battleship though, it wouldn't be able to do fucking anything (guns/tank/propulsion/capacitor etc)

f.ex i was able to sit in my first carrier for nearly half a year before it would be considered worth undocking in.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
oh, i see. it was just misrepresenting, then. that's the basic time required to be able to sit in the ship. not counting all the extra shit. i was gonna say. the last time i played was like 2 years ago and i remember spending about 3 weeks even getting freighter core certificates. a battleship was a loooong way off.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
yeah the idea now is that by a few weeks, you should be able to competently fly a battlecruiser in combat. which is decent, because with the new ship rebalancing there's a lot of fun to be had purely out of frig/cruiser level stuff.

edit: "competently" being predicated on the notion that you yourself are a competent pilot, of course, which is far from guaranteed for most new players

Last edited by Spark (2013-05-07 00:35:44)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Adams_BJ
Or even me
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
tommy and his shit BRAVE merlin
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23489293

EVE makes bbc news again, and makes me wish i had the patience/boredom threshold to ever get good at it. every time i start playing the game i realllly get into it, then remember i have to spend about £50 and 3 months just waiting around doing minor tasks... rage.
CC-Marley
+407|6798
I need to join a Corp but I've said this for years. None of my friends or online friends play so I've been care-bearing missions since I started. As for the money, I just have it auto re-subscribe every 6 months so I don't really think about it.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

was just reading the latest rounds of expansion pack hype for this game, and noticed this image... have they totally nerfed and noobified this game?

11 gameplay hours to get into a battleship? last time i played, like 2-3 years ago, i'm pretty sure the training would take months.

is this journalistic puff piece just based on very very shitty research?
To simply undock in a battleship......yeah 11 hours sounds about right.

It would be the same as pulling a car onto the street with 4 flat tires, a engine with a knocking sound, a fuel tank full of water, milk crates for seats and a crescent wrench for a steering wheel and expecting to drive to Hawaii.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
veteran EVE players who have been onboard for a while can never get around the perspectival difference though, and understand that all that pointless waiting is inherently un-fun. all other MMO's have mechanics whereby the effort you put in==the quality of your character/hero/ship/whatever. in EVE, your 'skill' comes from giving CCP money and waiting. zzzzzzzz. i prefer MMO's where you can progress as far as you are inclined to try in 3 months. rather than idling opposite some feldspar and running shitty lvl2-3 missions that are essentially 'autopilot and take this here' for fucking 4 hours a day. it's like a second-job... only you pay them your wages.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
I'm not disagreeing.  EVE is a shit game.  I've quit and come back to it 2 or 3 times and I'm fairly sure the last ditch of the game will be the last one.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
yeah. i feel that way about WoW. i loved the concepts and loved playing it. but i fall back in love with it through a news-story or some event, and just realize it is about as pleasurable as pissing razorblades.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
uzique, if you spent some time getting into it, i guarentee you would be great at it. the game is literally 'the great game' - it's not the pvp or the spreadsheets or killing npcs, it the people manipulation.

the fucking shit part is the time. to be 'that good' (and although tommy will call me a faggot), i was that good and it's a massive rush...but at that point it's a second job.

when i make a new build i'm going to resub though...no other game honestly compares.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard