Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4166|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

Does anyone care that Anthony Weiner cheats on his wife? I would vote for the man out of little more than spite for the moralizers of America at this point.
I do.  Not because of morals or anything but because he is obviously a dumbfuck.  You have to be borderline retarded to do that kind of shit in this day and age when your a congressman. But to then get caught and keep doing it and then think your going to run as mayor and no one find out? 

Dude is obviously a dunce and clearly has bad judgement.  The press conference with his wife was cringe worthy too.  She left every shred of pride she had at the door when she entered.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4166|Oklahoma
A Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots

by Jeff Foxworthy:

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If, in the nation’s largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not one 24-ounce soda, because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If an 80-year-old woman or a three-year-old girl who is confined to a wheelchair can be strip-searched by the TSA at the airport, but a woman in a burka or a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is “cute,” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion, while not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government’s plan for getting people back to work is to provide incentives for not working, by granting 99 weeks of unemployment checks, without any requirement to prove that gainful employment was diligently sought, but couldn’t be found — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big-screen TV, while your neighbor buys iPhones, time shares, a wall-sized do-it-all plasma screen TV and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If being stripped of your Constitutional right to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
jeff fox-newsworthy more like.

so many logical fallacies and bad arguments in that post i don't even know where to begin.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Not that being from Foxworthy would make it any better, but it's still just a chain e-mail with the aforementioned straw men.
The writer should be smacked anyway for thinking the US was founded by "geniuses".
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
i don't always read political science or philosophy, but when i do, it's from this guy

https://www.esellout.com/Images/Performers/50cd9605-8b26-42a1-930f-0d10fabd1fc4_Large.png

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

DesertFox- wrote:

Not that being from Foxworthy would make it any better, but it's still just a chain e-mail with the aforementioned straw men.
The writer should be smacked anyway for thinking the US was founded by "geniuses".
I've never understood the founding father idol worship when people try to argue something they said and apply it to today's moral and social issues.

Geniuses? The Founding Fathers would've let you take an asprin at school!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

AussieReaper wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

I've never understood the founding father idol worship when people try to argue something they said and apply it to today's moral and social issues.

Geniuses? The Founding Fathers would've let you take an asprin at school!
funny thing is the average american can't name more than 5 founding father. or forget the fact that washington and jefferson were one of the largest plantation/slave owners.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

Cybargs wrote:

funny thing is the average american can't name more than 5 founding father.
you*re average bf2s poster did not grow up with the "founding fathers"

1. Ben Franklin - the young kid in class. always fucking around with 'electricity'.

2, George Washington - class president. gave me splinters.

3. Alexander Hamilton - good with numbers, and money. got capped in a drive by by Aaron Inky.

4. Paul Revere - had the horsepower, but the only silver connection in town.

5. John Adams - liked to brag that he was minutes older than Thomas Jefferson, whoever he was.

6. Thomas Paine - pain in the ass, amirite? would post to forums and even sometimes pamphlets, and liked tea. never partied. the so called "Tea Party" actually dug up his corpse and worship it like a god, so i'm told.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
obsessed.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Do the Brits know what we are told about George Washington in kindergarten?  About the cherry tree?   LOL
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Spearhead wrote:

Do the Brits know what we are told about George Washington in kindergarten?  About the cherry tree?   LOL
something about he chopped down a cherry tree and he never lied?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England
Yep, right after we're taught the pledge of allegiance.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
why is cutting down a cherry tree impressive?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

Steve-0 wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

funny thing is the average american can't name more than 5 founding father.
you*re average bf2s poster did not grow up with the "founding fathers"

1. Ben Franklin - the young kid in class. always fucking around with 'electricity'.

2, George Washington - class president. gave me splinters.

3. Alexander Hamilton - good with numbers, and money. got capped in a drive by by Aaron Inky.

4. Paul Revere - had the horsepower, but the only silver connection in town.

5. John Adams - liked to brag that he was minutes older than Thomas Jefferson, whoever he was.

6. Thomas Paine - pain in the ass, amirite? would post to forums and even sometimes pamphlets, and liked tea. never partied. the so called "Tea Party" actually dug up his corpse and worship it like a god, so i'm told.
You are forgetting Benjamin Franklin fucked with more than just electricity, he had his way with the ladies.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

Because when his father asked him about the chopped down tree he said 'I can not tell a lie, I did it'. Total myth passed down by the Charlie Brown cartoons, but it's supposed to show him as a man of character.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
i find it funny it was a gay german dude who pretty much trained the continental army.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Cherry tree
See also: Parson Weems#The cherry-tree anecdote
The most famous story about Washington's childhood is that he chopped down his father's favorite cherry tree and admitted the deed when questioned: "I can't tell a lie, Pa." The anecdote was first reported by biographer Parson Weems, who after Washington's death interviewed people who knew him as a child over a half-century earlier. The Weems text was very widely reprinted throughout the 19th century, for example in McGuffey Readers. Adults wanted children to learn moral lessons from history, especially as taught by example from the lives of great national heroes like Washington. After 1890 however, historians insisted on scientific research methods to validate every statement, and there was no documentation for this anecdote apart from Weems' report that he learned it in an interview with an old person. Joseph Rodman in 1904 noted that Weems plagiarized other Washington tales from published fiction set in England, but no one has found an alternative source for the cherry tree story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Was … herry_tree
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
"Baron" von Steuben? We still have a parade for him in NYC every year
-Frederick Bastiat
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
It's basically a way for mothers to get their kids to fess up to something after they've done something bad. 

"Now Jimmy, what do you think George Washington would do in this situation?  You want to be like George Washington, don't you, Jimmy?"
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
people kinda forgot that people wanted george washington to be king
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Because when his father asked him about the chopped down tree he said 'I can not tell a lie, I did it'. Total myth passed down by the Charlie Brown cartoons, but it's supposed to show him as a man of character.
gotta love those slave owning men of character.

"i cannot lie! but i can keep thousands in lifelong slavery working to make me rich, whilst being paid nothing. i am a good man!"

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-28 07:23:24)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

gotta love those slave owning men of character.

"i cannot lie! but i can keep thousands in lifelong slavery working to make me rich, whilst being paid nothing. i am a good man!"
Different times. You can't retroactively turn someone into a monster based on present morals.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
uuuuh. most western-european people at that time didn't own slaves. hardly like it was a norm.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

Jay wrote:

Different times. You can't retroactively turn someone into a monster based on present morals.
people do it all the time. there's a whole science...ish thing based on that called "history". fascinating shit.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

uuuuh. most western-european people at that time didn't own slaves. hardly like it was a norm.
They were western European at the time. Citizens of the crown and everything. Amazing.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard