unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Spearhead wrote:

We should have mandatory fat camp -- call it the FFF.  Fat fuckers Fasting.  Along with the SSCC -- Soda Size Compliance Commission
Maybe we should regulate cigarette pack sizes to keep people from smoking so much. And reduce 6- and 4-packs of beer to 2-packs. And then charge the same. Popular legislation, that.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
all three of those things are huge financial burdens on the health system, yes. packets and advertisements are limited in those industries, here.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-25 17:28:33)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4166|Oklahoma
Hmmmm, most of the people arguing that the NYC mandates were a good thing and that we should have mandatory fat camps, reduce cig packs etc etc are the same people I see arguing that drugs aren't harmful.

So, the drug war=authoritarian, telling people how much food, beverage or cigs they can have is not?

https://skitguys.com/images/products/hypocrite.jpg
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
a lot of drugs that are banned are not 'harmful'. it's called science. pharmacology. people can test these things. it's a fact that drug prohibition has no medical or rational basis. something categorised with a high-legal fine could actually be chemically safer and less toxic than alcohol. so yes, drug laws are arbitrary. i never said drugs "are not harmful" period. i actually never even said i want drugs to be legalized. i want drugs to be decriminalized. they are very different things. drugs being criminalized causes both private citizen and state a big headache, and helps nothing.

and no one here called for mandatory fat camps. i just said i think it's good the governments try to legislate and crack-down on junk-food and fast-food. these interests have huge amounts of money and very wily marketing/sales departments for getting their products down your gullet. most people are not well-educated on matters of personal health. i'm starting to think these same ignoramuses are people who think that all drugs, because they're classified, are therefore 'dangerous'. like you and dilbert. go read a book.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-25 18:03:10)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

all three of those things are huge financial burdens on the health system, yes. packets and advertisements are limited in those industries, here.
Private health care. Private insurance. You have no say in how others live their lives.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

a lot of drugs that are banned are not 'harmful'. it's called science. pharmacology. people can test these things. it's a fact that drug prohibition has no medical or rational basis. something categorised with a high-legal fine could actually be chemically safer and less toxic than alcohol. so yes, drug laws are arbitrary. i never said drugs "are not harmful" period. i actually never even said i want drugs to be legalized. i want drugs to be decriminalized. they are very different things. drugs being criminalized causes both private citizen and state a big headache, and helps nothing.

and no one here called for mandatory fat camps. i just said i think it's good the governments try to legislate and crack-down on junk-food and fast-food. these interests have huge amounts of money and very wily marketing/sales departments for getting their products down your gullet. most people are not well-educated on matters of personal health. i'm starting to think these same ignoramuses are people who think that all drugs, because they're classified, are therefore 'dangerous'. like you and dilbert. go read a book.
You're no different from them.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
"No Jay! I'm different! I'm trying to help people make better life choices! Those people who have banned drugs and other 'bad behavior' are just ignorant! I know what's best for other people, and if only they would listen to me I could help them! Give me some political power and I'll make the world a better place!"

Said every prohibitionist ever.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
how am i a prohibitionist? you're talking to yourself again.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Private health care. Private insurance. You have no say in how others live their lives.
i don't care if some dumb fat fuck wants to guzzle dr. pepper to an early death or double leg amputation. not one jot.

i have a problem with fast-food companies selling giant trucks of cola to kids, though. or poor parenting. what do you do then? let a parent raise a kid to have type 2 by age 18? to have malnutrition and a terrible diet? culture causes like this are normally what keep people in the lower-classes from ever going up the chain. a healthy balanced diet goes a long way to physical and mental health.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
By cheering on the biggest nanny in America.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i don't care if some dumb fat fuck wants to guzzle dr. pepper to an early death or double leg amputation. not one jot.

i have a problem with fast-food companies selling giant trucks of cola to kids, though. or poor parenting. what do you do then? let a parent raise a kid to have type 2 by age 18? to have malnutrition and a terrible diet? culture causes like this are normally what keep people in the lower-classes from ever going up the chain. a healthy balanced diet goes a long way to physical and mental health.
Kids have nutrition classes in school. I don't think there's a single person above age 5 in America that doesn't know that guzzling massive amounts of soda and eating fast food is bad for you. They do it anyway. People still drink, and smoke, and do cocaine, and drive too fast, and don't wear their seatbelt, and jump out of airplanes. So what? People do what they want. They always will no matter how many laws you write or how much money you spend on advertising campaigns. Instead of getting your thong in a twist, let it go. What others do with their lives really shouldn't bother you in the slightest.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
why are you conflating personal care and anxiety with a socio-political principle? i have nothing to "let go". my view of society and the polis is that people often act contrary to their interests. yes, this will always happen. however where it gets unpalatable for me is when corporations and businesses exploit this tendency/weakness in people to reap profits. i'm not saying ban soda. i'm not in favour of prohibiting anything. just against dishonest marketing/sales techniques.

at the end of the day it's your culture. you can roll around in your own filth all you want. it's only your own national burden.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4166|Oklahoma

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dude..........

Some drugs should be decriminalized because they aren't dangerous and fast food should be regulated on the basis that people don't have self control?

Are you implying that DRUG ADDICTS HAVE SELF CONTROL!?

Cheeseburgers, equally as safe as LSD.  WTF?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Again, using Marxist terminology. You really can't get away from it can you?

Who's being exploited? They're providing a service. Not that it's anywhere near the same level, but is your drug dealer exploiting you every time you ask him for drugs? Or is he simply providing a good to you? People have free will, no one is forcing them to buy ring dings and ho-ho's and coca-cola and McDonald's, they buy it because it's cheap. It's cheap because it's made from crap and stuffed with preservatives that give it a long shelf life. I know you've never been poor or even worked a real job, but do you really think that a poor person with two jobs really wants to come home after work and cook a michelin star quality meal for their family? Cheap is good. Easy is good. Fast is good. It allows people more time to veg out for an hour before passing out. If there was no market, those goods would not exist. There is a market though, and a large one, because of the reasons listed above. Now fuck off and let people rot their teeth in peace. They don't go nosing into your life pointing out your flaws, they're too busy surviving.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Extra Medium wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dude..........

Some drugs should be decriminalized because they aren't dangerous and fast food should be regulated on the basis that people don't have self control?

People jump off rooftops because they ate a bad cheeseburger all. the. damn. time.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Extra Medium wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dude..........

cheeseburgers are more harmful for you than LSD in every single measurable way. LSD never gave anyone high cholesterol or a heart-attack.

please read a fucking book.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dude..........

cheeseburgers are more harmful for you than LSD in every single measurable way. LSD never gave anyone high cholesterol or a heart-attack.

Just stop. You lost the argument.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Jay wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dude..........

People jump off rooftops because they ate a bad cheeseburger all. the. damn. time.
lol yeah the 'guy trips on LSD and thinks he can fly' thing happens all the time. you do realise that is a single useful myth that has permeated every single anti-drugs classroom in the western world? i'm sure it has happened... but how common? weren't you just queefing about people not wearing seatbelts? wtf i am lost.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Dude..........

yes i 'lost an argument' against a person who thinks every drug makes you an 'addict'.

for the record: never said anything should be prohibited. never said drugs should be legalized.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-25 18:35:52)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

yes i 'lost an argument' against a person who thinks every drug makes you an 'addict'.
No, you lost the argument the moment you tried to separate yourself from the prohibitionists you loathe. Your crusade is no different from the anti-drug crusaders' and the anti-alcohol crusaders before them.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Jay wrote:

Again, using Marxist terminology. You really can't get away from it can you?

Who's being exploited? They're providing a service. Not that it's anywhere near the same level, but is your drug dealer exploiting you every time you ask him for drugs? Or is he simply providing a good to you? People have free will, no one is forcing them to buy ring dings and ho-ho's and coca-cola and McDonald's, they buy it because it's cheap. It's cheap because it's made from crap and stuffed with preservatives that give it a long shelf life. I know you've never been poor or even worked a real job, but do you really think that a poor person with two jobs really wants to come home after work and cook a michelin star quality meal for their family? Cheap is good. Easy is good. Fast is good. It allows people more time to veg out for an hour before passing out. If there was no market, those goods would not exist. There is a market though, and a large one, because of the reasons listed above. Now fuck off and let people rot their teeth in peace. They don't go nosing into your life pointing out your flaws, they're too busy surviving.
could you please highlight my 'marxist terminology'? 'exploitation' is not a marxist-derived term.

drug dealers don't advertise on tv or permeate popular culture. mcdonalds purposefully markets itself to kids to get them in the habit of associating mcdonalds with a 'happy time' from a young age. ditto the giant sugar-rush and endorphin craving the whole fast-food trip takes.

i am as libertarian as you when it comes to letting people do what the fuck they want. i just think some fast-food chains market dishonestly and aim their products at a very young market. it creates a habit and dietary lifestyle that is bad for children who don't know better. i have no qualms with adults eating themselves to death just like i wouldn't wish to stop someone from taking heroin if they wanted to.

i also love how you call me all sorts of names for acting concerned for people's health, then you'll pat them with some condescending bleeding-heart "they're too busy surviving" bullshit. drop the rhetoric. it is lame.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

No, you lost the argument the moment you tried to separate yourself from the prohibitionists you loathe. Your crusade is no different from the anti-drug crusaders' and the anti-alcohol crusaders before them.
could you please tell me what i am trying to prohibit?
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4166|Oklahoma

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

could you please tell me what i am trying to prohibit?
Cheeseburgers.

Randy is going to kick the shit out of you.

https://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1075372/randy-trailer-park-boys.jpg

Last edited by Extra Medium (2013-07-25 18:59:29)

13rin
+977|6450
On my bucket list is to get fucked up with Jay and Uzi at the same time...

I envision
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6723|Toronto, ON
Let people do whatever the fuck they want.
Alpha as fuck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard