Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
that is precisely what i am talking about. valve is the golden goose. they can do no wrong. all hail gaben. you can't possibly suggest they are making unnecessary changes to monetize the steam community!!! what an idiotic post. the real reason is that everyone at valve is a stanford PhD grad savant genius and just don't have ordinary human empathy, because, like, they're on such another level. that is why some of their updates are bad. they are just so advanced they don't understand ordinary gamer frustration.

wonder what would happen in the bf3 community if EA brought out a trading card game that redesigned every bf3 stats profile so the people's rank was replaced by their NUMBER OF TRADING CARDS COLLECTED! people would be crying saying EA are the worst thing since the unsliced holocaust.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

wonder what would happen in the bf3 community if EA brought out a trading card game that redesigned every bf3 stats profile so the people's rank was replaced by their NUMBER OF TRADING CARDS COLLECTED!
https://i.imgur.com/Q1TbiDL.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

The stream rating should also take into account game achievements. The playstation network gives ranks on trophies. I think that is fair and accomplishes the same sell more games goal.

The reason I won't ever download origin is because I don't want to have to manage two different download services. I like everything in one place. There isn't anything EA can put out that will interest me anyway.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
Just gave Hawken a go.

It's not bad for a quick, free shooter.
Roc18
`
+655|5783|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Anyone play the alpha of cubeworld yet? It's like a 3D version of Terraria without all the digging and more stuff to do with someone throwing a minecraft look on it. Has alot of potential.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/launchgram/static/img/RelatedProductImages/cube-world/cube-world-screenshot-3.jpeg
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
what would people have said 10 years ago if someone suggested in the future the biggest pc games would be those that look like gameboy-meets-lego.

please just give me back vanilla WoW so i can die in peace.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

The Steam trading card thing is really getting obnoxious, from being bugged about them, to the CARDS! tag on sale items, to even the card emoticon.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Plants vs Zombies 2 is an Apple exclusive. GG, PopCap...

zzzzzzzzzz
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Plants vs Zombies 2 is an Apple exclusive. GG, PopCap...

zzzzzzzzzz
And I read that it's full of micro transaction crap.
E.g. pay after 11 levels to continue with the next 11 levels.
Or, alternatively, play the same 11 levels over and over again until you eventually unlock the next ones for free.

Garden Warfare seems to be the next one for PC:
http://www.popcap.com/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare
Complete with Frostbite engine and modern 3D graphics...

Last edited by globefish23 (2013-07-17 02:03:11)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

They seem pretty optimistic about it.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin
http://www.mmobomb.com/news/end-of-nati … as-a-moba/

I think I liked End of Nations more when it had been indefinitely postponed. Sure the RTS had some beta blues, balance issues, and staff layoffs, but things were looking up! Trion Worlds had taken over production of End of Nations and it looked like it would return at least somewhat resembling how it left.

A new teaser website for End of Nations has shattered those hopes however. Touting itself as “the first MOBA RTS” -a cliche in its own right-, End of Nations is apparently undergoing the MOBA treatment.
Damn it, this game had potential, now it definitely is gonna suck.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
everyone is making shitty MOBA games. what an ill-advised thing. it's gonna be LoL and DotA2 forever, and that's it.
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland
Moba?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke
I admit I had to google it myself, Multiplayer Online Battle Arena.
bennisboy
+829|6638|Poundland

coke wrote:

Is that any different from an RTS?

I'm no longer down with the lingo
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria

bennisboy wrote:

coke wrote:

No.
The strategy has been removed and replaced by mindlessly sending waves after waves of cannon fodder towards the front line.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6262
MOBA, Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, is the least descriptive genre name ever. That could apply to every multiplayer fps, rts etc.

Valve call DOTA 2 an "ARTS", or Action Real Time Strategy and it's about as good at describing what the game is as MOBA.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2013-07-19 13:31:07)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin

bennisboy wrote:

coke wrote:

MOBA has you control 1 guy in RTS view as I recall, this will be the first "RTS MOBA" with you controlling a few guys.

I myself had to look up MOBA, was not happy to find out what it was. I agree that the name is retarded, worse than telling the difference between an RTT and RTS.

Last edited by War Man (2013-07-19 13:41:44)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246

globefish23 wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

coke wrote:

No.
The strategy has been removed and replaced by mindlessly sending waves after waves of cannon fodder towards the front line.
they are totally different. RTS is about base-building, resource control, novel strategies and outwitting/outmanoevring your opponent.

MOBA are about farming, levelling up, buying gear, apportioning stats/levels, and well-coordinated team fights.

MOBA is more like a fusion of (MMO)RPG elements - e.g. levelling, gear, builds - and the PvP/arena elements of said RPG. only its top down. you coordinate farming and team-fights with your team-mates to progress down a symmetrical map, down several tiers of base defenses, until you get to and destroy their base. RTS is nowhere near as symmetrical and you don't have persistent leveling or character farming.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-19 13:46:35)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Well, CoH2 does have profile bulletins and you can take three into the fight. You pretty much unlock them through either normal gameplay over the course of several years or several a night through compstomp farming. But +3% grenadier health or +2% mortar armor penetration isn't going to make TOO much of a difference.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
in a MOBA the way you level your character and in what order or 'build' significantly affects the gameplay. it's like an MMORPG and the talent-tree you have specced your character into. it wins or loses team-fights/games. the COH thing is more like a passive perq. in MOBA the leveling of your character directly determines when you get moves, and at what level.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
So, evidently you can sell these cards along with other items in the Marketplace, which can get you (usually) a small bit of change in your Steam wallet, but it's a handy way to get some cheap DLC you wouldn't otherwise buy, and I can get a small amount of money back for TF2 items I got for free.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I don't think the boon is worth people suddenly bothering me about trading cards that got dropped into my lap.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

The whole steam card thing is one really cynical cash grab. it they wanted the rankings to mean something they would tie it also to acheivements.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
metroid prime series is good stuff
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard