Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
The actions of the black community over the past week just go to reaffirm why a lot of people still hate them.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

Extra Medium wrote:

The actions of the black community over the past week just go to reaffirm why a lot of people still hate them.
Quoted so this sticks around for future reference.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
"Extra Medium is no friend to the black community."

Quote that one, it has more punch.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
You said it, not me. And then you cry about people calling you racist, lulz
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
i think he made it very clear that he did not like black people.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

Macbeth wrote:

According to the American Journal of Public Health, a white woman married to a black man is over 12 times as likely to be murdered by her husband as a white woman married to a white man (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov)
Thats racist, the American Journal of Public Health are all racists.

According to Sociological Quarterly, “nonblack individuals with black partners have significantly more depressive symptoms and less relationship satisfaction than their counterparts with nonblack partners, regardless of respondent race and whether the nonblack partner is the same versus a different race from the respondent” (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov).
Thats also racist, everyone knows NIH stands for Niggaz I Hates cuz they're all racists.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
dilbert you take way too much delight in this stuff.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I'm sure this thread would be a real great comfort to a white woman getting slaughtered by her white husband while her doomed children watch. "At least he wasn't black, I can die in peace."
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Things got pretty uncomfortable in that logic class I am taking. The professor is a pretty redhead late 20s PhD holder from Harvard. The class is small and only has 25ish people. She was having trouble getting the class to raise their hands for answering problems. The class is four hours long with a 30 minute break. Well, last class after break she came back with a serious look on her face and wanted to explain to us why we should raise our hands.

She started to talk about selection bias and how everyone including her have an subconscious preference for white men. And that since there were only 2 girls and 2 black, one Indian, one Macbeth, and one Asian kid, she would already have trouble making sure the minorities got fair enough attention and representation in class. So she will try to call on minorities as much as she could and that the students "shouldn't make an effort to raise your hands for me. You should do it to be fair to your other classmates." >_< She didn't stop there.

A student raised his hand and asked if we could go by whoever raised their hand first. She then started to talk about how minorities usually take longer to ask questions and are more nervous about getting answers wrong. Then she started to make some formulas on the board regarding selection bias and explained some studies that were done at Harvard that showed people had a bias towards white guys. One of the students is an anthropology major and tried to break the awkward by briefly mentioning that they went over this stuff in one his classes. That prompted her to promise she would send out an email to us about this stuff for us to read over the weekend. This is the email.
Dear students,

In class we talked today about implicit bias, and strategies for ameliorating it. I mentioned the philosophy department's website on climate, as well as the implicit bias page on that website. Here are links to both of those sites. You may also be interested in the page on stereotype threat.

You may as well be interested in this recent NPR article on women in philosophy, which discusses some recent experimental work on why there is a gender disparity in philosophy.

Lastly, you may be interested in the NYT obituary of a famous female logician who died recently, Ruth Barcan Marcus. Her work in modal logic is especially influential. In this course, we're just considering the logical form of statements about what is or isn't the case. Modal logic is about the logical form of what could or must be the case. If you're interested in reading more about two formulas she's famous for proposing and defending the validity of, you can look here and here.

Have a great rest of your weekend, and see you on Tuesday!
That was 20 of the most uncomfortable minutes in my college career.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I don't doubt it. Way to single people out and backhandedly make them seem inferior. Dumb cunt.

Par for the course for a liberal though. Feel the wrath of her paternal/maternalism.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Well maybe she will affirmative action my final grade to make up for the implicit bias in the grading system or something lol
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
sounds stupid. you should tell her that good looking people are more successful and tend to get picked more often, too. then ask her if she knows any asians.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-22 18:23:26)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

When we hand in our midterm next week we must only put our student ID numbers on it and not our names to make sure her implicit bias doesn't affect grading. >_<
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
uuuuh all work in UK universities is marked anonymously by candidate number anyway. what sort of amateur fucking place let's you put your name on an essay?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

err everywhere?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
that is dumb. anyone can forge a relationship with a professor. the idea is you submit work anonymously, which is then marked by one professor and cross-examined by another. what's the purpose of putting your name on an essay? is there any need? personal identification of any sort, let alone identity politics or 'discrimination', is not exactly good for objectivity.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
Three black kids beat the shit out of a younger white kid on a school bus for not buying their drugs.

http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles … on-fl.html

Imagine the national outrage if it had been 3 white kids beating a black kid.  Where is Al Sharpton?  Where is Jesse Jackson?  When is Obama going to comment on this?  Double fucking standards.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

what is there to comment about? the kids already have been charged. try again.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
close the trayvon thread then
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

take it to a mod
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Extra Medium wrote:

Three black kids beat the shit out of a younger white kid on a school bus for not buying their drugs.

http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles … on-fl.html

Imagine the national outrage if it had been 3 white kids beating a black kid.  Where is Al Sharpton?  Where is Jesse Jackson?  When is Obama going to comment on this?  Double fucking standards.
Imagine how if it was a black kid beaten up by black drug dealers that it wouldn't have hit the news.

yawn
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

You put it in the wrong thread anyway. We have a thread for racial violence.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

You only opened that one because it had an Asian.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I am not disputing that. But despite the motivation behind it, it is the right place to put something like this. The World Star Hiphop thread would also be a good place if it has a video.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Macbeth wrote:

World Star Hiphop.
lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard