Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

you were born in taiwan to taiwanese parents but you're australian? how does that work? don't accuse me of being racist because i don't know all the petty details of your life bio. all i'm saying is that normally people who migrate and gain citizenship to a nation cannot work for their intelligence services. that's a pretty value-neutral statement. i assumed you were taiwanese by birth because the only fact i remembered was you were born in taiwan. obviously not being a racist. fucking idiot.
gee guess you missed the post where i stated my family has been in australia for 5 decades before federation (1850s).

so what if I was born in Taiwan? dad's a white aussie dude. how many gooks do you know with a jewish/german last name.
am i supposed to know your last name? jesus fucking christ i don't care about your life.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

UnkleRukus wrote:

We're not asking you to be a friend you stuck up prat. You want to debate but show no real effort or skill in debate over the forum at all. Then you throw really terrible insults our way that have no truth to them.
lol i show no effort in debate. ok. your pal wanted to voice chat in the first place because he couldn't put his argument into words very well. don't tell me i can't debate because you guys are weak at writing. this is a forum. learn to compose a written argument or don't contribute.
It doesn't take an English degree and too much time on my hands to know when to stop arguing with a moron.

https://images.junostatic.com/full/CS2038876-02A-BIG.jpg
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

you were born in taiwan to taiwanese parents but you're australian? how does that work? don't accuse me of being racist because i don't know all the petty details of your life bio. all i'm saying is that normally people who migrate and gain citizenship to a nation cannot work for their intelligence services. that's a pretty value-neutral statement. i assumed you were taiwanese by birth because the only fact i remembered was you were born in taiwan. obviously not being a racist. fucking idiot.
gee guess you missed the post where i stated my family has been in australia for 5 decades before federation (1850s).

so what if I was born in Taiwan? dad's a white aussie dude. how many gooks do you know with a jewish/german last name.
am i supposed to know your last name? jesus fucking christ i don't care about your life.
you care enough to make assumptions.

ermergerd grew up and born in asia must be gook. nigga you mustve never heard of hong kong or singapore. all dem brit expats
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

you care enough to make assumptions.

ermergerd grew up and born in asia must be gook. nigga you mustve never heard of hong kong or singapore. all dem brit expats
i know you're asian and i know you're born in taiwan. that is all i remember. i've never heard of your last name. nor have i had occasion to. in britain, if you were born in a foreign country, you can't work in the intelligence services. that is the only point i raised. hardly 'making racist assumptions'.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
I bet if Uzique had been born in Alabama, he'd be wearing a white hood right now.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

if you were born in a foreign country, you can't work in the intelligence services.
according to MI6 you're kind wrong bro

Do I need to be a British citizen?

Yes. In addition, at least one of your parents must be a British citizen or have substantial ties with the UK (if deceased, the parent must have had British citizenship/substantial ties with the UK). You will also need to meet our residency rule. Normally this means that you will need to have lived in the UK for the majority of the last 10 years. British dual nationals may apply but must be prepared to renounce their other nationality before joining if this is required.

https://www.sis.gov.uk/careers/working- … -faqs.html
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
Boom headshot?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

if you were born in a foreign country, you can't work in the intelligence services.
according to MI6 you're kind wrong bro

Do I need to be a British citizen?

Yes. In addition, at least one of your parents must be a British citizen or have substantial ties with the UK (if deceased, the parent must have had British citizenship/substantial ties with the UK). You will also need to meet our residency rule. Normally this means that you will need to have lived in the UK for the majority of the last 10 years. British dual nationals may apply but must be prepared to renounce their other nationality before joining if this is required.

https://www.sis.gov.uk/careers/working- … -faqs.html
i grew up in GCHQ town. i was referring more to that. maybe i am wrong. all i've heard from people applying to GCHQ whilst living at home is that you have to be a brit with a clean record.

none of this still changes the fact i thought you were an asian living and studying in australia. you always joke about 'asian degrees' and 'asian students' and i assumed you were one of them. how was i supposed to know your dad is an albino australian? you paint yourself as an AZN on here all the time so i went with that.

and i'll still be pleasantly surprised if you get a job in the government with an international business degree and your demonstrated intelligence. but sure. surprise me. keep my email for 5 years' time. i'll send you flowers to celebrate.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 08:20:53)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
You don't need a clean record.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
What type of degree do you require?

Intelligence Officer candidates will need to demonstrate strong intellectual abilities. This will usually be evidenced by a good academic record up to degree level (Upper / 2:1 or above). Academic achievement is more important to us than the University attended or the course studied.

guess spooks dont care about what you studied.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Extra Medium wrote:

you definitely can not have any sort of criminal record to work in the UK government. they will vet you out. it is far too competitive. GCHQ vets you and your entire family history. if any of your family have crimes or convictions, you'll be seriously questioned on it. i know this for a fact because a large part of my home-town's employment industry is centered around GCHQ and its associated workplaces. know plenty of people whose families have undergone vetting and all had to sign family-wide confidentiality clauses, etc.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Cybargs wrote:

What type of degree do you require?

Intelligence Officer candidates will need to demonstrate strong intellectual abilities. This will usually be evidenced by a good academic record up to degree level (Upper / 2:1 or above). Academic achievement is more important to us than the University attended or the course studied.

guess spooks dont care about what you studied.
what is required and what actually gets people employed are two very different things. you only nominally need a 2:1 to work for almost any graduate company. but look at a top law firm and tell me what qualifications people actually have. PWC only require a 2:1 but almost all their grads will have 1:1 from a top university in a difficult/selective course. that's what happens when you get 50 applicants for every single vacancy.

you seem extremely naive. it's okay. i'll pm you my email. get back to me in 5 years' time.

also "strong intellectual abilities". LOL. that is you out cybargs. done. look for something else.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 08:24:59)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

you definitely can not have any sort of criminal record to work in the UK government. they will vet you out. it is far too competitive. GCHQ vets you and your entire family history. if any of your family have crimes or convictions, you'll be seriously questioned on it. i know this for a fact because a large part of my home-town's employment industry is centered around GCHQ and its associated workplaces. know plenty of people whose families have undergone vetting and all had to sign family-wide confidentiality clauses, etc.
Lucky Luciano worked for the CIA and he was the biggest mobster in the U.S. during the 40's and 50's.

He didn't have a college degre either.

Last edited by Extra Medium (2013-07-14 08:26:50)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Extra Medium wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Lucky Luciano worked for the CIA and he was the biggest mobster in the U.S. during the 40's and 50's.

rofl. that's an informant. someone who got on the payroll cause he agreed to squeal. not a career diplomat or intelligence officer.

hahahahaha. great example. all cybargs needs to do to get employed by the aussie intelligence services is run a gangster ring for a decade.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Gee not like my dad didn't work for foreign affairs nor any of my other family members served for this country in one way or another. guess im shit out of luck because some guy with a literature degree called me stupid. oh well.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
i'm not saying it's impossible, just saying it's unlikely you'll get a proper diplomatic career without the requisite qualifications. your parents are from a different generation, for a start. different ball-game. back then maybe a university degree wasn't required. nowadays however like - what - 40% of young people have one? good luck differentiating yourself.

big difference between having a serious career as well and 'doing a job', or 'serving for the country'. in fact you need precisely dog-shit qualifications to 'serve your country'. hardly proving an exception.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 08:30:58)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

rofl. that's an informant. someone who got on the payroll cause he agreed to squeal. not a career diplomat or intelligence officer.

hahahahaha. great example. all cybargs needs to do to get employed by the aussie intelligence services is run a gangster ring for a decade.
He was on the payroll.  Once again you don't know what you are talking about.  Also, it destroys your whole "gotta have a degree and clean record" argument.

GG
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Extra Medium wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

He was on the payroll.  Once again you don't know what you are talking about.  Also, it destroys your whole "gotta have a degree and clean record" argument.

GG
ok yes. you destroyed my argument. i'll modify it:

if you want to enter the intelligence services, you either need: a) to have a flawless academic record and a clean background/criminal slate; or b) to be a career-criminal with a life's work of networking and insider-info to provide in negotiated exchange.

there you go. nice one sherlock.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 08:32:47)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i'm not saying it's impossible, just saying it's unlikely you'll get a proper diplomatic career without the requisite qualifications. your parents are from a different generation, for a start. different ball-game. back then maybe a university degree wasn't required. nowadays however like - what - 40% of young people have one? good luck differentiating yourself.

big difference between having a serious career as well and 'doing a job', or 'serving for the country'. in fact you need precisely dog-shit qualifications to 'serve your country'. hardly proving an exception.
oh no guess a degree from my uni means shit because some guy from the internet says so. guess my major in international relations is the wrong degree for working for foreign service, oh noes! not like i don't speak an asian language fluently like our good old prime minister.

naw my dad worked for DFAT because he was on that disability employment scheme. got hit by a drunk driver and busted his leg. then again he was in uni at the time and was a law student. decided to work for dfat instead and got pretty guten postings and got to hang out at the sultan of brunei's palace and was in a yacht club. yeah nigga.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
can you tell me what car he drives? i really give a shit. what colour were the sultan of brunei's curtains?

again email me in 5 years' time. i look forward to it. all i've said is that a: most career diplomats will have hardcore degrees and high academic achievement. nothing controversial. if you think you can wing it with international business and a middling record, more power to you. i tend to edge on the side of pessimistic-realism when it comes to high-flown careers like that. then again i've grown in a country where the school you go to and the subject you do matters. but the foreign services are extremely selective. you're acting like i'm saying wild things by stating you need to be top-caliber to get a job there. and all i've said about your own education is that it ain't a golden goose compared to a communications degree. and you were the only person making value-judgements like that on a subject-by-subject basis. don't be mad. i just applied the same thinking to you. it's just the truth.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 08:39:13)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

can you tell me what car he drives? i really give a shit. what colour were the sultan of brunei's curtains?

again email me in 5 years' time. i look forward to it. all i've said is that a: most career diplomats will have hardcore degrees and high academic achievement. nothing controversial. if you think you can wing it with international business and a middling record, more power to you. i tend to edge on the side of pessimistic-realism when it comes to high-flown careers like that. then again i've grown in a country where the school you go to and the subject you do matters. but the foreign services are extremely selective. you're acting like i'm saying wild things by stating you need to be top-caliber to get a job there. and all i've said about your own education is that it ain't a golden goose compared to a communications degree. and you were the only person making value-judgements like that on a subject-by-subject basis. don't be mad. i just applied the same thinking to you. it's just the truth.
yeah not like the school i go to isnt ranked better than yours, and doing a degree more relevant than yours in the field im going to be working in. GG zique. go analyze some poem and email your reply back asap.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
rofl your school has 50k students and is not very selective entry. don't act like you're more academically gifted. you are small-change. and i'm on the oxford books now anyway, waiting for the funding window and then to be assigned a college, so who exactly are you talking to?

"more relevant than mine for the field"? my chosen field is academia. mine is as relevant as it can be. i never recommended you should study literature to work in the foreign office. i specifically said most will have PPE/politics/history/language degrees. i said old traditional academic degrees tend to still have the most prestige in high-flying careers. almost every single bio of an aussie politician or diplomat i can find seems to support this simple claim.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-14 08:46:58)

UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
Aren't you glad you wasted tens of thousands of dollars for a few scripts of paper?
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

rofl your school has 50k students and is not very selective entry. don't act like you're more academically gifted. you are small-change. and i'm on the oxford books now anyway, waiting for the funding window and then to be assigned a college, so who exactly are you talking to?

"more relevant than mine for the field"? my chosen field is academia. mine is as relevant as it can be. i never recommended you should study literature to work in the foreign office. i specifically said most will have PPE/politics/history/language degrees.
rofl not selective my ass. only reason why it's not "selective" is because of the ATAR system. Gee I guess the uni our prime minister went to is a shit house too because it's easier to get into ANU than my uni.

You don't need to do language degrees to get into foreign service if you ALREADY SPEAK THE LANGUAGE. Yeah I should totes get a degree in chinese when I already know the language. GG. what a great way to spend money on education, learning something you already know. lots of uni's dont offer PPE here in aus, again completely different system.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard