Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida

Roc18 wrote:

First game on metro after a year of not playing.

Played a few of the DLC maps off aftermath and end game. Wasn't impressed by the "Biggest Map in battlefield history" Bandar Desert. I played it on conquest large and it wasn't that big. Daqing Oilfields from BF2 still feels bigger.
Wait a minute...

Roc18 2 months ago wrote:

I was being sarcastic if it wasn't obvious.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
roc in LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME post non-shocker.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

roc y no play planetside
Roc18
`
+655|5783|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Spearhead wrote:

Roc18 wrote:

First game on metro after a year of not playing.

Played a few of the DLC maps off aftermath and end game. Wasn't impressed by the "Biggest Map in battlefield history" Bandar Desert. I played it on conquest large and it wasn't that big. Daqing Oilfields from BF2 still feels bigger.
Wait a minute...

Roc18 2 months ago wrote:

I was being sarcastic if it wasn't obvious.
That screenshot was from about 8 months before I posted that 2 months ago.
Roc18
`

jsnipy wrote:

roc y no play planetside
I tried planetside 2.

In my opinion it's
Too big
Too many people
Too much zerg
No ending
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
also:

no skill
no tact
nothing to really master
no room for any way to excel
mindless
runs like shit

rip planetside 1
thepilot91
+64|6228|Ă…land!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

also:

no skill
no tact
nothing to really master
mindless
runs like shit

rip planetside 1
sounds more like metro , but I guess you opinion would be the same...
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
actually almost all of bf3 was that way.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

also:

no skill
no tact
nothing to really master
mindless
runs like shit

rip planetside 1
Sounds like you play for an hour the day it was released and never again.
Roc18
`
Been playing the Armored Kill, Aftermath and Endgame expansions the past few days. It's not bad but I expected a special forces type of DLC with night maps, gadgets like ziplines and night vision etc. but I didn't get that here.
Roc18
`
Also who plays this still? I've been on alot the past week.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Started playing again after a 4 month hiatus.... playing it on the 360

I enjoy Endgame and Aftermath a lot, especially on rush.  Even the vanilla game is pretty decent.  But I play on one of those servers where they kick you if you do not have a mic, and they prefer it if youre a colonel.  So it pretty much filters out the people who don't know how to play as a team, and most rounds are pretty close and exciting.  Not as good as BF2 of course, but I'd say the element of teamwork is still there, more than any other shooter.  BF3 is okay to play for short spurts, maybe 1 or 2 hours a day over a couple of weeks but after that it becomes pretty stale.  Still can't stand metro.

Dont know if/when I'll be playing BF4.
Roc18
`
Yeah the rush versions of the maps are pretty fun especially end game with the city maps. I like flying the helicopter on armored shield and kiasar railroad as well because it's like noshahr canals in that there's no jets to worry about plus the gunship is easy kills. I went 24-6 soloing in the heli with the TV missile and heli machine gun.
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

Roc18 wrote:

nosehair canals
good map
Roc18
`
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
that guy's animations remind me of the dude who did the harry potter and dbz animations only, in true roc style, he isn't funny
Roc18
`
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I think my face just twisted into a not impressed expression the moment i saw that video's thumbnail. I wouldn't mind a redux of 2142 if they remake it good and not shit, though.
Roc18
`
Bad Company 2 was good. I wouldn't mind a Bad Company 3.

although 2143 is at the top of my list.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

You should be able to blow up the EA and Intel billboards in 2143.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

I'd like to see 2143, especially if they bring back Titan mode, appropriately revamped.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
I reckon Battlefront 3 will feel like 2142/2143.

.. in regards to Titan mode.

Last edited by FFLink (2013-07-12 10:54:37)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
wouldnt mind controlling a star destroyer
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Bad company 2 still looks and feels like a Battlefield game.  No walls/buildings blocking you in, lots of trees/foliage, etc. etc.  BF3 is closer to a cod clone, despite being made for PC.

For some reason I doubt they will make a 3rd BC.  I just think if they did, people would wonder why they didn't include the destruction in BF3.  Remember when they said how FB3 was going to include *more* destruction than BC2?  And remember all the misleading trailers, with carefully edited shots where they made you think that all of those paris buildings would be collapsible?  sigh.  They've "made their decision" already.  Why go back now? 

Started playing BF1943, again.  I like how the explosions/smoke are kind of cel shaded or something.  Its better than the "omg realism" in BF3 where smoke covers everything, framerate drops to shit and everything looks ugly as fuck.  I prefer the colorful/cartoony look of 1943.  The maps are gorgeous.  I've probably already said it here on bf2s in the past, but it really is a true battlefield game.  Planes, boats, tanks and classes are all perfectly balanced.  Plus it also has destruction.
Roc18
`
To be honest I think BF3 is what BC3 would've been if they made one. That's why they're not bothering with the series anymore.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard