Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4243
the original dayz mod was actually good. it was one of the last things to really put a buzz of hype and excitement out in the PC fps community. lots of good stories and immediate community making it good. just like the good old days.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6452|cuntshitlake

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

yep. it's like he completely misunderstood its allure. he's basically trying to create a large-scale left 4 dead, i.e. hardcore cooperative survival game
Left 4 Dead is not hardcore survival though, it's about as arcade as a zombie game can get.

I agree with you on the DayZ issue though. It seems they haven't actually fixed any of the main bugs or irritations around the gameplay of DayZ during the year the mod's been popular: the hackers/scripters, annoying random glitches (especially the glitchy zombies), network problems and combat disconnecting. NOTHING has gone better in any of these for a full year, quite the contrary (zombies were much less buggy last may when I started playing, they fucked them up with the addition of de-aggroing). And none of these seems to be the focus of the standalone.

New content and features are cool but I'd really appreciate if they fixed the fucking game first.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Roc18
`
+655|5780|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I remember paying for the arma mod and installing day z last year. And being bored out of my mind playing it. Also the glitches and slow loading times were unbearable. The core game is shit in my opinion.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4243
what i meant with the l4d comment was a game where killing zombies is the actual focus. in dayz the zombies were almost an after-thought.

roc you just had to play it properly with a few friends. it was incredibly atmospheric. it was also big and formidable enough to have that 'new mmo' feel to it when you started. walking around in the dark with a few of your friends on comms all laughing and shitting yourselves. the first few player encounters and fire-fights. some really good moments.

the core arma engine is pretty bulky. however a shit engine never stopped you dry-humping bf3.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6710|Ireland | Monaghan

Speaking of the mod, played the new patch for an hour or so. Zombies knocking you when you sprint is the most annoying thing fucking ever, literally shouldn't be in the game considering it takes you 50 fucking years to stand back up.

Also there's a video of Rocket playing a standalone build. It's a slightly better video than the other, during the video he mentions in regards to god tier weapons AS-50 etc, that they will be globally controlled eg 2: might spawn in all the servers(all the servers in the whole world),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrQ50J2hU2U

Word of praise for the mod though, some of the moments with my buddy who I played it with were the best gaming moments I've ever had; my butt literally clenched at some of the pro shit we did.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4243
2 AS-50's in the world, LOL. Where does he get this shit from. even WoW's most hardcore legendary weapons had like 2-5 per server. and you didn't lose them when you died. hahaha. I just really think this guy has no clue. like a kid in a candy store.
jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.
rockets next step: cross platform dayz.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6642

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrQ50J2hU2U
so tl;dr "it's a placeholder" "that's a placeholder" "we're redoing that from scratch but it's not actually done yet" "plaesholda"

not sure they ought to be showing it off then if nearly everything is unfinished. And even if they did get all those things working properly there's still some really poor design decisions being made

at least he said that stopping hacking and scripting was their #1 priority
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
DUnlimited
+1,160|6452|cuntshitlake

"I don't give a fuck about E3 as a conference and I don't give care for diverting resources towards supporting it. It's an expo that's going to die and I couldn't care less."

~Dean "Rocket" Hall

source http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1 … otage_and/
thepilot91
+64|6225|Ă…land!
ID be okay with 2 AS50s if there were like to massive servers, but no
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5954|London, England

just fix the hacks and the exploits and the games fine
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6642
Noobest single-handedly created enough as50s with that exploit to ruin the whole game for months

good job noobest
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.
I think they hit something that could potentially be massive with DayZ, I put hundreds of hours and had a lot of my best gaming moments on it. I just think Rocket needs someone sensible to sit next to him and say "No Dean that's a bad idea" throughout his working day. 2 as50's across hundreds of servers? Why? Either make it a more reasonable number or don't fucking bother. The .50's never even affected me anyway. If someone wants to lie on a hill sniping people then they're going to do it either way, the only difference now is they'll be a bit closer and won't have to compensate for distance as much. I suppose if they are closer they might be marginally easier to locate and kill, but a guy with a ghillie suit and a sniper rifle camping somewhere is going to kill you 99/100.

As for the crafting and the dogs, yeah whatever, fine. Add some new stuff to appeal to a broader playerbase and add a bit more longevity, just don't fuck it up (which is usually the case).
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Also that reddit link, he's is one fucking tool and in need of a serious box in the head(rocket).

Tellin ya now boys, this shit will end up like a better WarZ..

Last edited by IrishGrimReaper (2013-06-17 17:49:30)

Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

And fuck me that game is fucking terrible and I hope the cunts who made it die.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6726|Oxferd Ohire
but this was before warz
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

On the road to disappointment men.

jord:
I just think Rocket needs someone sensible to sit next to him and say "No Dean that's a bad idea" throughout his working day
This right here.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4243
it's almost depressing how much discussion and words are still written about dayz today. says something really sad about PC gaming I think. people are fucking desperate. they'll believe in anything that provides a glimmer of hope. this just looks objectively Bad.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6452|cuntshitlake

It HAS been the only glimmer of hope of ever getting a good fps game for years so it's completely understandable.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2013-06-18 01:31:56)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4243
oh come on, dayz was never going to be a long-term thing. it's not exactly quake.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6612|Little Bentcock
or fun
DUnlimited
+1,160|6452|cuntshitlake

adams you're a hermaphrodite
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6612|Little Bentcock
its arma with some zombies added in. ground

breaking.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6670|Disaster Free Zone
I thought it was just a mod to get all the griefers together to grief each other to keep them from griefing in other games.
DUnlimited
+1,160|6452|cuntshitlake

Adams_BJ wrote:

its arma with some zombies added in. ground

breaking.
Arma without any of the forced military shit, character progression (through loot), open world without objectives and yeah, zombies. Anyone calling it bad or boring probably a) hasn't played it with friends or b) hasn't got much time or patience for a game. The atmosphere of DayZ was definitely ground breaking when it first got popular.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard