Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6520|775

Oscar 3 Mike, this is Echo 4 Romeo over

That's how a Corporal with the last name starting with R calls a Captain with the last name starting with M over the radio in the Marines.

The Ex counts for the Enlisted ranks E1 - E9. The Ox counts for Officer ranks O1 - O10. I forget what they do for Warrant Officer ranks, but it might be something like Whiskey Oscar and probably a Charlie for a Chief Warrant Officer.

Last edited by Guardian_Ekim (2009-12-18 07:48:59)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

FatherTed wrote:

in before swiss people who think they're marines.

seymorebutts443 wrote:

inb4bradthinkingheknowseverythingaboutthis.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6566|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

FatherTed wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

in before swiss people who think they're marines.

seymorebutts443 wrote:

inb4bradthinkingheknowseverythingaboutthis.
touché
mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6408|Germany
whiskey tango foxtrot?
USMCDoug
Disabled
+0|3938
LMAO @ Some of these responses.

As for your question. It is not complete.

Jericho would be the group designation.
1 would be the brigade.
??? You need to add a squad #

For instance, Jericho 16 would be, Jericho Company, 1st Brigade, 6th Squad.

Now when someone says Actual, the only time that you hear that is when it is the officer in charge. For instance, let us pretend that I am the leader of Jericho-16. If i were to use the comms and order an airstrike, I would start out saying Jericho 16 Actual. This way, the person to whom I am trying to communicate would understand that I am the leader of the group. If I should be killed, then the second in command would use the Actual. If I am not dead and I order a strike using my XO to call it in, he would say, Jericho 161.

Each member, following the chain of command is issued a number following the Jericho 16. So, if you are 3rd in rank, your callsign would be Jericho 163.

I hope that clears it up. Don't listen to these others. They are not really in the USMC or any other branch. If they were, they would know the proper procedures in regards to Callsigns.

Foxtrot 42 Actual, out.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
thanks for the info
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4166|Oklahoma
WhiskeyTango 34 Actual over.
Karbin
+42|6265

USMCDoug wrote:

LMAO @ Some of these responses.

As for your question. It is not complete.

Jericho would be the group designation.
1 would be the brigade.
??? You need to add a squad #

For instance, Jericho 16 would be, Jericho Company, 1st Brigade, 6th Squad.

Now when someone says Actual, the only time that you hear that is when it is the officer in charge. For instance, let us pretend that I am the leader of Jericho-16. If i were to use the comms and order an airstrike, I would start out saying Jericho 16 Actual. This way, the person to whom I am trying to communicate would understand that I am the leader of the group. If I should be killed, then the second in command would use the Actual. If I am not dead and I order a strike using my XO to call it in, he would say, Jericho 161.

Each member, following the chain of command is issued a number following the Jericho 16. So, if you are 3rd in rank, your callsign would be Jericho 163.

I hope that clears it up. Don't listen to these others. They are not really in the USMC or any other branch. If they were, they would know the proper procedures in regards to Callsigns.

Foxtrot 42 Actual, out.
Different branch's work callsigns differently. Country's work callsigns different then others. Even the so-called NATO standard isn't.
Sunray 5-2 Alpha, out.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Its shifty!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
I think it would be nice if they used more friendly call-signs, maybe those hillbillies who shot up the Iraqis in the wikileaks video wouldn't have been so trigger-happy if the had had a different callsign from 'Crazyhorse'

"Cuddlebunny 1 to Lala Land - Come in Lalaland"
"Lalaland here - go ahead Cuddlebunny 1"
etc
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

The military is the thing people do when they don't have anything else better to do with themselves after high school.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
all these call signs are just silly codes to make little boys with no real knowledge feel like they are privy to some exclusive code or intelligence. it is stupid.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

all these call signs are just silly codes to make little boys with no real knowledge feel like they are privy to some exclusive code or intelligence. it is stupid.
well... if it works...
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

And then they want to be cuddled for the rest of their lives after they get out because we tell them they are heroes for sitting on a base in some foreign country while getting taken care of and paid.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
I read a report that 85.7% of troubled Vietnam vets were actually just lapsed junkies who missed the black tar heroin really bad. it was covered up by the rothschilds though because they don't want the world to know they have a wheelchair-bound army of zomby skag heads doing their bidding.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You keep talking about heroin, you really should get on and give it a go.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
you keep talking about successful lives, you should get off your moms desiccated left tit and really start being a full functioning adult.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm not the one harping on about things I'm too scared to do.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
Dilbert everything you say about people not leading successful lives is a projection. your entire thing about hipsters, artists, and girls with nice butts is that they're all people who lead infinitely more compelling lives than you. you snipe from your parents basement. you are going to die lonelier than a street urchin with a ten-bag habit.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Can you keep this in one thread? I want this to stay on the subject of loser veterans (rapist).
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

If your daughter serves her country by joining the military, there’s a fair chance she’ll be raped. In the U.S. Army, her odds of being sexually assaulted are 1 in 5. She’s in more danger of being molested by a fellow soldier than becoming a battlefield casualty.

If she ever reports the assault to a superior officer (fewer than 14 percent do), the chances that her rapist will go to trial (8 percent) and be convicted (6 percent) are ridiculously, criminally small.
http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2 … pe_cu.html
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Sorry, Uzique can't stop bringing heroin into every thread.

OT: Its an efficient system, if a bit camp.

I'd also like to see warships given more firendly names, HMS Timid would be nice an bring a smile to people's faces. HMS Fearless is just going to put people's backs up before its even arrived.

Historically we used to name bombers after dull northen towns, or mildly annoying insects, The Avro Lancaster and De Havilland Mosquito having been our most effective weapons in WW2, then there was the Fairey Firefly - that conjures a nice picture, not one of U-Boat crews drowing in freezing water.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
i think veterans have a higher incidence of bringing up heroin than me. i've never tried heroin.

as for mentioning it in 'every thread', i continually mention it in response to one guy. it is funny. you evidently are very dense.

also one of my family members has married into the de havillands (an uncle to one of their daughters). i'm sure you will be absolutely enraptured to know.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-06-17 03:39:31)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its not relevant to military call-signs and no, its not that interesting.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
just another way my status succeeds yours in almost every single demonstrable sense

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard