Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
because you were only doing it to troll and try and derail the thread. not to discuss his music. mods aren't as stupid as you are.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

because you were only doing it to troll and try and derail the thread. not to discuss his music. mods aren't as stupid as you are.
fair enough.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
this record is single-handedly the most impressive progression in drum'n'bass i have heard thus far in 2013.

really exciting. seems to be picking up a lot on the atmospheric/slowed vibe of nonplus/exit records, and a lot of lee gamble style stuff. honing in ont the quiet ambient interludes that used to splice old jungle records - if only for 16 bars. evoking the whole 'death of rave' theme that seems to overhang a lot of 'producer's producer' drum'n'bass nowadays.

zomby's new stuff seems to evoke the same sort of feeling of loss/absence. it's like one big funeral for jungle.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-06-05 11:55:51)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
WTF is this shit?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
going to contribute?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
night slugs / fade to mind time.

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

going to contribute?
Nah, I kinda passed through the electronic-a-ish phase, not really my thing anymore.  Still think the older artists made the best stuff though, almost seems like the newer artists were just trying to reach that same level or simply come close.  I'm sure the artists that I liked are lame as far as your concerned though.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
everyone says that about music, ever. old days are always better.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

So I listened to the whole new daft punk album. Not sure why they picked get lucky as the single. I thought it was one of the weakest songs on the album. I guess it has mainstream appeal but the album shouldn't be judged on it.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
take it to the daft punk thread
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
yoozeek
Banned
+1|4465
don't think anyone is judging the album on 'get lucky'. think they're judging it on the atrocious remaining parts.

Macbeth wrote:

So I listened to the whole new daft punk album. Not sure why they picked get lucky as the single. I thought it was one of the weakest songs on the album. I guess it has mainstream appeal but the album shouldn't be judged on it.
what song did you like? 

hehe   
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
this guy has a new album coming out. very different vibe. my girlfriend actually brought my attention to this.

wow. my gf is rad. so is this. get onboard.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
brilliant record from the folks over at Long Island Electrical Systems

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
app is free on itunes right now. i know 0 about dj'ing but if you wanted to start/play around for shits, evidently this is a decent one and hell, it's temporarily free, why not give it a go

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
i picture jackmaster's whole life being one big mdma high

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
amazing new material from paul woolford.

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
Thumbs down.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
feel free to contribute something anytime

do you even have sound-systems in oklahoma? or are you all still playing honkie-tonk with an upturned bucket and a horse-string?
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
We don't have these sound systems you speak of here.  We try not to be, to quote South Park, faggots and be obnoxious to random people on the street.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
right, because that makes sense.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
100% classic 10/10 would relive again

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
just in case anybody was curious: