Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Seeing Deftones this coming Wednesday. I don't care much for other's opinions about music because everyone has an arsehole *snicker*
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Jaekus wrote:

Seeing Deftones this coming Wednesday. I don't care much for other's opinions about music because everyone has an arsehole *snicker*
I'm jelly.  Saw them a few weeks ago and already want to see them again badly.

/fanboy
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Trent Reznor just announced a new NIN album has been worked on in secret the past year and is now finished and will be released this year, fuck yeah!!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Jaekus wrote:

Trent Reznor just announced a new NIN album has been worked on in secret the past year and is now finished and will be released this year, fuck yeah!!
Just saw the news on FB. Soooooo excited! Still waiting for a gig in Finland but nothing yet on the giglist No monies to travel abroad to see them atm.
worked on in secret lol
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
haha i thought that was funny too. ooooh the mystique! as if every artist announces their progress with their new productions, or has a documentary crew following their every move.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam
I went to see Mount Kimbie and Vondelpark last friday.
Now I've seen both before at the same event, but this time Mount Kimbie really stole the show. Last time, Vondelpark was about to release their new album and dropped a couple of new tracks that I had not hear before, but this time Mount Kimbie had the honour of playingg some of their (then) unrealesed stuff which I hadn't heard before. Not the bet venue for MK (was okay for VP), but still an excellent show
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
shame the new album sucks balls glad you had a good time though! it's always nice to see instruments used to present electronic stuff.
Ultrafunkula

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

haha i thought that was funny too. ooooh the mystique! as if every artist announces their progress with their new productions, or has a documentary crew following their every move.
He's one guy who really doesn't mystify his work I think he just wanted to work in peace and quiet with the NIN album without outside pressure and that he succeeded in. Never suspected that while producing How to destroy angels material and various movie soundtracks he all along made a new album. Anyhoo, as long as I get new Nine Inch Nails songs playing LOUD in my speakers I don't care!
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

shame the new album sucks balls glad you had a good time though! it's always nice to see instruments used to present electronic stuff.
I find instruments in electronic music to be one of the most pleasant live experiences.
I haven't heard the new album yet (getting to it). There was only one track form the new album that they played during the live show that didn't really blow me away all that much as the rest of the new ones did.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
it's a pretty bad album. not sure if critics are gonna slam it or love it, just b/c it's kimbie. the vocals suck.
it's festival season ;
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/975065_10151703082282642_2061649939_n.jpg?oh=eb1236372d116f531e485ea230d05725&oe=51A94D2C&__gda__=1370095889_6b8a9110265b3bf18e37d743275d411b
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
But cocaine is all natural. 

Just like uranium.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
i'm not sure the picture was trying to imply that cocaine is "organic".
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i'm not sure the picture was trying to imply that cocaine is "organic".
I'm not sure I was either.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
You know what else is all natural?

Bears.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4165|Oklahoma
and I don't want any bears in my breakfast cereal.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4812|Amsterdam

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

it's a pretty bad album. not sure if critics are gonna slam it or love it, just b/c it's kimbie. the vocals suck.
I've given it a listen and it's definitely not as good as their previous work, but to simply label it as bad? No. It isn't really bad, more mediocre, which really seems to be a trend these past months.
Doing their own vocals was a risky move which didn't really pay off imo. It has it's moments but pales in comparison to their previous vocals.king Krule's contribution is negligable an unnecessary.
Decent stuff here and there but it just doesn't have the vibe their other stuff has. Regretfully a 6/10

Typing this on my phone was a real pain

Last edited by Kampframmer (2013-06-05 03:34:28)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
"it isn't really bad, more mediocre". not sure if something is being lost in translation but generally speaking "mediocre" is considered 'worse' than "bad" here. "bad" is pretty soft, like an antonym of "nice" or something.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Just bought a ticket to see Karnivool at Luna Park on August 4
Ultrafunkula

Got photo accreditation to Puistoblues (Parkblues in ingles) next saturday. Not really a fan of blues, but hey atleast I get more exp on live gigs with my camera.

George Thorogood & The Destroyers and some other bands I've never heard of are playing.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Ultra, Karnivool are touring Europe in a few months. I reckon you'd dig them a lot so you should see if you can get along to a show.

http://www.karnivool.com.au/tour
Ultrafunkula

Listened a couple songs. Pretty ok music, but I doubt I'd enjoy them live.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
aussie/nz has the worst music scene i've ever heard
Ultrafunkula

AC/DC is far from worst. Except 4/5 of the band members are UK born so... yeah

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard