Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

13urnzz wrote:

i play the powerball, every now and then. i'll never hit all the numbers, but it makes for a nice daydream.
I play two different lotto's weekly. Just need to have money on the gambling account and it's all automatic from there on. Besides the national lottery there is a Scandinavian lottery called Viking Lotto. At one time I noticed you could use these numbers in the game, so I did. I've won about 50-60€ with them so far. It would be funny to see how many use them, if the numbers get all picked

https://drbristol.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/lost-numbers-on-hatch.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Lost was a stupid show.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5698
tv is stupid in general but lost fans were some easily impressed people who thought it was genius material.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

wat do da nubas men? - Typical Lost fan
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

13/f/taiwan wrote:

tv is stupid in general but lost fans were some easily impressed people who thought it was genius material.
lost was proof that you can half-assedly name a few characters after philosophers, with nothing in common but that namesake alone, and people will spend hundreds of hours on internet forums talking about the show as if it is imbued with some deep philosophic consonance and meaning. little did they know they were (literally) making that shit up as they went along, with no clue whatsoever. all the 'deep' parts were in fact millimetre-thin adornments. what a joke.

the new black sabbath album uses the same schtick. make a lazy allusion to some philosophy/something 'weighty', but then don't treat the subject matter at all. it's 'deepness by association', only the association is about as tenuous as a 14 year old's upper-lip bumfluff passing as a moustache (and equally as adolescent).
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

I like how they tied so much random stupid shit into the show that the absolutely only way the writers managed to think of a way to wrap it all together is to claim they were all dead the whole time. What a kick in the teeth for fans.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
the 'and it was just a dream!' or 'they were all dead, this is a figment of imagination' type resolution is the sort of plot ending that made russian narrative formalists want to drink cyanide en masse. it's the sort of ending that even a child's tale being marked in kindergarten would receive a red-circling for. it is the lamest exit strategy possible. the 'it was all a dream!' type resolution basically has all of the rigid logic of an inexplicable deux ex machina. only at least the latter has the possibility of being inventive, or clever. the lost ending was so inane it was nearing the level of non sequitur.

i actually feel like i'm getting dumber myself, analysing lost with latinate terms.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

The show wasn't named Lost because everyone was lost on an island after a plane crash. It was named Lost because all of the people werelooking for something personally before they enter heaven. Aren't they clever?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
it was called 'lost' cause that's what happened to a whole load of your time if you watched it
Cisse
+63|4368
Fuck sake I signed a full time contract, no more random days off for me

pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock
I saw maybe half an episode of lost.

What was the big deal about it
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Adams_BJ wrote:

literally nothing. just one of those 'omg everyone at work is talking about it' things. light on content, heavy on hype and gossip.

a lot like game of thrones. made up as it goes along.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Yeah, but GOT has tits.
Adams_BJ

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

literally nothing. just one of those 'omg everyone at work is talking about it' things. light on content, heavy on hype and gossip.

a lot like game of thrones. made up as it goes along.
hey
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

GoT is a good show. A song of fire and ice aren't great books though. Interestingly the GoT author was born in ny hometown and said his experienced here inspired much of the books
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Macbeth wrote:

GoT is a good show. A song of fire and ice aren't great books though. Interestingly the GoT author was born in ny hometown and said his experienced here inspired much of the books
same as j.k. rowling and tolkien with where i'm from.

still ain't reading the harry potter books in a hurry though.
Adams_BJ
the books are a good enough read tyvm
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
maybe if you're a fucking MORAN
Adams_BJ
I'll have you know, zique, that your face is a MORAN
Adams_BJ
like to see you come back to that.

don't know who you're messing with.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6716|Riva, MD
Just took a nap for two hours so I could maybe be ready for this night shift in an hour.  Today's my first day on it.

Day shift was really cool, hopefully night shift is too.
Wreckognize
+294|6484
Workin at a hotel the other night. 
A check in's last name was Finray.
I smirked briefly.

Last edited by Wreckognize (2013-05-13 21:11:17)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England

Wreckognize wrote:

Workin at a hotel the other night. 
A check in's last name was Finray.
I smirked briefly.
Is Finray an actual name? I thought it was just a play on Finlay.
Adams_BJ
It is in Finnies case
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

I need to get a summer job. State's unemployment is 9% so I can't be picky. I will be a great barista.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard