Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5593

Take it to EE and stop spamming the mass death thread.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5706

Adams_BJ wrote:

I want a chain.
deal. we should consummate our marriage just incase. do you catch or pitch?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6630|Little Bentcock
I pitch. Although Rick just made a good offer.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Adams_BJ wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

you are stupid
I'm just trying to figure out what 'so, no' means. I didn't ask a question. Or a yes or no one anyway.

stupid.
I believe this is the standard for everywhere except for america
No, it isn't a special map that all Americans use. Yes, it is aesthetically unappealing.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5593

I really like the name Tamerlane. I prefer it to the more correct Timur. Never met a Tamerlane or Timur in real life.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6782|Moscow, Russia

Macbeth wrote:

Take it to EE and stop spamming the mass death thread.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5706
Should be renamed to "Official Mass Shooting In USA thread." That's all it ever is.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6744|Oxferd Ohire
thats all mac cares about
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
13/f/taiwan
+940|5706
that's all anyone should care about.

usa#1
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6697|Tampa Bay Florida

Macbeth wrote:

We mourn some more than others. There is definitely a belief that the poor deserve what they get in this country. It is why people are okay with repressive police tactics like stop and frisk but are willing to go to war over someone asking them to take off their shoes at the airport. America doesn't care about the poor people in it. And I refuse to play the role of a good American and wave a little flag and say "God bless America. Why did the terrorist do this?". If we want to consider ourselves the land of the free and a place of equality for all we either better live up to it or just drop the attitude of greatness. We live in a repressive place and that is why our citizens unleash mass death on each other in the streets. Until we come to terms with the truth about our country and culture I'm staying out of it. So I'll pay my taxes and not cause violence but beyond that I refuse to take part in American society. I refuse to be a hypocrite and go to little community events and donate to the police and thank veterans for blowing up poor people on the other side of the world. And I'm sure as hell not going to mourn the results of America's internal oppression.
While I sympathize with this sentiment you also have to put it in perspective.  People like the Chechnyan uncle don't have any qualms about saying how great the USA is.  Things are fucked up in this country now, to be sure, but there was never a time in history when they weren't.  Even veterans like Jay will tell you that they don't buy into bullshit.  I'd say that more than half of the veterans IRL I've known do not buy into the bullshit.  I think only 20 -30 percent of the country buys into the "America is perfect" sentiment.  Most of them are hard-right evangelical Christians.  Everyone else just tries to live their life without fucking things up worse then they already are.  If you think things are bad now, how about Korea/Vietnam?  Black kids getting blown up in the south, getting drafted, and couldn't even eat in a restaurant.  Your views are not nearly as uncommon as you think they are.  I think you just need to get out of the house a little more.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4262
most people just want stability and prosperity. they don't give a fuck about politics or ideology or conflict with neighbours. the chechen uncle isn't really "saying how great the USA is". i think you are misreading the chechen attitude. i think it's more like 'america offered a land of exile, and it was peaceful and prosperous'. that's about the extent of their concern/stake in american society. if he said anything more than that, i get the feeling he was being rather diplomatic for the media. i honestly don't think any dyed-in-the-wool chechens are going to talk about "how great the USA is". their country almost rivals poland for when it comes to being the back-garden bitch of world super-powers. their culture is extremely 'traditional', nigh on reactionary, and quite radically islamist. again, main criteria: peace and prosperity. somewhere that isn't being blown up by putin.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4262

Narupug wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

and this is why I refuse to mourn dead Boston people. This mind frame is more popular than not among Americans. And if society isn't going to care about the poorest among it then I'm not gong to care about society. I eagerly anticipate the next bombing.
I am sorry, but...WHAT.   My apologies if some sarcasm was lost in translation, but that is just insane.  When people die in any, bombing, shooting, or the like, we mourn them, there is no "I am going to make a political statement and not honor these people."  No one is saying that by mourning the dead in an attack like this you agree with the way society gives preference to some events over others.  I mean no disrespect, but get off your high horse.
i actually get macbeth's point, though. a society can only be judged on how it treats its poorest and most disadvantaged. america has an overwhelming focus on idolizing the 'winners', the multi-billionaires, the handsome young GI's who get dispatched off to corners of the world to do the government's bidding (and know not of what they do). comments about "gang-bangers" and "it's just drug-dealers with guns" are very telling. you don't really care about your poor, your tired, your huddled masses. your news-media consistently misrepresent them, or portray them (for dramatic effect and hence commercial gain) as 'bogeymen'. nobody wants to talk about the endemic social problems that leads to high-rates of gun crime, gang violence, and drug abuse in (predominantly black) sections of your society - nobody wants to address the inequality, the poverty, the lack of opportunity. instead you're willing to turn a blind eye to literally thousands of people dying on your home soil every year. macbeth does have a point. america is woefully blind to her own ailments, but all too ready to pass judgment on others.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-23 03:02:58)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6697|Tampa Bay Florida
Peace and prosperity, at any price.  Welcome to Amerikur.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5365|London, England

Adams_BJ wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

no

I believe this is the standard for everywhere except for america

Why would you cut an entire continent in half just to fit yourself in the middle?

e: link seemed broken
That layout seems more common here than the Americas-in-the-center one, so no.
no what? It's standard in everywhere including america?
ya
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5593

Fox news keeps it classy. Commentator makes argument to halt all student visas for Muslims while we figure out if we want to keep the ones we already have here.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4262
the ironic thing being that most of america's best students and scholars come from foreign visas. most islamic students clever/motivated enough to come to the states on a visa are probably far higher-performing than dumb shit frat boys.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6113|eXtreme to the maX
SAUDI Arabia reportedly sent a written warning to the US about Boston Marathon suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev last year and refused him entry to the country over security concerns.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia wrote to the US Department of Homeland Security about the older Tsarnaev brother in 2012, a senior Saudi official says.
The official told the Daily Mail the warning was based on intelligence from Yemen and was separate to concerns raised by Russian intelligence.
He also revealed Tamerlan was refused an entry visa into Saudi Arabia for the Mecca pilgrimage in December 2011.
Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26 and his younger brother Dzhokhar are accused of carrying out the April 15 bombings at the Boston Marathon, which killed three and wounded more than 264 at one of the world's premier sporting events.
The Saudi official said the warning, which was also shared with the UK Government, was "very specific" and warned "something was going to happen in a major US city".

The "government-to-government" letter "did name Tamerlan specifically", the official told the Daily Mail.
An official from Homeland Security denied the department had received any such warning from Saudi Arabia.
"DHS has no knowledge of any communication from the Saudi government regarding information on the suspects in the Boston Marathon Bombing prior to the attack," an unnamed offical told the Daily Mail.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13/f/taiwan
+940|5706
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22494128

well turkey, this is what happens when you support terrorism in a bordering country. so much for "zero problems with our neighbors"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6630|Little Bentcock
Take that, mothers. This is what happens when you try and take our gunz!
13/f/taiwan
+940|5706
At least three people were spotted running away from the scene after the shooting on North Villere Street in the 7th Ward neighborhood at 1:45 p.m. At least one suspect was described as a man between the ages of 18 and 22.

New Orleans Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said there may have been as many as three shooters, and that two different types of weapons were likely used.
-Sandy Hook shooter's brother
-Boston Marathon observers/victims
-Ariel Castro's brothers

The news never misses an opportunity to incriminate innocent people!
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4202|Oklahoma
Saw the New Orleans shooting on the news so I went and bought a Sig Sauer P938.

Why?  Because fuck you, that's why.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6666|BC, Canada
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me. Have fun living in fear.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5043|Massachusetts, USA
Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard