unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'll have to pay attention later to hear if they actually fix the economy at the end of the year, which might tempt me in again. I'd still love to play GW2, but never really got around to pressing on after my uninspiring first two hours.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

How do you like Vic 2: HoD?   I like it but the problem of Vic 2 still being such a light game still is a problem. Just not to much to do compared to CK2 and EU3 imo. What do you think?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I haven't gotten around to Heart of Darkness. I've still got it on my wishlist (I think), but I'd like to finish another few games first and grab it when it's cheaper than $20. If you run out of stuff to do, there are still bunch of mods for Victoria 2. I think the game is easy on the eyes compared to some of the more scrunchy tryhard charts on some of the other Paradox strategy games. Still love CK2/EU3, though.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

They have some cool stuff coming down the pipeline. I'm more excited for East vs West then I am EU4. I still have a copy of HOI I never played. Whenever I tried on my old laptop the whole thing shut down for some strange reason even though the newer ones worked well. So I am cool for now. GS made a good point that you should wait a year after any of their games come out for them to get it right. I have to agree.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Good old Vicky 2.

https://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/486623652417193170/E2DC0D7B079383931053A9B5676B2490FE2531C5/
https://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/486623652417262545/42A3F4C7AA5C5393F04FD9333A745C7B12EBD286/
https://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/486623652417263979/CA71B0DF7D2CD5880189658239B1DFE858DF311A/
https://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/486623652417263410/47AA1457224951989EEAB73606645C8A041EE321/

Fuck yeah.

(go to console, tag ENG, declare containment war vs USA, lols ensue)

e: also as for waiting, generally true the more complex their game is. I wish I'd waited for HoI3. It's still glitchy, but on release it was just BAD.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

1859. Shit that was quick. I'm still on my first game but it is 1926. I played as Russia and tried to stay under 25 infamy since I was unsure what would happen when I went over (in EU3 you get horrible events on top of the war). Now I can field over a 1000 units unmobilized and 4 times that mobilized so I am just grabbing whatever I can in the time I have left. Well over 100 infamy.

i know it is strange to say it is a light game when I'm still on my first campaign but I considered starting another one and just couldn't think of anything I would want to do.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

There are mods you can grab that make playing insignificant nations more fun. Other than that, playing something like Sokoto is a complete borefest. I'll have to see what HoD adds.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'll have to pay attention later to hear if they actually fix the economy at the end of the year, which might tempt me in again. I'd still love to play GW2, but never really got around to pressing on after my uninspiring first two hours.
Checked my email tied to anet. There are SO MANY login attempts from fucking China. If only they had a "block this region" option from account options, I could stop getting this spam.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
my gw2 account got banned shortly after i quit. apparently it had hacking attempts made against it, too. i pre-ordered the damn game and only logged in < 10 times. too much of a headache to get it unbanned. that game will be fucking dead within a year.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

https://i.imgur.com/B5oSTT3.png

FUCK OFF!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
yeah they really dropped the ball on their account auths. loads of accounts got hacked in the first few weeks after the game's launch. they reaaaaally dropped the ball.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

My GW account was broken into at one point and the least valuable stuff in it was taken. Like a major vitality rune and some shitty raw materials. Never happened again, but that doesn't stop China from trying. If I could set my account to auto-ignore attempts from that region, I'd probably get like a couple of these messages every five years.

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

my gw2 account got banned shortly after i quit. apparently it had hacking attempts made against it, too. i pre-ordered the damn game and only logged in < 10 times. too much of a headache to get it unbanned. that game will be fucking dead within a year.
Curious. I'll probably log in again at some point just to see if mine's still alive, but I first have to muster some cares. Logged into GW1 and was surprised to find people not only still playing, but calling for gate monkeys so they can spam XP for the level 20 in the Ascalon (?) noob zone achievement.

Huh-huh. "Ass-calon."

e: I also unwrapped like 20 freaking "birthday presents."
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

Anyone play in the Marvel Heroes betas?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Blood Dragon

Save a scientist, get a reward. Watch him randomly die to some unknown source of electricity five seconds later.

Carry on.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA
Spec Ops: The Line is 75% off. Goddamn this game is awesome. Fucked up, but awesome.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Cisse
+63|4339
have you finished it yet?  ending is awesome
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke

Cisse wrote:

have you finished it yet?  ending is awesome
Good game.
Chou
+737|6761
Nobody plays Defiance?
Ok...
Canin

Need for Speed Hot pursuit is 4.99 on steam. Is it worth it?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
i didnt like the driving. but i only played for a couple minutes
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Canin wrote:

I just looked at the page on Steam and am pretty uninspired. I don't think it knows what it's even supposed to be. Even the reviews/advertising can't make up its mind between MMO and Diablo-like. Oh yeah and more founders' club bullshit.
Canin

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Canin wrote:

I just looked at the page on Steam and am pretty uninspired. I don't think it knows what it's even supposed to be. Even the reviews/advertising can't make up its mind between MMO and Diablo-like. Oh yeah and more founders' club bullshit.
I played in a closed beta and the open beta last weekend. I think its more Diablo-like than it is an MMO. If I play it once it goes live, I wont be buying any founders package. F2P means I am not forking out a dime. If I cant win the game that way, oh well.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I spent some money for more item storage on Path of Exile and don't consider it a waste for a F2P. Made a weapon glow with some leftover points, and I'm good to go. I've been playing it regularly for awhile now, which is more than I can say for some of the games I've actually bought (may dust forever gird their jackets).
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Week later on Path of Exile: I may have played enough at this point. Pretty mixed impressions on the community. Some are helpful, but the majority seem as mute as Gordon Freeman, making me think I'm playing in groups with bots. Perhaps I am. Or perhaps the person who grabbed my gloves of unlimited powah is secretly ashamed and doesn't want to own up to the fact.

I still think the mechanics are wonderful, but the expiration timers on tagged drops just turn the entire pub experience into a "stand back and watch the ground for drops" minigame while one or two people are forced to do the dirty work. I've lost two very good uniques because the timers are ridiculously fucking short on good items, and lag sometimes prevents you from picking them up unless you move away and try again. I regret nothing, but seriously...if you aren't playing with friends, don't bother.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard