DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

Mutantbear wrote:

both people have access to the whole budget wtf shits not hard
Not hard, but fk'n stupid.

Just connect 2 mice to your comp and you can fight it out there.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I know this is an old drum of mine, but was it really necessary for them to omit the version number at the end of the title? Why has this been so popular lately for all kinds of franchises?

I mean, what does it ever accomplish? Are they trying to appeal to some false sense of nostalgia? All it does is give home librarians a headache in the future and confuse the Steam game list.

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
"You know what else really grinds my shit?"
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I know this is an old drum of mine, but was it really necessary for them to omit the version number at the end of the title? Why has this been so popular lately for all kinds of franchises?

I mean, what does it ever accomplish? Are they trying to appeal to some false sense of nostalgia? All it does is give home librarians a headache in the future and confuse the Steam game list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEVzPCY2T-g
Don't inflict your OCD on the rest of us ;P
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Better that than fat. ;P

Also, the SimCity games would be better if you could get kicked out of office for being a retard. At least Tropico has an excuse for you to stay in power.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEVzPCY2T-g
You really need to find more important things to worry about.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
Is it going to be on PS3 or 360?

What if you got a city next to yours and the guy quits playing.... and his city goes to shit..... and fucks your shit up?
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Better that than fat. ;P

Also, the SimCity games would be better if you could get kicked out of office for being a retard. At least Tropico has an excuse for you to stay in power.
or kicked out of office for smoking crack
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

west-phoenix-az wrote:

What if you got a city next to yours and the guy quits playing.... and his city goes to shit..... and fucks your shit up?
I can remember playing the firts Simcity on PS1 back in the day.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Adams_BJ wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

First Sim City? PS1? lol

You don't remember that. Maybe SNES, but not PS1 - Sim City 2000 was on PS1.

I used to play it on my PC in CGA, that and Populous and Prince of Persia...
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

Bertster7 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

First Sim City? PS1? lol

You don't remember that. Maybe SNES, but not PS1 - Sim City 2000 was on PS1.

I used to play it on my PC in CGA, that and Populous and Prince of Persia...
ah yeah, that was the one. Can't blame me, I couldn't even read the title back then

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2012-11-05 14:38:15)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

Bertster7 wrote:

Populous and Prince of Persia...
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6359
my shitty neighbor issue has not been addressed
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN
Anyone pick this game up?  I ended up buying despite the issues and always on DRM.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

No. If I want to go play a Sim City, I'll reinstall 4. The new one has too many things going on that I hate. The only lure for me are the curved roads and fancy interchanges.

If only it allowed you to build across the entire landscape provided rather than just small parcels of it, EA would have gold on their hands. But alas...
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN
I think they were going with a multiplier version of Simcity and thats why cities are so small.  Its different for sure.  I haven't decided yet if I like it or not.  I have Simcity 4 installed and have been playing it as well.  I actually like the simplified utilities.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I can tell by the youtube videos alone that I don't like it. From a few of the let's plays I've skimmed, the constraints are quite limiting.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland
it's quite simplified, but its fun
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland
limited replayability though
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Naturn wrote:

I think they were going with a multiplier version of Simcity and thats why cities are so small.  Its different for sure.  I haven't decided yet if I like it or not.  I have Simcity 4 installed and have been playing it as well.  I actually like the simplified utilities.
Their stubborn stance on the multiplayer issue is off-putting. Want to build a city solo and not have someone mess around with your bus stops? You're gonna have a bad time.

Fuck off, EA/Maxis.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Naturn wrote:

Their stubborn stance on the multiplayer issue is off-putting. Want to build a city solo and not have someone mess around with your bus stops? You're gonna have a bad time.

Fuck off, EA/Maxis.
Erm, no one else can change your city at all dude...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'm pretty sure I saw that in gameplay vids where people were going from area to area finding things to adjust. Regardless, their "company is always right" stance on the game is extremely off-putting.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN
No one says that the company is always right.  I think they were trying something new and at the same time trying to "fight" piracy in their own way.  They fucked up with the launcher and promising people this and that and not delivering, but I still enjoy the game.  I also enjoy Simcity 4.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

That is very tolerant of you, considering their elitist stance on the whole forced-online anti-piracy countermeasures that "aren't really anti-piracy countermeasures but a way to make people have a good time because if we gave this game an offline mode (which is technologically impossible) they wouldn't have a good time at all, end-of-story, and there's no way we're ever going to change based on demand." I'd rather play 4.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
I saw they released a Nissan leaf DLC.  An electric gas station with a giant advertisement painted on the parking lot.  Classy!

Cant wait for them to release the subway dlc.  Or the highway dlc.  What about a dlc that will fix the fucking game first?  oh well

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard