13urnzz wrote:

i look out my window on a ski resort. It was snowing earlier today;

i went for a run in tshirt and shorts today
I'm playing golf in an hour.
Shut up.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

Come visit burnzz. We can break bread and play.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Come visit burnzz. We can break bread and play.
Only if you check in on Facebook, and update your status . . .
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England
70 degrees here but no baseball to watch because it's snowing in Burnzland
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
perfect.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada
So hungry, but these painkillers are making me so nauseous.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Smoke weed
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada
Can't. Weed makes me even worse than the painkillers.  Switching to lots of extra strength  tylenol.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2013-04-18 02:25:23)

Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6471|6 6 4 oh, I forget

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Can't. Weed makes me even worse than the painkillers.  Switching to lots of extra strength  tylenol.
Good night. Also, why are you on painkillers?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6189|Roma
dont know what to do now. Been so busy last few days out in the sun in Rome
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada

Ultrafunkula wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Good night. Also, why are you on painkillers?
Had surgery for yesterday. T3's make me puke but this other stuff seems to make me want to as well. And when the surgery is on your abs, puking is not really an optin.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

No issues with nausea after gallbladder removal, thankfully.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
never had surgery or a serious injury. suckers.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

i've never been stopped for being brown.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5257|foggy bottom
ive been stopped for being brown.  not just by the one times
Tu Stultus Es
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6750|Toronto, ON
I hyper-extended my knee because someone nearly completed a kneebar on me in my jiu-jitsu class (I was too stubborn to tap out).

Now I have problems jumping.
Alpha as fuck.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

Nyte wrote:

I hyper-extended my knee because someone nearly completed a kneebar on me in my jiu-jitsu class (I was too stubborn to tap out).

Wait you were in class and someone hyper extended your knee because you didn't tap out? So your class allows you to finish moves if your training partner doesn't tap? Sounds like you need a new gym, dude.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Aren't knee injuries one of the worst you could get from BJJ?
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6750|Toronto, ON

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Wait you were in class and someone hyper extended your knee because you didn't tap out? So your class allows you to finish moves if your training partner doesn't tap? Sounds like you need a new gym, dude.
Because I was telling them I was fine when he had me in the kneebar.  With me squirming around it didn't look apparent that I was in danger.

Then I started to feel some pain and thats when I tapped, which by then was a bit too late.  I don't do BJJ anymore because of that but it was a fun experience nonetheless.

The word "finishing moves" is applied very loosely.  The attacker doesn't really really know the limits of your body, some could be more flexible and some could be more rigid.  It'd be kinda pointless if a school allows training partners to apply a loose hold and win.  You have to be able to train to escape and breaking out of holds is one of them.

Obviously moves like a neck-crank (which isn't really BJJ) you don't finish.  But things like rear-naked chokes, kimuras, americanas, kneebars, armbars, etc have a possibility of escape.
Alpha as fuck.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6750|Toronto, ON

Macbeth wrote:

Aren't knee injuries one of the worst you could get from BJJ?
Probably.
Alpha as fuck.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6669|UK
Yeah.  You're not (officially) taught knee-bar techniques till you're a brown belt which is approx ~8 years formal training, because of the severity of injury.  My instructor would only teach black belts.  They'll DQ you in a BJJ match under IBJFF rules but its fair game under MMA, see Frank Mir on Brock Lesnar.

Unless he's a brown or black belt Nytes claim seem to been knee bar'ed seems dubious, of course some random noob studying youtube videos and managing to pull one off on him is a possibility however being tapped by a youtube superstar is laughable.

Last edited by m3thod (2013-04-19 12:56:43)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6750|Toronto, ON

m3thod wrote:

Yeah.  You're not (officially) taught knee-bar techniques till you're a brown belt which is approx ~8 years formal training.  My instructor would only teach black belts.  They'll DQ you in a BJJ match under IBJFF rules but its fair game under MMA, see Frank Mir on Brock Lesnar.

Unless he's a brown or black belt Nytes claim seem to been knee bar'ed seems dubious, of course some random noob studying youtube videos and managing to pull one off on him is a possibility however being tapped by a youtube superstar is laughable.
I was neither.  I went to BJJ self-defense classes (I think it was 40 sessions of ~2 hours each) and it was just 2 instructors.  There was no belt ranking system.  You just paid money and went to these somewhat rushed pre-made classes with each session covering something with light sparring.  They weren't supposed to be full on BJJ classes with conditioning and all that (although it certainly helps).  They were more for getting your feet wet into the world of BJJ without really dedicating your life to it.  And that was good enough for me.

And yes, there were quite a few younger folks part of the worldstarhiphop and youtube MMA generation that wanted to try out stupid moves.  Obviously the instructors would stop if it was really stupid.
Alpha as fuck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard