M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

globefish23 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Considering China is definitely in this one, I wonder if they'll remake any of the old PLA maps. I imagine Karkand will probably return (though I can't see how different they can make it).

FFLink wrote:

I would like a Songhua remake.
Yeah, I liked that map too, because there were only transport choppers in the sky.
It was unique among all BF2 maps with its dense, partially impassable bamboo forests.

I'd like to see a Great Wall remake.
Pretty much the most iconic Chinese landmark.

Also, I really liked Operation Blue Pearl.
Incidentally, that map was called "Shanghai Showdown" during development, and AFAIK, there is going to be a depiction of present-day Shanghai in BF4 as well.

Also, Dragon Valley and Fushe Pass are pretty good maps based in China.
Though the conditions had to be just right, I remember Songhua having some of the best infantry fighting in the game, around that flag to the south nestled in the forest. I would love to see that remade, or at least a map based off it. There have never been many thick woodland/jungle maps in BF.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I used to like Fushe Pass because of the hilly terrain.

It's a real contrast to modern Battlefield maps that are all completely flat.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2013-04-10 08:20:06)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

A Fushe remake would be good as well, especially if they added in the uranium mines stated in the description, like the tunnel on Damavand. Mix up some long and close range fighting.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

THIS is what I've been saying since BC2 fucking FLATLEFIELD !

even fucking zatar has got maore terrain than all the bf3 maps together (exept alborz)

remember the swompy/forresty-lowland map in bc2 ,had a huge dam in the distance first look of that made me kubra 2.0 ...nope
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

thepilot91 wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

even fucking zatar has got maore terrain than all the bf3 maps together (exept alborz)

remember the swompy/forresty-lowland map in bc2 ,had a huge dam in the distance first look of that made me kubra 2.0 ...nope
Oh, Kubra Dam!
That's one master piece as well. The epitome of vertical game play.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

globefish23 wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Oh, Kubra Dam!
That's one master piece as well. The epitome of vertical game play.
those corridors wich allowed you to get from the bottom to the top inside the dam (almost all the way) was truly

god  I miss those things from old BF: USEFUL "eastereggs" <3
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

If we're talking about maps to remake, I'd love to see Shongua Stalemate again. It was one of the few maps where vehicles didn't completely dominate, and was great fun with squad tactics and competent commanders.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624
So basically, they should remake BF2 with all the modern bells and whistles and decent netcode, sans the blinding, over-done lens flare...

I'd buy that before buying whatever BF4 is going to be.

Last edited by -CARNIFEX-[LOC] (2013-04-11 21:09:01)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

So basically, they should remake BF2 with all the modern bells and whistles and decent netcode, sans the blinding, over-done lens flare...

I'd buy that before buying whatever BF4 is going to be.
Fuck the modern bells and whistles, fuck them all. BF3 looks nice as art, but is fucking horrible to play in because it is just too complicated. The graphics are messy and overwhelming. Graphics should only be there to enhance not hinder gameplay.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

The series made progress in a lot of places that I would miss if went back to BF2 HD. A lot of rose tinted glasses around here. There was reasons we stopped playing BF2. Because a lot of things sucked in it.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
still playing bf2 , no glasses
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA
I still play bf2 from time to time and have a great time when I do. If the servers were populated properly again, I would definitely play it often. No rose tinting here, just a fantastic game
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

Macbeth wrote:

The series made progress in a lot of places that I would miss if went back to BF2 HD. A lot of rose tinted glasses around here. There was reasons we stopped playing BF2. Because a lot of things sucked in it.
If there were servers with more then 10 people on them I'd be playing BF2 now, same with BF1942 and BF:V. I'd also be playing CS1.6 instead of source or go if there were any populated servers for much the same reason. There is nothing, I mean that sincerely, nothing at all new from any BF made after 2 that I would miss. Graphics, singleplayer, unlocks... all are just gimicks to cover up piss poor gameplay.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2013-04-12 22:25:28)

thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

DrunkFace wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

If there were servers with more then 10 people on them I'd be playing BF2 now, same with BF1942 and BF:V. I'd also be playing CS1.6 instead of source or go if there were any populated servers for much the same reason. There is nothing, I mean that sincerely, nothing at all new from any BF made after 2 that I would miss. Graphics, singleplayer, unlocks... all are just gimicks to cover up piss poor gameplay.
well said sir, but where do you live? , there are a few well populated servers in EU (64/64 almost 24/7)

Last edited by thepilot91 (2013-04-13 04:11:46)

Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6297|Australia

thepilot91 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

well said sir, but where do you live? , there are a few well populated servers in EU (64/64 almost 24/7)
He's from Australia, same as me. There really is very little in the way of BF2 servers up nowadays down under.

That being said, I have played more BF2 in the last few months than BF3. It's a better game. As DF said, there's nothing new in BF3 that I would honestly say is better then BF2.
The only major problem I saw in BF2 was the dominance of air power on some maps. It was far too easy to take out tanks with the TVGM on the choppers and dumb bombs/LGMs on the 2-seater bomber, especially since armor really had no way of fighting back. And infantry had no chance against the MG on the chopper, or against sudden bombing runs by the jets on contested flags. This was especially noticeable on maps with the carrier/F35, where half decent players in the jets/chopper could hold the entire US team back.
I think BF3 swings too far the other way though, and it's stupidly easy to take out aircraft. I think this is mainly due to the addition of so many fire-and-forget weapons, along with so many of the vehicle abilities being locked away in the unlock tree (including the countermeasures to aforementioned fire-and-forget weapons - seriously, who was the moron at DICE who thought that was a good idea?).
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

He's from Australia, same as me. There really is very little in the way of BF2 servers up nowadays down under.

That being said, I have played more BF2 in the last few months than BF3. It's a better game. As DF said, there's nothing new in BF3 that I would honestly say is better then BF2.
The only major problem I saw in BF2 was the dominance of air power on some maps. It was far too easy to take out tanks with the TVGM on the choppers and dumb bombs/LGMs on the 2-seater bomber, especially since armor really had no way of fighting back. And infantry had no chance against the MG on the chopper, or against sudden bombing runs by the jets on contested flags. This was especially noticeable on maps with the carrier/F35, where half decent players in the jets/chopper could hold the entire US team back.
I think BF3 swings too far the other way though, and it's stupidly easy to take out aircraft. I think this is mainly due to the addition of so many fire-and-forget weapons, along with so many of the vehicle abilities being locked away in the unlock tree (including the countermeasures to aforementioned fire-and-forget weapons - seriously, who was the moron at DICE who thought that was a good idea?).
Ow I really feel truly sorry for for that

But I think bf2s air superiorety is well done hence: 1 good player in an aircraft is dominating a bup game , altho get 1 good player in the opposite teams plane = balance, OR if you have a squad of atleast 3 cooperating players in stingers that jet is severly restricted/ downed , I think its fair since you get a maximum of 2 planes per team and theres 32 potential players able to use teamwork to take them down...bf3 is all about cod style 360 noscope showoff killstreaks, but I can agree that on some maps (wake) 2 planes can hold down all the enemies airforce just by raping.,.but then again , spawnraping=not so fun ay?
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

Last edited by thepilot91 (2013-04-14 07:19:32)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

How is that a trailer parody?
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
uses bf3 ingame footage
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Oh, I couldn't tell with the lack of glitching vehicles. But wouldn't that make it a video remix?
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
to claridy, I lol'ed because it's so true (what newb said) not because it's any kind of parody
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya

Probably a more accurate trailer

(reposted from cybergamer)
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
rofl brilliant

hatEArs gonna hate
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY