KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

they hate us so much their pop groups sing protest songs about us, then tour the US feverishly.

I work in a building full of Koreans and Taiwanese and Chinese.  Should I ask them what they think?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5963|London, England

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Speaking to the Wilson Center, Katherine Moon notes that while the majority of South Koreans support the American alliance "anti-Americanism also represents the collective venting of accumulated grievances that in many instances have lain hidden for decades."[107] In the 1990s, scholars, policy makers, and the media noted that anti-Americanism was motivated by the rejection of authoritarianism and a resurgent nationalism, this nationalist Anti-Americanism continued into the 2000s fuelled by a number of incidents such as the ‘IMF’ crisis.[111]

"Dear American" is an anti-American song sung by Psy.[112] "Fucking USA" is an anti-American protest song written by South Korean singer and activist Yoon Min-suk. Strongly anti-US foreign policy and anti-Bush, the song was written in 2002 at a time when, following the Apolo Ohno Olympic controversy and an incident in which two Korean middle school students were killed under the wheels of a U.S. Army vehicle, anti-American sentiment in South Korea reached high levels
that is a bit of a booboo
Ah they'll get over it. We kill americans all the time and america still likes us
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

its mostly because their woman like white guys more than the koreans.
i hate to break this to you, but that is not true. my best friend who lived there for a year, no homo a pretty damn attractive white dude by all standards, reported that the 'hot' and top-class korean girls only want to date rich korean guys. dating white dudes is a huge stigma in the korean family culture. it is not thailand or cambodia. they do not want a white husband for the social status. they want a pure relationship with a rich and materially flashy korean guy. in korean culture, which is pretty mono- and insular, dating a white dude gets you mad dissed. generally speaking the only ones that go for white dude's are fuck-ups or ugly women, just the white beauty standards/compass can't tell that by asian standards they are considered undesirable.

the best case scenario is a young 20-something korean hottie wanting a (very much temporary) white boyfriend in a phase of 'rebellion' against family values. rebellion that will promptly be tamed when she marries a korean with a sports-car and financial security.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-02 12:46:40)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

they hate us so much their pop groups sing protest songs about us, then tour the US feverishly.

I work in a building full of Koreans and Taiwanese and Chinese.  Should I ask them what they think?
korean-americans are apparently seen as a different race in korea. korean-americans actually suffer racist abuse from koreans. lol. could not make this up. that's nationalism for you.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

korean-americans are apparently seen as a different race in korea. korean-americans actually suffer racist abuse from koreans. lol. could not make this up. that's nationalism for you.
they're too american to be considered koreans.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
mind you, we fucking hate aussies.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

mind you, we fucking hate aussies.
pretty much the entirety of asia does as well. aussies go out and get pissed drunks and destroy shit. i wonder why nobody likes aussies overseas lol.

asian girls only want white guys for 2 things: one night stands and a half-breed child (maybe citizenship as a thrown in bonus). Girls from "upper status" in Asia would never be caught dead with a white dude (unless they met them overseas). white dudes in asia are seen mostly as "people who can't get laid/jobs back home so they come to asia to steal our women and teach english."
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Racism is still alive and well in the world. Sobering.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

they are Koreans, not Korean-Americans.  None of them are US citizens nor were they born here.  My other comment was a joke.

Most asian cultures see the foreign-born asians as another subcaste.  Japanese treat them inferior.  Koreans do too.  Chinese have a whole separate term for them - ABC, or "American-born Chinese".
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Roc18 wrote:

Racism is still alive and well in the world. Sobering.
You and other black people should be grateful you live in America.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
Seriously, I can't log in here from work anymore until this overt racism shit goes away again.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

where's the overt racism?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

Typical Jay accusing everyone of racism
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

There was a guy on the Escapist who talked about that, and I'm pretty much in agreement. On some level, I process game violence as just as fake as Tom & Jerry.
I don't think desensitization to violence from video games just means not being bothered by gore. It also means a bunch of other things like general empathy. You can't tell me call of duty kids have as much empathy for people who experience warfare as a person who doesn't ram that shit into their brain 12 hours a day.

You think books can radically change people's perception of reality and people. Why can't video games?
<--violent media exposure since the early 80's. Books, movies, art, games and the internet. Then I watch something like a guy geting his leg snapped in a basketball game and want to claw my eyes out.

I think my perception of cartoon vs real violence is just fine. I'm certainly desensitized to the lame "FINISH HIM" combos of Mortal Kombat, but reality is still strikingly, well, real.
Did you not read where I said it goes beyond gore?
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697
i love the conversation my post started. we need to discuss race issues more openly in this country. i only had one professor who would talk openly like this about race. the rest were too scared of ruining their careers before it even started.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
lol. jay throws out his ultra-liberal tears shit all the time because he thinks it makes him look socially conscientious. though he freely rails on jewish stereotypes, macbeth's racial background, and all other sorts of discriminatory/prejudicial shit all the time. jay is the worst sort of liberal. he just likes to properly feel sorry for himself and racial minorities every now and then, in moments of liberal penitence.

and yeah cybargs, i know that's the way koreans see english-speaking people in their country. bit stupid but that's just the consequence of confucianism and recent modern nationalism, i guess. most of the people i know teaching english in korea have degrees from top universities, better than any education-is-god korean families, and are just doing it for the money. it's kinda funny they look down on them as 'lower status' people.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-02 14:25:04)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

I don't think many people who teach english in Asia are doing it for the money or are filling in an economic empty spot. Teaching in another country is a well off people who want the experience type thing.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6648|Washington DC

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

where's the overt racism?
None.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

OH just banned like 5 people right now probably
Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
I went to the doctor today. because of years of abuse and genetics, i have 2% brain function. that, coupled with my Thalassemia has assured me that my last vice will kill me.

i would trade every drop of racism in my body if uzique would stop being an asshole to every member of this forum.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
there is no 'overt racism'. dilbert made a spurious scientific argument in d&st that most people laughed at. it wasn't 'overtly' racist, though. maybe his own bigotry and blind prejudice, but definitely not 'overt'.

roc used the term "faggy" a lot so i used the n-word a few times, to prove a point that roc's "fag isn't offensive" counts for all social groups.

nobody is being racist.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
nobody hates aussies, what you trying to pull mate?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black
shut up cunt
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
fuck you, you aren't even a pom, you're worse
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253