Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4840|Amsterdam

Spearhead wrote:

More melo-dramatic singleplayer with a lame plot?  sigh

Hopefully the multiplayer will be different.
hahahahahahahahahahaha

no
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6461|cuntshitlake

Adams_BJ wrote:

But the thing was, there was a big gap between 2 and 3. It was exciting to see the new fresh look to the franchise. The graphics were so different, the sounds so different, everything was new.

This looks the same as 3, with the exact same sounds (getting shot is a little different though). Everything is the same.
BF3 was continuation to BC2 which was continuation to the console only BC.

BF2 will never get a real sequel, they buried the Refractor 2 engine to make way for shitty console-focused Frostbite.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252

Spearhead wrote:

More melo-dramatic singleplayer with a lame plot?  sigh

Hopefully the multiplayer will be different.
hopefully the government will give me a £10,000,0000 cheque so i never have to work again
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
10 thousand millions?  Dang thats a lot to ask for
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

This shouldve been the theme song
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252

Spearhead wrote:

10 thousand millions?  Dang thats a lot to ask for
i think it's a hope worth hanging onto
Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
So will Chuyskywalker name this forum bf4s since BF4 is coming out this year?
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!

Roc18 wrote:

So will Chuyskywalker name this forum bf4s since BF4 is coming out this year?
probably not...that'd be a good thing if you ask me
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

BF4 is going to be the thing to bring this forum back to life
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252
ha ha
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Why so cynical?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
Battle CoD 3.1
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Macbeth wrote:

BF4 is going to be the thing to bring this forum back to life
i thought of it more as the last nail in the coffin
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
I think BF4 will be the time for me to give up gaming once and for all, once BF3 dies. Just haven't got the desire to sink money into a PC nor time into a basically useless recreation.

Last edited by Jaekus (2013-03-30 10:33:35)

Roc18
`
+655|5789|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
DICE is EA's moneywhore now. Every year there will be an overhyped Battlefield release. They realized Battlefield and Bad Company series were becoming the same game.
thepilot91
+64|6234|Åland!
moneywhoring started at BC2...one game 3 platforms...game over
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252
yep. bad company was the start of the shift away from pc design principles to a wider catch-all market. people who lament 'bf4' as an 'insult' are jokers. bf3 and bc2 were just as bad. just your standards are lousy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

The nice thing about BC2 and BF3 were the single player campaigns, I guess, but I don't think it was worth being at the cost of dumbing down multiplayer.

I think I'll play some BF2 this week.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
SP was not the nice thing silly!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria
I only played BF3 single player when my internet connection was down and stopped somewhere half-way through.
It felt like being strapped to a trolley, being pulled through a corridor, shooting at pop-up cardboard targets.
Plus a lot of over-dramatized Hollywood movie blah-blah in between.

Instead of single player, they should rather have made more coop missions, and support at least 4 players.
Basically to have an online, multiplayer version of the BC2 single player campaign, with a squad of all four classes.
Then you would at least have some basic teamwork going, something which the Battlefield franchise stands for.

BF3's campaign just feels not intuitive. They strip down the features from multiplayer and force you play their Hollywood scripted way.
If I want proper single player, I play Fallout New Vegas or even Far Cry 3.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Adams_BJ wrote:

SP was about the ONLY nice thing. Everything else felt like a downgrade, except destructible blah-blah gimmickry.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

SP was about the ONLY nice thing. Everything else felt like a downgrade, except destructible blah-blah gimmickry.
Compared to other single player games it was abysmally awful.
E.g. Deus Ex 1, System Shock 2, Half Life Series, No One Lives Forever 2,...
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252
i really have no idea who could play bf3 or a modern warfare's single-player and talk about it with any sort of satisfaction or praise.

these must be the same people who discuss in-depth the latest episode of 24 on internet forums

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-03 05:31:05)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
I thought the Bad Company series actually had a pretty original singleplayer format.  The characters were funny and it actually gave you some open-world freedom in the way you approached specific objectives.

(also, the guns sound so much better than BF3)

CoD modern warfare 1 was probably the best sp campaign in fps history.  Mw2 jumped the shark.

Bf3 was utter shit and this one will be too.  You can tell just by looking at it.  My respect for EA would go up 1,000 percent if they just had the balls to say "you know what?  the last time we tried this it fucking sucked and was a waste of money.  now we're just going to do what anyone else would, and make this shit multiplayer only"

I think they are afraid of being sued by some assholes who buy the console version at gamestop thinking there is an offline mode.  Console players are not known for being sophisticated enough to read the details on the back of the box.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252
bad company had a bit of humour to it, but i mean, the single-player was formulaic and the gameplay was shit. all that objective/item collecting and list-checking... console to the max.

cod modern warfare best fps single-player in history? lol...........................................................................

i really don't know how to take you seriously when you come out with all these old elitist complaints, but then strap yourself in and claim cod4 was such a rootin' tootin' good time. no consistency.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-03 05:47:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard