Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Not interested at all.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

BF3+expansions were an extended beta that many were so kind to pay for at each step of the way. It provided a flagship title to launch Origin with, to work out some of the kinks from Battlelog, and let them "perfect" the PC-console bastardization of the series.

The best BF4 CAN be is a "best of both worlds", which is essentially a guarantee of failure to meet expectations from the PC crowd. How many promises for BF3 were met upon release? That game was/is a botched mess to this day, and it was (supposedly) in development for longer than BF4 has been. I have extreme doubts about BF4 presenting anything further than what BF3 already has, which is to say...mediocrity.

And the parties responsible for envisioning Premium exclusivities should have their genitals slathered in honey and dipped in a hill of fire ants. Unfortunately, I'm sure that gem of a marketing plan was the first thing on the list of bullshit ideas to carry-over...
I kind of have to disagree

While I won't be defending BF3 as a whole I do not think Premium was nearly as bad as it COULD HAVE been.  You were essentially paying 50 bucks for another 16 maps.  The Special Forces expansion for BF2 was cheaper, yes, and it had much better value for your money, but as a whole I don't think Premium was all that bad.  Even though I hated Close Quarters and I cannot play Armored Kill because I play it on console. 

Here's a list of things BF4 could use the most:

Better netcode, hitreg (obviously)

Consistency of outcomes.  If I've got the drop on someone, and have a better weapon suited to the range, I should kill them.  I hated in BF3 the insane amount of bullet drop/suppression/realistic shooting effects.  I know shifty a couple of years ago said something about "laser guns", but in my opinions that's what Battlefield always was, provided you do not shoot on full auto.  In BF2 using the M4 or G36c or M16 or most "accuracte guns" for that matter, you could hit a target consistently at a much, much farther distance.  In BF3 you basically have to calculate the speed/velocity of the bullet, the distance, the bullet drop, AND lead the target, for almost all engagements longer than what you'd find on the average call of cuty map.  It's stupid, it's overly complicated, and not to mention the insane scope sway on EVERY gun has turned essentially every gun into a sniper rifle.  If I aim and shoot somewhere, that's where the bullet should go.  I don't mind a LITTLE bullet drop, like Bad Co 2., but for gods sakes get rid of the fucking scope sway and the stupid fucking suppression effects. 

Better balancing between PC/console.  One thing that blew my mind about BF3 was how instead of dividing the maps into 64/32/16 size maps, ala BF2, they instead created static and unchanging maps which were then modified depending on the platform.  This meant the console versions sucked more then they had to, and the PC versions had to put up with the bullshit that was in there just for the consoles.  Without maps such as Metro, Grand Bazaar, Seine River, the console versions of the game would have been empty ghost towns.  I don't think it has anything to do with the players, its purely what the machines are capable of.  I'd like them to bring back, at the very least, large/small versions of the maps.  It just makes sense. 

Destruction to me is a one way street.  Either you go all out, and making almost every structure in the game destructible, or you don't.  BF3 also sucked imo because the destruction was promised to be in the game but it turned out to be 1/10th of what it was in Bad Co. 2.  I don't care about all the haters of destruction, it was and is the only original thing any multiplayer FPS game has done in the past 6-7 years.  Just because you have destruction doesn't mean it has to be a giant orgy of explosions and fire -- Bad Co 2 suffered from that perception imo because the assault class got the ammunition drop.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-03-21 15:22:50)

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
I enjoy bf3
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Same. It's been a great FPS game to get some teamwork action out of, with friends.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

FFLink wrote:

Same. It's been a great FPS game to get some teamwork action out of, with friends.
thats the thing...you have to play with friends to stand bf3 , and yes sometimes its even fun, but 2005 bf2 was my very best friend , and when playing with REAL friends / clanmmates it was like fun on extacy <3
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624
BF2 was a game you could easily sink a few hours into. BF3 can be fun, but the longest I can play it is about 2-3 rounds, even if I'm doing well. It just has too many literal, glaring flaws, primarily that combat feels sketchy as fuck due to the terrible netcode. It's not a good sign if you pretty much have to be intoxicated to enjoy a particular game.

@Spear, my problem is with "Premium exclusivities":
Getting content early is one thing - buying Premium was essentially a bulk pre-order, and getting stuff early for pre-ordering isn't bad in my book. It's more the Premium-only server option that was introduced, that irks me. Why servers actually choose to enable it is beyond me, but it's bullshit for me to load up Battlelog - having paid $80 for the game (a Limited Edition pre-order) + DLC content I own - and to essentially be unable to play because there are no populated, non-Premium-only servers for me to join. I guess you could pass the blame to the server operators for choosing to enable that optional feature, but I cannot think of why the option even exists other than to shoehorn more stubborn/discerning consumers like myself into buying Premium. That bothers me. It sounds like a small thing, but when it keeps you from even being able to attempt to play the game/content you've purchased, it becomes a pretty big issue.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

The new site for BF4 shows an aircraft carrier (Nimitz style) on fire, and a picture of Shanghai.
FFLink
There is.
4 days
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
one on the main things that really makes me dissapointed and no use in playing good on vehicle maps ( what BF is about ) is that no matter how many times you shoot down jets/choppers / tanks , the respawn timer is ridicoulusly fast even without fast vehicle spawn...there just no point in taking down the enemy chopper to relive ground forces if the ground forces only move 1 meter before the chopper is up...

and the faxt that air vehicles are more or less useless...
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

M.O.A.B wrote:

The new site for BF4 shows an aircraft carrier (Nimitz style) on fire, and a picture of Shanghai.
somehow I feel those pics are only from singleplayer
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida

thepilot91 wrote:

one on the main things that really makes me dissapointed and no use in playing good on vehicle maps ( what BF is about ) is that no matter how many times you shoot down jets/choppers / tanks , the respawn timer is ridicoulusly fast even without fast vehicle spawn...there just no point in taking down the enemy chopper to relive ground forces if the ground forces only move 1 meter before the chopper is up...

Not to mention the bullshit "vehicle disabled" crap.  I don't think anyone was really asking for that.  All it did was give people time to jump out (which imo is kind of lame)
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I'm also assuming all the images are from the singleplayer. Especially since the last unlocked image is 'Hannah'.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

Spearhead wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Not to mention the bullshit "vehicle disabled" crap.  I don't think anyone was really asking for that.  All it did was give people time to jump out (which imo is kind of lame)
actually (it's not good) its not a Huge problem for me I thought bc2 was worse where you har 0 health for seconds Before the vehicle blew, an observant player Will ALWAYS have time To bail....it should Also be noted I Always fled and repaired on my own (rarely on the airfield) if not below ~10hp, but no dissble is better yeah
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I like vehicle disable. It makes you be more careful of how you angle your tank and also is a reward for properly flanking one.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I'm also assuming all the images are from the singleplayer. Especially since the last unlocked image is 'Hannah'.
Probably. I just hope that if they do have three factions (and by the woman, Shanghai and that tank [Type 98], its definitely China), they put them into MP as well. I'd think it more likely that will happen though. The Iranians in BF3s campaign were mostly infantry and technicals, and what vehicles they used were Russian, so they wouldn't have made a particularly good faction for MP.
CC-Marley
+407|6799
I try to give this game a chance after chance. But everytime I quit after a round or two thinking what a piece of crap.
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Its only fun with friends now. I wish the Xbox version had 4 player split screen. Or at least system link capabilities. Then me and my friends could play without needing our own TV and xboxes in the same room.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

thepilot91 wrote:

Didn't you just contradict yourself?

First you say its too hard to relieve your friends from choppers because they respawn quickly, then you say they are useless.

Why not just not shoot them down if they are so useless?

Or shoot them down all the time and get lots of points if they respawn so quickly but are no threat?
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

Adams_BJ wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Didn't you just contradict yourself?

First you say its too hard to relieve your friends from choppers because they respawn quickly, then you say they are useless.

Why not just not shoot them down if they are so useless?

Or shoot them down all the time and get lots of points if they respawn so quickly but are no threat?
thats the idea yes, but firstly: after abot 5 Times other shit starts shooting at You jets, Ground vehicles and inf aa ....and since the Chopper is useless You have to flee...and even,if You don't have to its just very lame spending the whole round raping the same Chopper and that one ONLY in Order to,keep it Down. Every Round.

Last edited by thepilot91 (2013-03-24 21:12:23)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Macbeth wrote:

I like vehicle disable. It makes you be more careful of how you angle your tank and also is a reward for properly flanking one.
FFLink
There is.
Played some Air Superiority last night. It was pretty awesome, I have to admit.

16 v 16 just felt so awesome. I didn't find it too hard to evade trouble, too. I only got shot down once after killing 13 people, but I had a couple of collisions that weren't intentional on both sides.

CTF seems... Fun, but I don't like all the base-camping that happens on low-player servers, and all the stalemate on 64 player servers. I feel like a no-entry zone needs to be in place on the spawns for each team.

Bikes are awesome, though.

Can you pick up a flag while in a vehicle?
FFLink
There is.
Though I have just been reminded of how that if you're US in Air Superiority, you will win with any sort of competence.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Roc18 wrote:

Its only fun with friends now. I wish the Xbox version had 4 player split screen. Or at least system link capabilities. Then me and my friends could play without needing our own TV and xboxes in the same room.
so long as you say so, i guess that confirms it. so wait, wise judge, is bf3 "a good game", or is it "only fun with friends"?

El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5690|Gulf Coast

FFLink wrote:

Can you pick up a flag while in a vehicle?
negative, ghostrider.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I was suprised to see that you can use a helo to transport flags, even though a pre-release vid said it was only ground vehicles. Also, be warned with the bikes. Go within 5m of a landmine on on one and that thing will go off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard