M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

Spearhead wrote:

I just don't see how you could enjoy something like that -- in my mind, its even worse than BF1943's air superiority mode. 

Its probably because you don't like flying the jets in the other maps.  They get boring after a couple of hours.

On a side note, what do you all think BF4 is going to be like?  After Simcity, Dead Space 3, etc. I am 50/50 on whether I will be getting it.  This might just end up being the nail in the coffin.
March 27th we get to see a teaser trailer.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
ea ceo stepped down
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
thepilot91
+64|6232|Åland!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

Wonder if they'll continue with Marines vs Russians or introduce someone else. I'd like to see China again.
thepilot91
+64|6232|Åland!

M.O.A.B wrote:

Wonder if they'll continue with Marines vs Russians or introduce someone else. I'd like to see China again.
thought I heard 3 factions somewhere
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6619|Little Bentcock

thepilot91 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

I enjoy air superiority
wasnt it you saying bf2 jets were arcade pewpew 12-year old quotes?...I feel like the bf3 jets are a horrible unrealistic joke wich are absolutely no fun at all to fly
When? I can't remember saying that in recent memory. Though maybe I said something when someone said they were like a simulator. To which I have may have said it doesn't get much more arcadey.

And when did I say BF3 jets weren't? haha. I just said I enjoyed the mode. Go out, do some circles, shoot some guys that hold afterburner down the whole time, leave with points.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2013-03-19 15:20:11)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6705|England. Stoke
Leaked details (apparently):

Battlefield 4 will stick with 64 players. Maps are larger and more detailed.
Three factions: US, Russia, and an unnamed ?Eastern/Asian? faction.
4 classes with ?additional features and tweaks? compared to BF3
Shipping with same amount of maps as BF3, there are plans for lots of DLC.
DLC is already in planning stages.
Battlefield 4 Premium will be available on day one and include some perks.
Most of the guns and vehicles from BF3 will return.
More squad features.
Commander feature returns, but won?t be the same as in BF2
Battlefield 4 is coming out on both current and next gen systems, and PC as well.
Game is more of an evolution rather than revolution of the series. Both technically and gameplay wise.
Will ship with more game modes than BF3
Will ship with more close quarter infantry maps than BF3
Frostbite 2 engine is pushed further in BF4. Better effects, higher res textures, more detailed game worlds, etc.
BF3 will still be supported after Battlefield 4 launches.
There is plan of some sort of integration between BF3 and BF4. Could be Battlelog-only.
Battlelog will be updated for Battlefield 4 with more social features and more detailed stats.
Single-player and co-op will return, new writers involved this time.

Last edited by coke (2013-03-19 15:50:00)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
maybe the writers will make sp and coop fun

doubtful
the old multiplayer with bots was better
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

I hope the system reqs aren't hugely different. Sort of like the Cryengine in Crysis 2 and 3. Improved but not a lot of difference.

coke wrote:

More squad features.
Battlefield 4 is coming out on both current and next gen systems, and PC as well.
Game is more of an evolution rather than revolution of the series. Both technically and gameplay wise.
Frostbite 2 engine is pushed further in BF4. Better effects, higher res textures, more detailed game worlds, etc.
There is plan of some sort of integration between BF3 and BF4. Could be Battlelog-only.
Battlelog will be updated for Battlefield 4 with more social features and more detailed stats.
after such a big wait between 2 and 3 cant you just enjoy all the upgrades in between? bf4 talk bs!
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266

coke wrote:

Balls. So they say its launching with even less large vehicle maps than BF3 did?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6689

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

coke wrote:

More squad features.
after such a big wait between 2 and 3 cant you just enjoy all the upgrades in between? bf4 talk bs!
Based on that description, it sounds like they are making what ought to be a BFV or BF2142, that is a total conversion modification/game with the old engine, exploring new ideas. Putting the stamp 'BF4' on what should be BF2143 makes this a premiumable game with loads of DLC. It is no longer possible for DICE to develop a game unless it has the potential for lots of further merchandising.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
I think they are smart enough to know that they fucked up pretty bad with BF3.  I can see BF4 being a miserable failure, but I also think they are still capable of making a better game.  Just be wary of the hype train
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6650
If it has the same netcode as BF3, it's a no-go.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6555|Hungary
BF4 is like BF2142
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6689
If they bring back factions from BF2 it will be gud.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
how would something as superficial as factions improve terrible gameplay

are you trying to say you just want to shoot ragheads again?

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-21 10:05:38)

Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266

RTHKI wrote:

maybe the writers will make sp and coop fun
No amount of quality writing could fix the corridor gameplay of the singleplayer.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6508|Gold Coast
So BF4 is what everyone wanted BF3 to be like?

And modern setting again? I usually steer clear of the negativity of new games but at this stage it just seems like BF3.5

Drivable destroyers/Subs/Aircraft carriers?

Last edited by KuSTaV (2013-03-21 10:49:15)

noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6650
BF3+expansions were an extended beta that many were so kind to pay for at each step of the way. It provided a flagship title to launch Origin with, to work out some of the kinks from Battlelog, and let them "perfect" the PC-console bastardization of the series.

The best BF4 CAN be is a "best of both worlds", which is essentially a guarantee of failure to meet expectations from the PC crowd. How many promises for BF3 were met upon release? That game was/is a botched mess to this day, and it was (supposedly) in development for longer than BF4 has been. I have extreme doubts about BF4 presenting anything further than what BF3 already has, which is to say...mediocrity.

And the parties responsible for envisioning Premium exclusivities should have their genitals slathered in honey and dipped in a hill of fire ants. Unfortunately, I'm sure that gem of a marketing plan was the first thing on the list of bullshit ideas to carry-over...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

KuSTaV wrote:

And modern setting again? I usually steer clear of the negativity of new games but at this stage it just seems like BF3.5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z4jxkkrrKM
From the look of what's around the prop (hint of keel/rudder), it looks like a ship.

Ship to ship combat would be awesome, especially if you can actually go inside the ship. Like 1942's ships + Titan mode put together.
thepilot91
+64|6232|Åland!

M.O.A.B wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

From the look of what's around the prop (hint of keel/rudder), it looks like a ship.

Ship to ship combat would be awesome, especially if you can actually go inside the ship. Like 1942's ships + Titan mode put together.
that would be absolutely awsome...make a "titan/ iron gator/ ship" mode I'll probably be back ...atleast for that

I've started playing bf2 in the wait for 4 ...3 is just...poop can't take it anymore
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251

M.O.A.B wrote:

KuSTaV wrote:

oh yeah more extremely close quarters combat with full-auto zero recoil guns and suppression and flash effects will just be so

CANNOT WAIT!

i love how they release a 4 second video of a propeller spinning around and the internet are actually bothering to talk about it

lol are they even fucking trying anymore

OMG THE SUEPENSE IS KILLING MAE
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

If only.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard